+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No foreign work experience. Can I still apply?

r1chard

Apr 23, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm in Canada right now with a working holiday visa (6 months). I would like to extend my permanence through Express Entry. I ran the elegibility tool and I resulted not elegible: i think that's because I have no work experience in my residence country. Is that requirement mandatory or I can still apply to Express Entry? I have a Master degree in Environmental Engineering and 6.5/7 score in IELTS test, so my Comprehensive Ranking score is pretty good. The only thing I miss is the working experience in my country. Could my application be rejected because of that even if I get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer supported by an LMIA? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need one year of full time paid experience to apply. Without one year of full time work experience you don't qualify.

r1chard

Apr 23, 2016
Understood. So, basically I have no chance to extend my stay here in Canada, even If I get a job offer from a Canadian employer? If I can't apply to Express Entry, are there any other pathways? Many thanks.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I only see a couple of options for you to extend your stay in Canada (as you are on a 6 month Working Holiday Visa).

1) Find an Employer who is willing to employ you and willing to apply for an LMIA for you.

2) Apply to a course of study that you have a genuine interest in. If approved you may be able to get a 'Student Visa', and if you complete the course you may qualify for a 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit.

I know that none of these options may be feasible but they are the only way I can see you extending your stay in Canada (and being able to work/study).

The only other thing I can think of is to 'Restore' your status as a 'Visitor'. However with this option you will not be permitted to work or study.

r1chard

Apr 23, 2016
JoacRy said:
I only see a couple of options for you to extend your stay in Canada (as you are on a 6 month Working Holiday Visa).

1) Find an Employer who is willing to employ you and willing to apply for an LMIA for you.

2) Apply to a course of study that you have a genuine interest in. If approved you may be able to get a 'Student Visa', and if you complete the course you may qualify for a 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit.

I know that none of these options may be feasible but they are the only way I can see you extending your stay in Canada (and being able to work/study).

The only other thing I can think of is to 'Restore' your status as a 'Visitor'. However with this option you will not be permitted to work or study.
Thank you so much, I will try to go for LMIA. Have a good day!