28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone who was not able to provide CIC with travel tickets had any problems with it, and/or any advices which you may have.

My sponsor threw out all the paperwork I had been organizing for years for personal purposes (travel tickets, copies of I-94, etc), and now these would have come in handy for my citizenship application but I don't have them anymore for over a year now. Since my sponsor was the one booking trips throughout the years, I don't have access to the itineraries — and he no longer speaks to me, so I can't get it from him.

I much rather have CIC request CBSA for my travel history (and I will of course authorize them to do so by checking the box asking if they may request my records from CBSA), should I include the above explanation on why I don't have my tickets in a letter to them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Most people don't need to put plane tickets in their applications. I travelled as much as the rest of my family but I was asked to provide plane tickets while the others were never asked to do so. It depends on your luck but the majority of people are fine as long as all stamps in your passport are translated to French or English and that you authorize CIC to look at your travel history. Good luck with your application!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ilkar said:
Hi,

Most people don't need to put plane tickets in their applications. I travelled as much as the rest of my family but I was asked to provide plane tickets while the others were never asked to do so. It depends on your luck but the majority of people are fine as long as all stamps in your passport are translated to French or English and that you authorize CIC to look at your travel history. Good luck with your application!
Thanks.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hello

Do boarding passes serve the same purpose as air tickets ? cheers
ilkar said:
Hi,

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
MiriamT said:
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone who was not able to provide CIC with travel tickets had any problems with it, and/or any advices which you may have.

My sponsor threw out all the paperwork I had been organizing for years for personal purposes (travel tickets, copies of I-94, etc), and now these would have come in handy for my citizenship application but I don't have them anymore for over a year now. Since my sponsor was the one booking trips throughout the years, I don't have access to the itineraries — and he no longer speaks to me, so I can't get it from him.

I much rather have CIC request CBSA for my travel history (and I will of course authorize them to do so by checking the box asking if they may request my records from CBSA), should I include the above explanation on why I don't have my tickets in a letter to them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Your sponsor, hmmm....
Anyway, who asked you for tickets; i'd imagine flight tickets you're talking about.

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
handsomeishere said:
Hello

CIC most probably considers boarding passes more credible as evidence of travel than a ticket. A ticket only shows that you bought a ticket but a boarding pass shows that you actually checked in for the flight. It is better that the BP is airline printed over a one that you printed at home.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Hello

Hi,

I recently received a CIT 0520 and they said plane ticket and or boarding passes are satisfying. They usually ask for those only when they want to double check whatever information border services gave them.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
era1521 said:
Your sponsor, hmmm....
Anyway, who asked you for tickets; i'd imagine flight tickets you're talking about.
Nobody asked me for tickets. I'm gathering documents, and tickets sometimes are requested later on, so I prefer to try to send a strong application from the beginning, with all possible proofs of residency.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
MiriamT said:
Nobody asked me for tickets. I'm gathering documents, and tickets sometimes are requested later on, so I prefer to try to send a strong application from the beginning, with all possible proofs of residency.
In your signature I see you had another application in 2013 and withdrawn it. Most likely you are bound to get the RQ.
My suggestion is to send with initial application only the requested documents in the checklist and have ready all the other documents for the RQ.
Sending them all documents from the beginning it will not avoid the RQ and you maybe will have to send them again the whole paper work.
If you still want sending all documents from the beginning, prepare and have ready 2 sets of documents as most likely will have to submit them again later in the process.

Good luck!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
era1521 said:
In your signature I see you had another application in 2013 and withdrawn it. Most likely you are bound to get the RQ.
My suggestion is to send with initial application only the requested documents in the checklist and have ready all the other documents for the RQ.
Sending them all documents from the beginning it will not avoid the RQ and you maybe will have to send them again the whole paper work.
If you still want sending all documents from the beginning, prepare and have ready 2 sets of documents as most likely will have to submit them again later in the process.

Good luck!
Yes, it was returned because I provided only the biographical pages of my passport while all they require are the biographical pages. An explanation was never provided, only that I needed to include the biographical pages of my passport in my application — while they were actually there, and were returned to me with the application.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
MiriamT said:
Yes, it was returned because I provided only the biographical pages of my passport while all they require are the biographical pages. An explanation was never provided, only that I needed to include the biographical pages of my passport in my application — while they were actually there, and were returned to me with the application.
So if your application was returned and you did not resend it, that doesnt mean withdrawn. Withdrawn application is the application that is accepted and In Process and for some reason is withdrawn.
In any case, if you insist sending more documents with initial application, make sure you have ready an additional set of copies from all documents in case you receive the RQ.
There are reports of people submitting bunch of documents not required with initial application and later in the process receiving RQ or CIT520 and being requested to send the very same documents they already sent and thought are already on file and would never be required.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
skywards747 said:
CIC most probably considers boarding passes more credible as evidence of travel than a ticket. A ticket only shows that you bought a ticket but a boarding pass shows that you actually checked in for the flight. It is better that the BP is airline printed over a one that you printed at home.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Cheers :)
ilkar said:
Hi,

I recently received a CIT 0520 and they said plane ticket and or boarding passes are satisfying. They usually ask for those only when they want to double check whatever information border services gave them.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
era1521 said:
So if your application was returned and you did not resend it, that doesnt mean withdrawn. Withdrawn application is the application that is accepted and In Process and for some reason is withdrawn.
In any case, if you insist sending more documents with initial application, make sure you have ready an additional set of copies from all documents in case you receive the RQ.
There are reports of people submitting bunch of documents not required with initial application and later in the process receiving RQ or CIT520 and being requested to send the very same documents they already sent and thought are already on file and would never be required.
In the letter they sent along with it, it asked if I'd like to have my application withdrawn and my money returned to me, or if I'd like to re-submit it with the required paperwork (the biographical pages, which were in fact included in the application). It was CIC's wording, not mine.