+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No passport stamps

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all those with this issue. I'm a bit worried about the interview stage, given that checking passport stamps against the online presence calculator is a big part of it. I have a European Union passport and it has not been stamped entering Europe or returning to Canada, during my eligibility period. There is nothing for them to check. How did you guys get past this? Thanks.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Hi to all those with this issue. I'm a bit worried about the interview stage, given that checking passport stamps against the online presence calculator is a big part of it. I have a European Union passport and it has not been stamped entering Europe or returning to Canada, during my eligibility period. There is nothing for them to check. How did you guys get past this? Thanks.
You can't show what isn't there.

Its common practice not to get your passport stamped on return to Canada these days and obviously its the same within the EU and they know that.

I had my test and interview last week and out of the 270 or so absences from Canada (most to the US as part of my job as a truck driver) and dozens of stamps, the interviewing officer merely checked one stamp to see if it matched, it did, and she said that would be fine.

They will be able to access your CBSA records to see if your returns to Canada correspond with the dates in the physical presence calculator too, so as long as you're truthful and complete the calculator accurately, I really do not think you'll have any issue at all.

I was worried I'd have huge delays due to my extensive travel history, but as I say, the interview was very brief and I went to 'Decision Made' the very next day following the interview.

Reactions: izqfre and nagrish

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
I saved airline boarding passes for those cases when my passport was not stamped, I asked the interviewing officer if she wanted to see them but she said no.

Reactions: nagrish

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't show what isn't there.

Its common practice not to get your passport stamped on return to Canada these days and obviously its the same within the EU and they know that.

I had my test and interview last week and out of the 270 or so absences from Canada (most to the US as part of my job as a truck driver) and dozens of stamps, the interviewing officer merely checked one stamp to see if it matched, it did, and she said that would be fine.

They will be able to access your CBSA records to see if your returns to Canada correspond with the dates in the physical presence calculator too, so as long as you're truthful and complete the calculator accurately, I really do not think you'll have any issue at all.

I was worried I'd have huge delays due to my extensive travel history, but as I say, the interview was very brief and I went to 'Decision Made' the very next day following the interview.
Thank you so much for your reply.

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saved airline boarding passes for those cases when my passport was not stamped, I asked the interviewing officer if she wanted to see them but she said no.
Thank you so much for your reply