+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
I believe we need to officially convey a message to the ministry indicating the processing time in the Calgary office has not been improved considerably and still far beyond 12 months unlike to the other large cities' CIC local offices . Calgary hosts numerous expats and should be on the top of the list in terms of processing time and NOT on the bottom.
At least they could hire a few additional temporary clerks to speed up this annoying lengthy processing time in this province. It's now quite unfair as we pay the same fee and apply under the same rule, but we have to wait approximately 8 months more. To me, it's nonsense type of behaviour with Alberta citizenship applicants. When calling CIC they always repeat their standard script mentioning the normal processing time is 24 months; however, they don't indicate according to the same CIC website, 50% of applications have been processed within 12 months in 2014, but not from Calgary of course !!! :'( :'(

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
Even a news tip on Metro newspaper might get some attentions from folks. The funny thing is that it's kind of Vicious circle as the clearance checks expire before the applicant takes oath as the processing time from processing date takes longer than a year . Again, CIC needs to inquire clearance checks burdening additional works, taking their staff time, and thus imposing a longer waiting time. A reform indeed requires, otherwise this story continues.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-timeliner said:
smrt and yesterday1234, and Batman did you guys get a test date? :eek:
Nothing from here yet, going to call them tomorroww!!

canalberta

Feb 8, 2009
batmann said:
Nothing from here yet, going to call them tomorroww!!
Can you please share the phone number again and any sequence of extensions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Citizenship ~ Family application
Local Office: Calgary
Received Date: August 08, 2014
In Process Date: October 09, 2014
RQ Date: November 15, 2014
RQ submission Date: Dec 22, 2014
Test Date: waiting
Oath Date: waiting

yesterday1234

Aug 26, 2014
Calgary-timeliner said:
Even a news tip on Metro newspaper might get some attentions from folks. The funny thing is that it's kind of Vicious circle as the clearance checks expire before the applicant takes oath as the processing time from processing date takes longer than a year . Again, CIC needs to inquire clearance checks burdening additional works, taking their staff time, and thus imposing a longer waiting time. A reform indeed requires, otherwise this story continues.

Citizenship ~ Single application
Received Date: March 3,2014
IP Date: April 11,2014
Test Date: 24/4 2015 yes I got a mail 27/3/2015 test day is 24/4 /2015 8:30

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canalberta said:
Can you please share the phone number again and any sequence of extensions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Citizenship ~ Family application
Received Date: August 08, 2014
In Process Date: October 09, 2014
RQ Date: November 15, 2014
RQ submission Date: Dec 22, 2014
Test Date: waiting
Oath Date: waiting
1-888-242-2100 ext 4, then 1, and then 0

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC and was told that my test date/ time: Apr 30, 2015 @ 8:30am. They sent me the test invitation letter on April 8, I haven't received it yet, also my eCase hasn't been updated yet. :D