+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

wise_turtle

Nov 16, 2023
I applied June 29th and everything is completed with my application except for background check. Is anyone in a similar situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied June 29th and everything is completed with my application except for background check. Is anyone in a similar situation?
So eligibility is completed too? Do you live in country of citizenship and never lived anywhere else? You should have a response soon.

wise_turtle

Nov 16, 2023
So eligibility is completed too? Do you live in country of citizenship and never lived anywhere else? You should have a response soon.
I have never lived in my country of citizenship and always lived somewhere else.
As per the MP who contacted the IRCC on my behalf, yes, eligibility is completed too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have never lived in my country of citizenship and always lived somewhere else.
As per the MP who contacted the IRCC on my behalf, yes, eligibility is completed too.
Ah…so that is why background may take a long time because you don’t live in country of citizenship. Why would you contact a MP when you don’t even live in Canada.

wise_turtle

Nov 16, 2023
Ah…so that is why background may take a long time because you don’t live in country of citizenship. Why would you contact a MP when you don’t even live in Canada.
Because I had no luck getting any response from IRCC. I deferred my program from Fall to Winter, changed my address, and provided more financial support documents through web forms but never received any confirmation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because I had no luck getting any response from IRCC. I deferred my program from Fall to Winter, changed my address, and provided more financial support documents through web forms but never received any confirmation.
All you can do is wait. Sending webforms with even more documentation slows down your file. Now it is background check because those financial documents have to be verified as being authentic. Don’t send any more webforms.

Bhumi in Canada

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Guys I wanted to ask that if our file is under review then does it mean that the officer has our file and he is checking our file??
Because my eligibility and background check started on the 29 September and the update is the same since then.