File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone who knows how long secondary review takes?
There's no fixed time. It's not that common to see sponsors go into secondary review so hard to guess.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
That was the response for the issue mentioned by scylla of possible misrepresentation due to undeclared relationship. Doesn't automatically implies that OP didn't live at all once they became a couple. I'm not saying that you are wrong, just saying that it's not given (yet). However, if you are correct, it would have been more appropriate to indicate your concern explicitly. Just saying that you understood something isn't really helpful. But it's your take.
Mate if a married couple isn't living together it's either a massive red flag or needs to be verified further. Simple as that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mate if a married couple isn't living together it's either a massive red flag or needs to be verified further. Simple as that.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. We see lots of spousal sponsorship cases here where the couple hasn't been able to live together yet. There can be any number of reasons for this.

However even if that is a problem, I really don't think that's why this application has gone to secondary review. OP says the secondary review is for the sponsor. If the application went to secondary review due to a lack of cohabitation, that would happen once the applicant is being assessed, it would not happen at the stage where IRCC is assessing the sponsor. If the sponsor assessment has been sent for secondary review, that would indicate that IRCC has concerns the sponsor does not qualify as a sponsor / doesn't meet the criteria. There are limited reasons why a sponsor doesn't qualify - these would be things like criminality, being on social assistance, etc.

CHRoua

May 10, 2022
Calgary
Hi there I sponsor my wife to came to Canada on April 2023 and it’s been 11 months sence we submit the application and 5 months from the date she pass the medical exam as we get rejected before because of proxi wedding but we get divorce and remarry again as that was because of corona and we explain all thy to them but almost 12 months now with no respond from them , what do u think the reasons will be ?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi there I sponsor my wife to came to Canada on April 2023 and it’s been 11 months sence we submit the application and 5 months from the date she pass the medical exam as we get rejected before because of proxi wedding but we get divorce and remarry again as that was because of corona and we explain all thy to them but almost 12 months now with no respond from them , what do u think the reasons will be ?
Why don't you read your own post, put yourself in an immigration officer's shoes, and ask yourself why you think its taking time to process your application?

Let me know if you want a hint.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Order your gcms notes.

CHRoua

May 10, 2022
Calgary
Can u please send me the link
Is it possible to refuse this seconds appication we submit because I know why they refuse the first one , because I wasn’t physically present so they considered as proxy wedding but we fixe it with the divorce and remarry again because back home in TUNISIA we can’t just change the marriage certificate if we didn’t get divorce first

BandR

Nov 21, 2023
Champion Member or Champion Troll? LOL.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have any idea how many people are married and do not live together that are approved for Spousal PR? Thousands. That's not the reason lol.
Don't act like you have answers just because you need attention.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
You got no idea what you are talking about. Probably 75% of people sponsoring a spouse have never lived together and only spent a few weeks to months physically together. The majority of us had no problems with immigration.

Reactions: BandR

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Champion Member or Champion Troll? LOL.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have any idea how many people are married and do not live together that are approved for Spousal PR? Thousands. That's not the reason lol.
Don't act like you have answers just because you need attention.
Champion Troll now - the things people ask in this forum are downright hilarious/ridiculous and I only target those posts now.

I do have the answers. Its called common sense. You must be eating some pretty special cookies if you think an immigration officer is going to let an application that notes a marriage, divorce, re-marriage to the same person fly, especially after IRCC warned about marriages by proxy.

lol @ you testing my knowledge with your "living together" comment - people who don't live together and are genuinely married have been approved for PR since 40 years ago... you think this is something new you're telling me lmao.

Last edited: