+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats , hope u enjoyed ur vacation
femzade said:
Just checked my ECAS and the test invite has been posted. Will be expecting letter in the mail soon.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on April 16, 2014.

4.We sent you a notice on March 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Batman, I am sure you will receive yours pretty soon.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
For successful test takers, please help with the following questions:

1. Best practice website/app/book or any other resource that you have found particularly helpful for your preparation and success

2. What is the estimated duration of the test between arrival and departure. We are scheduled for 1.00pm, what is the optimal time to arrive at the place?

Thanks and regards for your help.

mumin

Mar 28, 2015
I have applied on april 2011,
time line:
application submitted: 14 april 2011
application received : 14 may 2011
start processing : 15 may 2012
rq send : 13 December 2012
rq submitted : 10 jan 2013
test 3 march 2015
now they are asking me to submit my home lease and bank statement since 2005 till 2011, i don't have them

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Just checked my ECAS and the test invite has been posted. Will be expecting letter in the mail soon.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on April 16, 2014.

4.We sent you a notice on March 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Batman, I am sure you will receive yours pretty soon.
Congrats femzade. Good luck with your test. I am hoping I'll receive the invitation soon.
Cheers ;D

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question number one try www.yourlibrary.ca and question number two i don't know for sure , but try to be there maybe around 12:30pm maybe ? , as they to check ur ID and all that and maybe long line not so sure , goodlucky
femzade said:
For successful test takers, please help with the following questions:

1. Best practice website/app/book or any other resource that you have found particularly helpful for your preparation and success

2. What is the estimated duration of the test between arrival and departure. We are scheduled for 1.00pm, what is the optimal time to arrive at the place?

Thanks and regards for your help.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you go to the bank they will give it to , i mean they will give official bank statement n if not they will give you some kind official letter that u were a customer from that that time to when, about ur house lease if it was an apartment go to the building manager shouldn't be problem ar they can write a letter and make them sign and notarized to show is official that should be good if you did pay ur rent with check will show on ur bank statement which again you have to go to the bank ur bank any branch
mumin said:
I have applied on april 2011,
time line:
application submitted: 14 april 2011
application received : 14 may 2011
start processing : 15 may 2012
rq send : 13 December 2012
rq submitted : 10 jan 2013
test 3 march 2015
now they are asking me to submit my home lease and bank statement since 2005 till 2011, i don't have them

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
mimi23 said:
Question number one try www.yourlibrary.ca and question number two i don't know for sure , but try to be there maybe around 12:30pm maybe ? , as they to check ur ID and all that and maybe long line not so sure , goodlucky
Many thanks mimi23. Very helpful.

tdolphin

Jun 20, 2014
it was a very long queue but all went well. They asked for certified translation of non-English stamps.
No updates on ECAS till now. Still shows in process and nothing about the test invitation.
How did you do Baher_2014?

Baher_2014 said:
Hey,

Yup I got the mail (test invitation) today and its dated for Feb,24, 2015!
My test is March, 30th!

Cheers

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
tdolphin said:
it was a very long queue but all went well. They asked for certified translation of non-English stamps.
No updates on ECAS till now. Still shows in process and nothing about the test invitation.
How did you do Baher_2014?
Hello tdolphin. How long did it take from the time of your test to departure from the place?

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
How much average time are they taking in calgary to
process the application these days. thought the process
is fast now, with one step process. Also I have given
my email address on my application. Can I expect to
receive communication through emails from CIC.

thanks,
GODHELP

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
godhelp said:
How much average time are they taking in calgary to
process the application these days. thought the process
is fast now, with one step process. Also I have given
my email address on my application. Can I expect to
receive communication through emails from CIC.

thanks,
GODHELP
Seems it is now taking anytime between 12 to 14 months from application to test invite. From test to oath currently between 2 to 3 months. Note that these timelines are for routine applications. You can take a look at timelines submitted by members via this link. You can update with your timeline as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?usp=sharing

On second part of your question, providing your e-mail via the citizenship application does not guarantee CIC contacting you via e-mail. Your online electronic application status and surface mails remain the modes of contact.

tdolphin

Jun 20, 2014
I arrived 20 minutes early and there was already a big lineup! It was moving very slow. Almost 2 hours.

femzade said:
Hello tdolphin. How long did it take from the time of your test to departure from the place?