PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
please house...my friend works with the Nigerian Immigration services as an immigration officer ,he is lawyer and has both his LL.B and LL.M and has over 13yrs work experience ,he wants to know if he can apply for this PR under EE bearing in mind he is a government employee and under what NOC can he possibly apply.

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
gentleiphy said:
please house...my friend works with the Nigerian Immigration services as an immigration officer ,he is lawyer and has both his LL.B and LL.M and has over 13yrs work experience ,he wants to know if he can apply for this PR under EE bearing in mind he is a government employee and under what NOC can he possibly apply.

Thanks
Hi, he is free to apply to EE. Government workers are not restricted from applying and he should review the NOC list to see where he can fit in.

This is because immigration officers perform a variety of functions. Some work in accounts, some in operations, some in administration, some in supply and logistics, some in legal services, some in records, some in external relations, some in HR. The ball is in his court as he can fit into any NOC for which he can provide employer reference letter.

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, he is free to apply to EE. Government workers are not restricted from applying and he should review the NOC list to see where he can fit in.

This is because immigration officers perform a variety of functions. Some work in accounts, some in operations, some in administration, some in supply and logistics, some in legal services, some in records, some in external relations, some in HR. The ball is in his court as he can fit into any NOC for which he can provide employer reference letter.
Thanks Pipis Husband..i will let him know.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well done

9ja4dLord said:
Good day everyone,

I got my COPR and landed in Canada on the 24th of March. Ours was a party of 5. Myself, wifey and 3 boys.

To start with, we left Lagos on the 18th of March and had to go through the US. Plan was to fly to Canada on Sunday 22nd but that changed to Tuesday because of cost. Flight on Sunday between Newark and Calgary was US$3,430 - ONE WAY for EACH PERSON o. The same flight was 190 dollars for Tuesday. End of story. Lesson is that you should look at different days around your travel dates to see if you can make any savings. Trans continental flights look fixed but believe me, they still vary slightly.

I do not want to write for the sake of writing so I have listed the key points that I observed especially during landing and for the few days I spent in Canada.

1. Nobody really asked for POF at the entry point but I had to declare the money I had since it was more than the 10K limit in cash
2. The Immigration officer only asked me to sign the COPR. I couldn't remember the first 3 letters of the postal code and I was too tired to search my phone for it so the officer told me to go do it online when I get home and that's what I did. I didn't have to provide any address at the point of entry.
3. I was also told that I do not need to submit the list of "goods to follow" on the spot. I only need to be sure that I fill up the form whenever I am coming back into Canada with the additional goods. This can only be used ONCE within the next 12 months after landing date. What do I have to bring anyway? Buying things there may be cheaper for me than bringing stuff from Nigeria. It's more useful for folks living in the US already. They can simply bring their stuff and drive across the border.
4. I was looking for a bank that will not deduct monthly maintenance fees so I was directed to First Calgary since they have a no deduction policy. They have their limitations as a regional bank but I was ready to roll with them. However, they want us to book an appointment before they will attend to us and their requirements are sooooo many. They even want my hosts to be joint signatories on the account before they can open an account for us (wifey and self). Over wetin now? dem dey give plenty condition over say na my money dem wan take o. The following morning I was driving by a RBC branch and wifey reminded me that we once approached this very branch to open an account during our last visit to Canada and the only thing they requested was our landing paper, which we did not have then since we were just visiting. So we went in and we were asked to book an appointment (I don't know what their problem is with appointments). They also told us that they have a special package for new immigrants - free checking for 6 months and the account remains free if you have at least one investment account with them after the 6 months. Long story short, we were able to open an account with them. The Registered Education Savings Plan (savings for Children's education) qualifies as an investment account so I may be able to get the free account for a while. On the other hand, if they want to start charging maintenance fees, then I will move to First Calgary after six months since I will have most of the things they asked for by then.
5. SIN - No issues. Simply went to the nearest Service Canada office and got it sorted out.
6. Alberta health card - they requested for a proof of residence (bank mail or utility bill or a mail to an Alberta address with our name on it or a signed lease to indicate that you have rented an apartment). We didn't have this and we were ready to wait before someone told us to go back to the bank and tell them to print our statement (with our name and address). We took this to the Registry and it worked. Health Insurance settled.
7. Driver's license - This is by far the trickiest one for me. One, they didn't take the bank statement (by the way, the Registry handles both health Insurance and the driver's license). I was able to give them a signed lease though (after we got an apartment). Secondly, if you want to convert your license, they will collect the Nigerian license from you and validate it with some Nigerian Authority in Ottawa or so. Therefore, make sure your license is genuine before you leave naija. Also, bear in mind that they will not return the license to you. I had a couple of licenses with conflicting information so it was a real struggle for me. Eventually, I had to stick with driving with my Nigerian and International driver's license (of course this won't continue for long).
8. I wanted to buy a car and although I had the money for the car I opted to take it on credit and pay on a monthly basis. Why? To build a credit history. My host co-signed for me as a sort of guarantor. Please note that many people will not be comfortable to co-sign for you o. This na my brother, he knows my plans and he knows that I have the means to pay. This idea actually started when the dealer told us that they have a program that allows immigrants to pay on a monthly basis if they can show a proof of employment (with landing documents of course). I am not employed in Canada so we asked for alternatives and he told us about the co-signing option. I have two messages here - i). Ask almost everybody if they have a plan/package for new immigrants. Note that some of the plans need to be studied carefully. ii). Try to buy things on credit if possible so that you can build a credit history. Note that if you default on your payment schedule, you are killing the credit history that you planned to build.

