+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

agrisiva

Nov 8, 2008
I just got test invite today for April 9th at Kathryn Room - Conference Centre, at Harry Hays Building. Is this same as room# 210?
Did any one else get this room name mentioned on your letter?

Application Received: Feb 18, 2014
Started Processing: Mar 28, 2014

Mask

Mar 8, 2015
Received my test invitation.

App received: Jan 24, 2014
In process: March 27, 2014
Test: April 9, 2015

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Guys, a question to those who have attended citizenship ceremony: in the invitation for oath that I received resently there is a document check list to bring along to the ceremony. It requires all passports, current and old, to bring with you. Do they really check passports again? Or it's just pro-forma?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi All,
I finally had my citizenship ceremony this morning and I am now Canadian .. It was great and easy process . We started lining up 15 mins prior to the time indicated in the oath invitation .
The ceremony lasted for about one hour..
When we checked in, CIC officers took the PR and asked us to show them the invitation letter and the landing paper .. That's all what they asked for..
Thanks everyone for the generous help and support in this forum .. Good luck everyone!!!!

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mask said:
Received my test invitation.

App received: Jan 24, 2014
In process: March 27, 2014
Test: April 9, 2015
Good luck with your test!

Cheers!

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Question...

A lot of current applicants that got transferred to CIC Calgary are waiting a year before they get the test invite.

Is this because the CIC officers are purposefully waiting for RCMP checks from Sydney to expire so they can do another check and also look at an applicant's "intent" to live in Canada even before that provision is part of the routine for the officers to look at in the future?

Just askin...

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ERJOPA said:
Question...

A lot of current applicants that got transferred to CIC Calgary are waiting a year before they get the test invite.

Is this because the CIC officers are purposefully waiting for RCMP checks from Sydney to expire so they can do another check and also look at an applicant's "intent" to live in Canada even before that provision is part of the routine for the officers to look at in the future?

Just askin...
I think Calgary has less officers...

Fanta_Nov

Jan 6, 2015
RussCan said:
Guys, a question to those who have attended citizenship ceremony: in the invitation for oath that I received resently there is a document check list to bring along to the ceremony. It requires all passports, current and old, to bring with you. Do they really check passports again? Or it's just pro-forma?
Just a pro-forma, document verification is done during test phase. I got the same list with my oath notification, check marked for all documents submitted with application, 2 pieces of IDs, PR Card and landing document are more important ones.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
RussCan said:

sorry guys for the late reply i finally got my oath letter as well ;D :D
for 21 april
and russcan i think this is routine they ask u to bring along ur listed docs
:) :)