+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No PR cards more than 30 days after landing

sobolalex

May 3, 2010
Dear experts!
We have landed about 5 weeks ago but the PR cards have not arrived yet. Is there any reason to worry? I cannot figure out where to inquire about them? Thanks a lot!!!

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

As you are already in Canada i would say you contact cic on 1 888 242 2100 and ask them about it.

Regards
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sobolalex said:
No, i am in the US. My friends should get the cards. Can I call outside Canada? Thanks.
I am not sure if you are allowed to leave canada before getting your PR cards so i would say better wait for some seniors to shed light on it. As my understanding was that you are currently in canada.

Regards
Saki

sobolalex

May 3, 2010
I think that I am allowed. I don't need visa to entry Canada with my home country passport. I am on the academic assignment in the U.S. and had to leave. Any thoughts from the experts will be much appreciated.

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Its allowed but obviously no one can stop us to go out of country but its big fuss as in my case I have done same thing and my wife gone back to drop my kid back and now they came back to me saying that photos with the application is not good enough for PR card process and now I need to go to drop this photos to their local office and as they said it might take another 8 weeks for the process after I give photo.

sobolalex

May 3, 2010
I see your situation. But they should inform my friends that something is going wrong, or I am supposed to call? I have heard that many people land and go home to finish their home duties and their relatives or friends get the cards. I am really confused now.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey Sobolalex,

Me and my wife landed in Feb and we did not get our card for about 45 days and then i called and they said that my card had a bad photo and they send me a letter in about 45 days to reschedule an appointment in their local office. Obviously i was in USA and i could not make it to the appointment. I spoke to their agent on phone and she said to mail a new set of photo to the address that was written on the letter. I mailed those photos about 30 days ago and called them they said that they got the photos and they have resumed processing on my card again.

As for my wife they mailed her card to a wrong address and i had to sign a declaration form and fax it again which i did a month ago and i am expecting that card in about 10 more days.

As for speaking to them you can call them from USA. The number is 613-944-4000 and the option to speak to an immigration agent is 1 2 1 1 0.

Let me know if any other info is required.....

sobolalex

May 3, 2010
Thank you so much! I will try to call them. We didn't give any fotos during the landing process. Maybe this is the problem? The last time we give the fotos was when I submitted our application at the Consulate in my home country.

sobolalex

May 3, 2010
I called this number but they deal with passports only. Do you have any other suggestions how to check what is going on with our cards?
Thanks!!!

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
sobolalex said:
I called this number but they deal with passports only. Do you have any other suggestions how to check what is going on with our cards?
Thanks!!!
Did you get the sequence right 1 2 1 1 0. I spoke to them about 5-6 times about my pr card. Try again.