+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Maria, Calgary can take up to 9 months to schedule tests for applicants after their file is transferred to them. That means you should get your test no later then Dec/2014. But the sooner you get the gladder we all are. All the best.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Maria Ash said:
I am asking again everyone
Could anyone help me
I find the spreadsheet a bit confusing
My timeline is application received November 2013
Process started feb first week
Calgary office transferred on March 27
Thanks in advance
Maria

The problem is - nobody knows. I am in the surprisingly same situation:
Application received (2 adults + 1 child) on November 25th 2013.
Started processing on February 6th 2014.
Transferred to Calgary on March 27th.
Sent them a fax asking for expedited processing in July.
Learned from speaking with the agent that the request was rejected.

Ever since May when I call them the answers have ranged along the lines below, depending on the officer I spoke to, from:

All the checks are complete your file was placed in queue for the test;
The standard processing time is 24 months;
Everything looks great with our application and it's standard.
No further information is required and I have to wait.

So nobody knows. My case is really very straight froward. Work in the oil and gas, make 200 K (so a great task payer) owe a million dollar house (from day one in Canada), one of the daughters born in Canada. I sent them all supporting docs when applied: task assessments for the 3 year period, pay stabs for the 3 year period, a letter from my boss at work saying basically that I am the best thing since sliced bread, a cover letter from my self outlining my social and finical status etc.,
So what I thinks happens is that my file, no matter how great, is heating the shelf waiting before the backlog of files from before is processed and my turn comes. How long will it take no one, unfortunately, is able to predict. It all depends on the length of the backlog.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Thanks Canuck forever and Russcan for your reply the answers that you get Fromm cic russcan are the same that I have got
I was talking about the spreadsheet as well that we've created here I couldn't get the estimated date right coz from my understanding russcan your estimated test notification date is somewhere in first week of November 2014 please correct me if I'm wrong coz your dates are almost same as mine

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Recent changes to citizenship process
09/13/2014

Changes to Canadian citizenship and eligibility have been recently announced.

Citizenship Judge Joan May Way will do a presentation about these changes on October 3, 2014 at the Central Calgary Public Library.

If you know of anyone who may be interested in the matter, please pass this information along. Click here for more information.

I saw this news on http://www.immigrantwomencalgaryconnect.org/so thought to share it the guys here who want to talk to someone from cic I think this is a good chance

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
http://www.immigrantwomencalgaryconnect.org/blog/recent-changes-to-citizenship-process

Maria Ash said:
Recent changes to citizenship process
09/13/2014

Changes to Canadian citizenship and eligibility have been recently announced.

Citizenship Judge Joan May Way will do a presentation about these changes on October 3, 2014 at the Central Calgary Public Library.

If you know of anyone who may be interested in the matter, please pass this information along. Click here for more information.

I saw this news on http://www.immigrantwomencalgaryconnect.org/so thought to share it the guys here who want to talk to someone from cic I think this is a good chance

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maria Ash said:
Hello
Question for msfari seeing the situation when can u predict test for end of March lot
My timeline is
Applied in nov2013
Process feb 4 2014
Lot 27 march 2014
When should I expect test any idea would appreciate your response
1. The spreadsheet is currently a mess with division based errors so cell functionality an issue somewhere. Its an open spreadsheet so this is a downside. A close spreadsheet is better managed but someone has to take care of it, update it etc...usually someone starts off then they don't have time any more. Incentive to manage also lessens once you oath.

2. As advised CIC usually have a target to test by 9 months post LOT. Calgary had an issue when Q12013 in process files included applicants across Q32012,Q42012 who were transferred Q42013 (mostly October 2013). I recall this narrowing down somewhat for 2013 applicants but with the spreadsheet as it is can't see how much this has narrowed. In plain English your LOT may not be indicative of a true test date if your transfer includes a significant number of applicants who applied well before you say 3-6 months. Why should you get tested before they do? Go with the 9 months timeline for now which is reasonable given capacity issues at Calgary.

3. As a side issue I attended a ceremony at Harry Hay as a guest last week. Talked to one of the COs - they have approx 80-85 PRs taking the oath at each citizenship ceremony. 3 ceremonies a week on Thursday's so circa 240 citizens. With Calgary's backlog guess how many are in line? No one knows but it must be 5 possibly almost 6 figures with the backlog growing. CJ Joan May was most professional...they have a difficult task balancing the requirements of the Citizenship Act vis a vis proof provided especially for meeting the residence requirements. If Harry Hays intend to remain with one day for ceremonies then they need to increase the number at each oath time to double/circa 160 applicants but then downside is a cut back to 2 ceremonies to process everyone. Calling out 160 names isn't easy.

