+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

Jess930123

Aug 3, 2023
Hi Guys,

Now been waiting 133 days, around 19 weeks.
I have received a new letter of acceptance for winter intake...sent it with a web form...I hope i will get a response.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
My brother-in-law's application was refused. Just ordered CAIPS/GCMS notes ... any additional suggestions?

Rany88

Nov 11, 2021
My brother-in-law's application was refused. Just ordered CAIPS/GCMS notes ... any additional suggestions?
Sorry about that, I saw someone on this thread, got Refusal and applied for the second time and was approved,
They still have time to apply for winter 2024.
When did they do their biometrics?

Rany88

Nov 11, 2021
If I use a representative for my application, can I still use "Application Tracker" to track my application?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Sorry about that, I saw someone on this thread, got Refusal and applied for the second time and was approved,
They still have time to apply for winter 2024.
When did they do their biometrics?
HI Rany, that is the hope. I am wondering if there is any difference in refusals between DLI with PGWP or not?
Biometrics are good until July 24

alifawaz99

Sep 19, 2023
Hello guys,
I hope you're all good.
I've applied for a study permit more than 4 months ago. They've asked for additional documents on June 23 and I've submitted them on the same day. Still no updates so far and the additional documents status is as: We're reviewing the additional documents you provided since July 17 !
Background checks are still processing too.
Idk what's the problem. I've submitted many webforms and they always say that they're still processing my background check!
I had to defer my semester till Winter 2024 too.
Do I have to send a webform for that too?
Is it normal that a study permit takes this much time to be processed?
I'd really appreciate any help.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys,
I hope you're all good.
I've applied for a study permit more than 4 months ago. They've asked for additional documents on June 23 and I've submitted them on the same day. Still no updates so far and the additional documents status is as: We're reviewing the additional documents you provided since July 17 !
Background checks are still processing too.
Idk what's the problem. I've submitted many webforms and they always say that they're still processing my background check!
I had to defer my semester till Winter 2024 too.
Do I have to send a webform for that too?
Is it normal that a study permit takes this much time to be processed?
I'd really appreciate any help.
Thank you
Yes it is normal because of the backlog. Also depends on the country you live because background and eligibility checks can take longer. If you have a new LOA, then send a webform. After that, no point in sending more webforms.

Reactions: alifawaz99

alifawaz99

Sep 19, 2023
Yes it is normal because of the backlog. Also depends on the country you live because background and eligibility checks can take longer. If you have a new LOA, then send a webform. After that, no point in sending more webforms.
Thanks for your help dear. The concerning thing is that my friends got theirs in 2 months and some got their visa in 1 month! Idk what's the problem. I've applied from Lebanon. Will send them a webform for the new Letter of Admission :)

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Applied on 18th July 2023
Medical updated on 8th Aug
Eligibility & Background Check in process from 8th Aug

Sent a webform regarding delay on 6th Sep

08th Sep : Called IRCC on their telephone number to enquire about the delay. The agent informed me that she had forwarded the message to the concerned visa office.
21 Sep: Called IRCC again. Agent asked me to wait for the update/decision on my application.

Application is at Virtual Office Ottawa