+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No status on the Original Application, can I send a new one?

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
but the fact that they don't open it in order comes across as so unprofessional. One would think they would time stamp and it generally is a FIFO approach (First in First out) !

Good Luck IRCANADA !
By no means am I trying to stand up for CIC, but based on 2013 figures (334,000 applications, lets say conservatively 240 working days in a year) they are receiving about 1400 applications a day. I would imagine they would have to dedicate quite a significant mail room workforce to process that number of packages effectively and in order. Clearly they do not have the funds to do this.

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, we have the same situation and was just advised today to resend our application. it is so frustrating, really!
would you opt to wait instead?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not a question of having enough funds. Organization structures has to change into a better and efficient way.
When they are backlogged you can argue that point of view. In this case, they are working on applications received to a certain date, however they are not really doing that. An application from a later date can simply gets processed before the announced and official date for the current processing which doesn't make sense. They have to put their resources together to develop a structural plan which can benefit them and the applicants. I wouldn't care if my application take 2-3 years to process as long as we know that they are living on their words. (when they say they are working on the applications received on the certain date but they are not). I love Canada and I chose here to live and study and work and contribute to, so there is no reason to hurry and get my Citizenship to leave to a different country. Only frustration is I don't know what actually happened to my application and what is going to happen.

pedros said:
By no means am I trying to stand up for CIC, but based on 2013 figures (334,000 applications, lets say conservatively 240 working days in a year) they are receiving about 1400 applications a day. I would imagine they would have to dedicate quite a significant mail room workforce to process that number of packages effectively and in order. Clearly they do not have the funds to do this.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
chin24 said:
hello, we have the same situation and was just advised today to resend our application. it is so frustrating, really!
would you opt to wait instead?
chin
when did they receive your application, mine was received 18th August and today they advice me to reapply.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are coming back to the real issue.... There is no transparency.

On top of that now we have to consider the real possibility that they might lose our application at some point.

It seems that they have organisational problems for a long time.

So at the end of the day, many applicants might wait for a long time just to find out that their application is lost.

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontonion said:
chin
when did they receive your application, mine was received 18th August and today they advice me to reapply.
hello, we sent our application sept 23, and canada post tracking stated that they delivered it sept 26 with signature of the receiver.
and just today, cic advised us to resend our application as she said, there are 2 scenarios:

1. lost mail- i said we have canada post tracking record that it was received
2. returned due to incomplete papers- so i asked, if it was returned, a: we did not receive anything; and b: it means our file was opened.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
I wonder if this situation happen to people who will apply 3 months before Bill C-24 become into force. what will they do

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all the people who will apply 3-4 months before the cut off date, we see that this is a quite realistic scenario and most probably the people have to wait another 8-9 months, before they resubmit their applications.

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a response from one of the citizenship expert.

"CPCS is often very slow to issue Acknowledgements of Receipt. They usually get the AoRs 3 to 7 months after submission.

I have never had them lose one, but I have heard stories.

If you ever need to communicate about an application that has not been assigned a file number, quote the courier tracking number (CPCS uses that as a temporary file number). Apparently, the apps awaiting file numbers are just kept in large plastic bins which I am guessing are coded by receipt date."

Hope this helps...

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Application lost by CIC-Please advise
I spoke with CIC call center. My application was received by Syedny CIC on 13of October and R.LAURENDEAU signed and got the application but I am still waiting for AOR. CIC says currently they work on October 19Applications. CIC call representative checked my application in the system and she told me it is not in the system and it may be lost, she advised me to reapply. The problem is that my original PCC is in the application, beside this, it will be very lengthy process to reapply. She told me that CIC call office does not have communication channels with CIC Sydney Office and my only option is to reapply. Is there any way to contact Sydney office and request them to check my application, I am sure they will have it as I sent my application via FedEx registered mail and CIC Sydney received it. Please advise what should I do?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Application lost by CIC-Please advise
I spoke with CIC call center. My application was received by Syedny CIC on 13of October and R.LAURENDEAU signed and got the application but I am still waiting for AOR. CIC says currently they work on October 19Applications. CIC call representative checked my application in the system and she told me it is not in the system and it may be lost, she advised me to reapply. The problem is that my original PCC is in the application, beside this, it will be very lengthy process to reapply. She told me that CIC call office does not have communication channels with CIC Sydney Office and my only option is to reapply. Is there any way to contact Sydney office and request them to check my application, I am sure they will have it as I sent my application via FedEx registered mail and CIC Sydney received it. Please advise what should I do?
"Please advise what should I do?"

Nothing.

Don't listen to that call centre agent. It is their go-to response to say "maybe it got lost, reapply". They have no idea what they are talking about. Everytime I called the CIC call centre they knew less than the information that is available online.

There are still AORs being issued for Oct 11,12,13 applications every day, just look at the spreadsheet. So this means that they are still working on those applications on a daily basis.

Patience is the word here.

If you didn't receive AOR by, say mid/late December, then I would start to worry.

Reactions: Najimi

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
"Please advise what should I do?"

Nothing.

Don't listen to that call centre agent. It is their go-to response to say "maybe it got lost, reapply". They have no idea what they are talking about. Everytime I called the CIC call centre they knew less than the information that is available online.

There are still AORs being issued for Oct 11,12,13 applications every day, just look at the spreadsheet. So this means that they are still working on those applications on a daily basis.

Patience is the word here.

If you didn't receive AOR by, say mid/late December, then I would start to worry.
Thanks Spyfy! I know that you are the most expert member of these online forums, thanks for sharing your advise. I will wait for some more time.