+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No passport stamps for entries and exits into home country

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel like this has been asked before. I hope someone in the same situation who has been through the interview process can give some insight.

I am a national of an EU country and each time I visit my home country (or other EU countries) my passport does not get stamped. My application is in process and I declared all of my EU visits in the 4 year period in my residence calculation. I have requested entry/exit records from my home country but I am thinking there is a chance that I may not receive these prior to interview or they may not have the data I need.

I understand that other documents, such as flight tickets, hotel bookings etc, can be used to prove the actual dates of absence. I have my CBSA report to prove my entries back into Canada, however it is the exits from Canada/entries into the EU countries that are the missing pieces in the puzzle. I am interested what experiences people have had with the citizenship officer/judge during interview when they cross examine the passport and residence calculation and note the missing stamps? Has anyone been in the situation where the officer just accepts that no stamps will be present and do not ask for any other documentary proofs?

I have contacted all the airline carriers I used to get ticket usage records. Some have the data, others don't. Are emails of flight bookings sufficient to prove the dates or have people ultimately been issued an RQ because of this?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Issue seems to be if you are self employed, unemployed in all/most of the 4 year qualifying period then CIC really can dig into your situation. If you had full time employment (e.g circa 40 hrs/week) in a job requiring your actual and regular physical attendance (aka the bus driver test) for a bona fide Canadian employer following Canadian employment law i.e. deducts EI, taxes, pays via cheque or direct deposit and issues T4s as opposed to some mom and pop set up paying you cash with your NOAs showing annual incomes below welfare levels its less of an issue. If CIC really want to they can ask for your travel records from the EU state equivalent of CBSA via diplomatic channels but this usually for court related issues such as appeals or where they want to strip you off citizenship for residence fraud. They also have access via CBSA to flight manifests.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Issue seems to be if you are self employed, unemployed in all/most of the 4 year qualifying period then CIC really can dig into your situation. If you had full time employment (e.g circa 40 hrs/week) in a job requiring your actual and regular physical attendance (aka the bus driver test) for a bona fide Canadian employer following Canadian employment law i.e. deducts EI, taxes, pays via cheque or direct deposit and issues T4s as opposed to some mom and pop set up paying you cash with your NOAs showing annual incomes below welfare levels its less of an issue. If CIC really want to they can ask for your travel records via diplomatic channels but this usually for court related issues. They also have access via CBSA to flight manifests.
Thanks Msafiri. Fortunately I've had the same full time employment through the 4 years, i.e. I pass the bus driver test? :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got nothing to worry about, pay slip, t4 r all consistent for 4 years , great proof for your physical presence in Canada

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I have a similar situation only this time my wife is a stay at home mom. How will this work for her situation? Any suggestion? I only have email travel itinerary confirmation as evidence of when she left Canada.

Does CBSA now collect flight manifest as exit records? I am doubtful that they are doing that now. As they did mention that CBSA plan to make changes to collect flight manifest like US does in 2012.

Screech339