+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Hello forum members,

We (self, spouse and two kids) took our citizenship oath today with 87 others at Harry Hays building. Ceremony was scheduled for 1.00pm for those taking the oath and 1.30pm for members of the public. We arrived 12:45pm and there was already a long line. Everything however moved rather quickly. The Clerk of the ceremony came around the line to take the page 3 of the invitation letters which is the portion about agreeing to take part in the public ceremony and allowing press coverage.

Each family or single applicant were then called forward to sign present invite letters, sign citizenship certificate documentation and submit PR cards. No other document was checked (despite the invite letter requesting all documents submitted with the citizenship application).

The ceremony itself was quick and efficient and was all about Judge extolling the contribution of immigrants to the building of Canada and encouraging us new citizens to sustain the contributions and be proud of our new home and country. We took the oath, each person/family called forward to receive the certificate and thereafter sang the anthem - Oh Canada. This was followed by photographs with the Judge and other Officers.

This brings an end to my 15 months (yes, exactly 15 months) journey - application to Citizenship.

Happy to note that while it took me 15 months, lead time from application to oath is shortening at an encouraging pace and here is wishing you all the best outcome for your applications.

I may not be a regular contributor anymore but will check in from time to time to send my little contributions whenever it adds value.

BSD.MD

Sep 19, 2014
Dear friends,

Quick question. Maybe this question somehow was discussed here. I have test at June 18 but I will go for the vacation for whole July out of Calgary but within Canada. I am afraid to lose oath invitation. Do I need to talk about this with officer during doc checking and how do you think if he or she will understand my situation and can reschedule the ceremony? Or there is anyone else with whom I can talk?

Thank you in advance.

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BSD.MD said:
Dear friends,

Quick question. Maybe this question somehow was discussed here. I have test at June 18 but I will go for the vacation for whole July out of Calgary but within Canada. I am afraid to lose oath invitation. Do I need to talk about this with officer during doc checking and how do you think if he or she will understand my situation and can reschedule the ceremony? Or there is anyone else with whom I can talk?

Thank you in advance.
Honestly,

I wouldn't worry about it. They tell you to write down any travel plans you have within the next upcoming months on your test answer sheet and they say they will try to accommodate your plans. So don't stress over it. You'll be fine.

BSD.MD

Sep 19, 2014
Hmmm.. Interesting I did not know about this. Thanks Chingas.

Chingas said:
Honestly,

I wouldn't worry about it. They tell you to write down any travel plans you have within the next upcoming months on your test answer sheet and they say they will try to accommodate your plans. So don't stress over it. You'll be fine.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Hi
my last updates
I had my citizenship exam May 12
haven’t received my oath letter yet ,, decision was made on my eCAS with no information 2 weeks ago
I called cic to check my oath ,,,been told that my ceremony on July 1st and a letter has been sent yesterday

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
medopharm said:
Hi
my last updates
I had my citizenship exam May 12
haven't received my oath letter yet ,, decision was made on my eCAS with no information 2 weeks ago
I called cic to check my oath ,,,been told that my ceremony on July 1st and a letter has been sent yesterday
Big congrats, I am waiting too. Took the test on May 14th.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Calgary-timeliner said:
Big congrats, I am waiting too. Took the test on May 14th.
\
thanks
you should get it soon

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BSD.MD said:
Hmmm.. Interesting I did not know about this. Thanks Chingas.
No worries! I also have travel plans and once my test was done, I wrote down the dates I would be away on the answer sheet. They tell you to do so right before you right your test.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
jeune said:
when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me
jeune unfortunately many applicants before you have "lost" their passport intentionally to try and hide their travel outside Canada. As a result your application is going to get delayed as a result whilst CIC double check you are telling the truth and there is nothing you can do about that. You are also at a much greater risk of your application being turned down because of your lost passport if you can't prove your residence in Canada.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
jeune unfortunately many applicants before you have "lost" their passport intentionally to try and hide their travel outside Canada. As a result your application is going to get delayed as a result whilst CIC double check you are telling the truth and there is nothing you can do about that. You are also at a much greater risk of your application being turned down because of your lost passport if you can't prove your residence in Canada.
i sent already with rq last year . police report, medical record, study certificats, taxes assessement, , lease of rent, bank and credit statement
what can i d? i'm very confused

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
jeune said:
i sent already with rq last year . police report, medical record, study certificats, taxes assessement, , lease of rent, bank and credit statement
what can i d? i'm very confused
jeune At this stage maybe all you can do is wait and see what happens. What you really need is some "active proof" you were in Canada when you said you were rather than more "passive proof" of lease or bank statements. . Attendance record from college or work or something similar would be very useful.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have one letter from my employer that i worked with him . letter from Alberta work that i got EI. Family doctor. report from CBSA( canada border service agency) flight ticket paper, lease of rent, bank statements, police report justify that i lost my passport when i visted my family back home, school certificate some courses? i will bring from country a certificate of my travel. what else can i do?