4. Ceremony management is an issue too with guests easily outnumbering those taking the oath. Some countries like the UK have a ticket system with 2 guests max for each person taking the oath. There may be a halfway house between this and keeping our Canadian oath ceremonies unique and a friendly happy gathering. Ultimately CIC need to really have daily ceremonies - maybe the October roadshow linked prior will detail this.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
1. The spreadsheet is currently a mess with division based errors so cell functionality an issue somewhere. Its an open spreadsheet so this is a downside. A close spreadsheet is better managed but someone has to take care of it, update it etc...usually someone starts off then they don't have time any more. Incentive to manage also lessens once you oath.

2. As advised CIC usually have a target to test by 9 months post LOT. Calgary had an issue when Q12013 in process files included applicants across Q32012,Q42012 who were transferred Q42013 (mostly October 2013). I recall this narrowing down somewhat for 2013 applicants but with the spreadsheet as it is can't see how much this has narrowed. In plain English your LOT may not be indicative of a true test date if your transfer includes a significant number of applicants who applied well before you say 3-6 months. Why should you get tested before they do? Go with the 9 months timeline for now which is reasonable given capacity issues at Calgary.

3. As a side issue I attended a ceremony at Harry Hay as a guest last week. Talked to one of the COs - they have approx 80-85 PRs taking the oath at each citizenship ceremony. 3 ceremonies a week on Thursday's so circa 240 citizens. With Calgary's backlog guess how many are in line? No one knows but it must be 5 possibly almost 6 figures with the backlog growing. CJ Joan May was most professional...they have a difficult task balancing the requirements of the Citizenship Act vis a vis proof provided especially for meeting the residence requirements. If Harry Hays intend to remain with one day for ceremonies then they need to increase the number at each oath time to double/circa 160 applicants but then downside is a cut back to 2 ceremonies to process everyone. Calling out 160 names isn't easy.

4. Ceremony management is an issue too with guests easily outnumbering those taking the oath. Some countries like the UK have a ticket system with 2 guests max for each person taking the oath. There may be a halfway house between this and keeping our Canadian oath ceremonies unique and a friendly happy gathering. Ultimately CIC need to really have daily ceremonies - maybe the October roadshow linked prior will detail this.
a friend of mine is a Q4-2012 applicants and she wrote test in june and took oath in aug. 22 month of processing time for a routine applicant. the number will go down, but by how much really depends on how CIC allocates more resources in this office. if the backlog is really 6 digi, according to your estimation, then it will really be a long wait for AB applicants.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
a friend of mine is a Q4-2012 applicants and she wrote test in june and took oath in aug. 22 month of processing time for a routine applicant. the number will go down, but by how much really depends on how CIC allocates more resources in this office. if the backlog is really 6 digi, according to your estimation, then it will really be a long wait for AB applicants.
Resource issue easy on paper - hire more staff but reality is different. There is contractual position for Federal Jobs (read once hired and the backlog is down where do these staff go). Likewise there is training to consider so there will be a lag time. I would want to be a fly on the wall when this is being reviewed with the union too. AB is Canada's fastest growing province (population and jobs)...it was inevitable a backlog would build up. I don't have the time but an ATIP request for budgetary allocation across CIC offices would show where Calgary is at in relation to inventory.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RussCan said:
Sent them a fax asking for expedited processing in July.
Learned from speaking with the agent that the request was rejected....
Curious if ok for you to share what the basis of your urgent request was? Rational vis a vis economic set up/personal finances is that someone well of versus someone less well off have an exact equivalency in 'provable' residence (subject to all other things being equal). This in keeping with an approach of all equal before the law (constitution) it seems.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Msafiri said:
Curious if ok for you to share what the basis of your urgent request was? Rational vis a vis economic set up/personal finances is that someone well of versus someone less well off have an exact equivalency in 'provable' residence (subject to all other things being equal). This in keeping with an approach of all equal before the law (constitution) it seems.
I knew I likely would not qualify for the expedited processing but thought I should would try. I basically premised my case on the fact I am well assimilated individual and that I would like to renounce my Russian citizenship but cannot stay without passport. Did not work

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Hi,
I am wondering who is next on the list waiting for the test. Any active member is waiting ?
We haven't heard of any updates for tests for a while.

Thanks

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
U4g5 and msafari the way cic is giving out test is totally confusing coz here u4g5 is telling about his friends case which was a q4 2012 who got test this June at the same time my friend applied in jan 2013 and got their test June 4th as well so maybe doing a few months pile I guess and whose coming for test next we have no clue as russcan has mentioned earlier

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
hello Msafari,

Any idea when the oath date would be scheduled for August/2014 test takers.

I took mine on August/14/2014 since than waiting and waiting .

Looking at the spreadsheet looks like 5-7 weeks, but your advice/word would be appreciated

Thanks.

SaffaMan

Jan 12, 2014
Received our notification to take the citizenship test on the 14/10/14 at 8:00

Applied: 11/6/13
Started Process: 17/9/13
Local office transfer: 12/2/14
Date of notice letter: 19/9/14
Received in post: 23/9/14