+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

yesterday1234

Aug 26, 2014
sonu966 said:
I have also received the test date which is April 22. My application was received on March 03, 2014. The processing started on April 11, 2014.
Cheers.
THIS IS MY TIME SAME TO YOU

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 3, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on April 11, 2014.
We sent you a letter on May 8, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you a notice on March 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 22, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR TIME THE TEST

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
I am away from Calgary - on vacation in Sunny Orlando with wife and kids :), returning on Sunday. I have a good feeling that I will have test invite letter waiting. Will keep you posted.
I am pretty sure that you'll have the test invitation in your mail box already. :D Have fun man ;D

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.R. made the Timeline Spreadsheet for Calgary applicants, thanks a.R.

Please add your timeline on the sheet if you don't mind:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?usp=sharing

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zaraben said:
I just wrote a letter to my MP about the timelines in the Calgary office. This is the text:

"Dear Ms. Crockatt,

I am writing this e-mail to express my concern for the long processing times of Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) office in Calgary.

I participate in a forum about the citizenship process, where we exchange experiences, problems solutions, etc., including timelines in citizenship applications around Canada. I've seen than offices in Ontario for example are sending invitations for people who sent their application last November 2014, while the Calgary office is sending invitations for people who applied late 2013 or early 2014. As you can see, we aren't talking about weeks behind other offices, but months and months. This delay continues inclusive now that the fees for citizenship applications were increased in a 300%, from $100.00 to $400.00

This makes me feel less important than people in Ontario or other provinces where applications are processed more efficiently. I hope you can help in finding the reasons of this delay in this local office.

Best Regards,"
Well done Zaraben! I am sure that they don't care, but at least they heard the voice.

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
Alex_78 said:
I wrote to my local MP as well but no reply. I do not think they give rats ass about what we go through.
Hi Alex-78! Who is your MP!

sonu966

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Sorry I have forgotten the LOT Dates.
Cheers.

informatics said:
Woww....great news !!!

Congrats to you and your wife ! Do you know yours or your wife's LOT date ?

All the best !

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
You would get a better response from the CBC, CTV, and/or Global News departments if you sent this to them as a news tip.

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ERJOPA said:
You would get a better response from the CBC, CTV, and/or Global News departments if you sent this to them as a news tip.
I agree. I don't think the MPs care when we can get our citizenship as it's none of their business and they can't feel our pains. But if it's exposed to the public, I think they might do the as there is an election in the upcoming time.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015

abidbdo

Dec 24, 2014
one of my friend whose time line is under

received date - some where in early march 2014
process start - in april some time

didn't know the LOT date

received his test invitation , his test is on 20 april

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
batmann said:
Well done Zaraben! I am sure that they don't care, but at least they heard the voice.
GOOD JOB, BATMAN

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidbdo said:
one of my friend whose time line is under

received date - some where in early march 2014
process start - in april some time

didn't know the LOT date

received his test invitation , his test is on 20 april
NICE... thanks for sharing.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
batmann said:
Just checked my ECAS and the test invite has been posted. Will be expecting letter in the mail soon.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on April 16, 2014.

4.We sent you a notice on March 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Batman, I am sure you will receive yours pretty soon.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think next week will be a good week for you Batman , lets hope ur not a batman in really life ;)
batmann said: