+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
HELLO Canucforvr,

Any wild guess based on you research when will the august/14 /2014 test takers will get there oath.

Thanks.]

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After the august/12/2014 test takers will get their, which is the date I gave my test.

Just kidding. I am hoping some time around or after second week of October?

ardmsseeker

Sep 8, 2014
Hi ,

I took my test on 23rd september and after i passed ,they told me to take oath letter notification within 1 to 3 months. As , i just came to take my test from abroad and i want to go as well .So ,is it any possibilty for urgent processing for oath or if i return so how can i reschedule my oath . I do appreciate to plzz highlight this matter .Thanks

ardmsseeker

Sep 8, 2014
My time line are as follows ,

APPLICATION RECEIVED MAY 31, 2013

PROCESSING STARTED 20TH AUGUST 2013

CITIZENSHIP TEST NOTICE SENT ON 3RD SEPTEMBER AND TOOK MY TEST ON 23RD

I am single not family one applicant

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
CanuckForEver said:
So far I have seen only test notification updates in the forum for the past 1 month. No oath invite updates yet. From what I researched, the CIC is at the batch for last week of July, that took their tests, in clearing them for oath. Hopefully the August test takers hear back sooner from CIC inviting them for oath.
Hello ,

Do you or anyone have an idea what was the frequency of oath ceremonies in Calgary previously . I was never following them , however was surprised to see at CIC website that there are atleast 14 ceremonies scheduled for the rest of Sep. and October .However ,the fastest office Scarborough had around 18 to host in Sept and Oct . So , the difference is not much .Hopefully Calgary will speed up in coming months .

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
No letter or news for me. Called cic and nothing so far. No fingerprints and absolutely no activity. Now, how am i suppose to guess for test date?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who is going to take the Oath of Citizenship tomorrow (Sep 25, 2014) at 10 AM in Calgary?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
Who is going to take the Oath of Citizenship tomorrow (Sep 25, 2014) at 10 AM in Calgary?
Are you taking oath tomorrow? Just curious, as I gave my test on 12/August and still haven't heard back yet,

1. When exactly in August did you give your test?
2. When did you receive the oath letter?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
Are you taking oath tomorrow? Yup, finally citizen as of todayJust curious, as I gave my test on 12/August and still haven't heard back yet,

1. When exactly in August did you give your test? Aug 5
2. When did you receive the oath letter? Letter issued on Aug 13 but received 18/19 Aug.

Did you check your application status online? At first I saw the status online; after that received the letter.

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
shozee said:
No letter or news for me. Called cic and nothing so far. No fingerprints and absolutely no activity. Now, how am i suppose to guess for test date?
No update from.my side. However I am travelling right now and will be back in Calgary next week; will update if I hear anything.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
informatics said:
Hello ,

Do you or anyone have an idea what was the frequency of oath ceremonies in Calgary previously . I was never following them , however was surprised to see at CIC website that there are atleast 14 ceremonies scheduled for the rest of Sep. and October .However ,the fastest office Scarborough had around 18 to host in Sept and Oct . So , the difference is not much .Hopefully Calgary will speed up in coming months .

Looks like Calgary is speeding up, just by how many oaths they have scheduled. I think the one decision maker model is having an impact here now that Summer is over and the officials are back from their holidays. I suspect this winter applications in Calgary will move really quickly and those that applied in the beginning of this year in particular might receive test notices by year end. Im now a tad bit more optimistic than before. This is encouraging indeed. At least we are not in Edmonton where the neglect of applications there just drags on and on with no one in the department brave enough to render a solution for that office.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Eminem slim shady said:
Looks like Calgary is speeding up, just by how many oaths they have scheduled. I think the one decision maker model is having an impact here now that Summer is over and the officials are back from their holidays. I suspect this winter applications in Calgary will move really quickly and those that applied in the beginning of this year in particular might receive test notices by year end. Im now a tad bit more optimistic than before. This is encouraging indeed. At least we are not in Edmonton where the neglect of applications there just drags on and on with no one in the department brave enough to render a solution for that office.
Keeping my fingers crossed as well ! Good luck and a speedy processing to all of us . You know its really hard to wait for 18-24 months when you see people getting processed in less than six months in other parts of the country. ;D ;D ;D

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
informatics said:
Keeping my fingers crossed as well ! Good luck and a speedy processing to all of us . You know its really hard to wait for 18-24 months when you see people getting processed in less than six months in other parts of the country. ;D ;D ;D

I know hey and I agree. Its funny how CIC continues on with this 24 month wait line each time you call them yet its as clear as day eastern Canada processes them in 6 months. Like do they think we are that stupid to not realise there is such a difference in processing times in this country? The only thing this gvt cares about are votes and oil companies that's all. Everybody else has to deal with shtty service from them. This country is becoming so much like a third world nation its somewhat disappointing.So much is wrong here, i cant wait to vote.I can forsee as of next year, renewing ones PR cards will take even much longer than it currently does, especially once the new citizenship rules are fully implemented. These wait times will shift from one immigration category to another , they are not serious at all in dealing with these problems. Infact I want to move to the Okanagan next April/May, so Im hoping to finish this process by then. If not I wont worry much, I will just request Canada post to forward all my mail to me in BC and have my address changed so my file can be transferred to Vancouver where it will still be done faster than here. However, I sure hope these oaths will bring us all closer to our test dates at least by this year so that we can wake up on Christmas day with a smile on our faces waiting for the oath.This one decision making model better be working here and these oath dates better prove there is movement here.