I may not have made my points clearly so I'll be willing to clarify if there is need for that.

Finally, I want use this opportunity to show my appreciation to those that have contributed variously to making this thread a solid reference material for all of us.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people. Has Amy and others(THOSE STILL WAITING) received their MRs? I wish those attending interviews the best. Cheers

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To everyone who is billed to attend an interview this week,let me specially wish you the very best of luck!

You have come thus far,may you all go further until your dreams come to reality!

Make your schedule A form - IMM5669 your study book!

You will say in the end all is well that ends well!

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
For all those schedule to attend interview this week, I'm using this opportunity to wish you well. And I pray it will surely end in praise for you all. Amen

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
tbaba said:
For all those schedule to attend interview this week, I'm using this opportunity to wish you well. And I pray it will surely end in praise for you all. Amen
our success prayer goes to all interviewee, may God be with you all

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
We declare that the faithful God goes ahead of all interviewees this week. He gives them wisdom, confidence and calmness to aptly answer all questions. We declare they come back with testimonies. So shall it be IJN. Amen

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
As many of our colleagues getting set this new week(tinnyfrontier-23rd April,maskuraid-April 20th,dada-karma,PPbem -22nd April,LGuinivere-23rd April and others not on this thread) for interview with AVO this new week,we all pray that your preparations will yield positive result and favor of God and Man will rest on you.
For those who have been privileged to see their GCMS notes,I am sure you know where you need to focus on your file with reference to why you were invited for the interview.
For other that were not able to order GCMS notes due to time constraint,please focus on every detail on the forms and supporting documents you submitted with reference to IMM5669 as advised by solomonwis.Be consistent in every information you will give with relevant supporting documents....remember,nobody knows your profile better than you.This should not be taken as a criminal interrogation of your personalty but a confirmation/explanation of ambiguous statements in your files to AVO.
We all wish you the very best and expect positive news after the interview process.
All the best.
Cheers.

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
PORPHRY said:
our success prayer goes to all interviewee, may God be with you all
Please help me praise the Lord Almighty as my wife was delivered of a bouncing baby boy on 140415, mother,child and father are very well.. May He make delivery easy for all expectant mothers, Amen

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PORPHRY said:
Please help me praise the Lord Almighty as my wife was delivered of a bouncing baby boy on 140415, mother,child and father are very well.. May He make delivery easy for all expectant mothers, Amen

Great stuff. Congratulations

evelyn24

Dec 9, 2013
For those of us that will be going for their interview soon, Don't worry for the favour of almighty shall follow you to the interview ground. you shall find favour in the sight of the immigration officer that will interview you...............In Jesus Name,.......pls shout a big amen

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
PORPHRY said:
congrat on your new baby

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
PORPHRY said:
Congratulations, more blessings upon your family always.