+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CENT said:

Good evening my people,

Please I v been trying to apply for this express entry but I don't knw the requirement & what it takes to qualify, some said I should write IELT first. Please can someone educate me on how to register & what is required of me to qualify.

INNOCENT
Please see the info below. Some of the information may have been updated, such as the figures in the settlement funds, but these will mostly guide you. All the best...

"I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best!"

Godami

May 24, 2016
highty said:
Hi Godami, I think you will need some kind of certificate or certification to back up your profession. If I may ask, do you have any recognised certificate awarded to you as a chef and are you able to get transcript that will list summary of the courses you studied for this award. I know some universities in Nigeria run courses like hotel and catering administration at undergraduate level

Secondly, you will need a letter of employment or reference letter from your employer detailing your responsibilities as a chef or mechanic, how many hours you work and your wage entitlements

You will also need to show proof of personal funds (money deposited in your account or some kind of property equivalent to the required funds ) for you , yours and children if you have one.

I hope this information helps, but please get other expert opinion from seniors on this forum

Godami

May 24, 2016
highty said:
Hi Godami, I think you will need some kind of certificate or certification to back up your profession. If I may ask, do you have any recognised certificate awarded to you as a chef and are you able to get transcript that will list summary of the courses you studied for this award. I know some universities in Nigeria run courses like hotel and catering administration at undergraduate level

Secondly, you will need a letter of employment or reference letter from your employer detailing your responsibilities as a chef or mechanic, how many hours you work and your wage entitlements

You will also need to show proof of personal funds (money deposited in your account or some kind of property equivalent to the required funds ) for you , yours and children if you have one.

I hope this information helps, but please get other expert opinion from seniors on this forum
Thank you for this information. I can get employment letters from my employer but i do not have any formal certificate for the training or so. what do I do please?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Godami said:
Thank you for this information. I can get employment letters from my employer but i do not have any formal certificate for the training or so. what do I do please?
You need a certificate of formal training as proof you are certified./recognised in your profession. Please go through this link to understand the requirements for tradespeople, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

aayanshola

Jun 6, 2016
Dear Nigerian must I go through Attorney to apply for express entry? Because after completion of my assessment, I got a mail from Attorney that am eligible, and he sent me aggrement that I have to pay $950 twice to facilitate my document.

Exalted1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
XX72
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
With ITA 13-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Interview........
BG in progress 8-june-2016
Passport Req..
18-05-2016 Sent 23-05-2016 Arrived AVO 26-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2016
LANDED..........
In progress
aayanshola said:
Dear Nigerian must I go through Attorney to apply for express entry? Because after completion of my assessment, I got a mail from Attorney that am eligible, and he sent me aggrement that I have to pay $950 twice to facilitate my document.
@aayanshola,

You don't necessarily have to use an attorney for express entry. You can decide to apply by yourself. The choice is yours as both options have pros and cons.

I did not use an attorney and God has been so faithful i received my pickup mail today. I'm a provincial nominee and i love my province. There's also the FSW category and if your score is high enough you can get an invitation to apply

You'll need to decide what works for you but ensure you do your research well before you decide

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exalted1 said:
@aayanshola,

You don't necessarily have to use an attorney for express entry. You can decide to apply by yourself. The choice is yours as both options have pros and cons.

I did not use an attorney and God has been so faithful i received my pickup mail today. I'm a provincial nominee and i love my province. There's also the FSW category and if your score is high enough you can get an invitation to apply

You'll need to decide what works for you but ensure you do your research well before you decide
Well said dear.

BAJIBS

Jun 15, 2016
Good day all,

While trying to pay fro WES, i got an error msg of "Auth Declined", did anyone else get dis msg?

Thank u.

Olawall

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2015
Nomination.....
30-05-2016
If you have done a surgery a year ago,are you expected to state it in the generic application form by clicking yes under question K;if you had a disease,mental or physical disorder? or wait till medical request to indicate.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello House,

I got an update from my representative and my BG still remain the same "in progress"
THe review of the submitted documents part of mycic account is still showing: "we need an additional document from applicantt",
since the day I received PPR but before then it was showing provided.

I don't know the additional document they are referring to and no mail from AVO concerning the additional document.

Has anyone in the house experience this before, our passport is already 5 weeks with AVO

Before PPR
Application/profile details:
WHERE IS THIS APPLICATION?:DETAILS
Application/profile Status:eek:pen
Review of eligibility: Review in progress
Review of medical result: passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check needed: Not needed at this time
Final decision: Not started

After PPR
Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from applicant
A background check needed: in progress

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Olawall said:
If you have done a surgery a year ago,are you expected to state it in the generic application form by clicking yes under question K;if you had a disease,mental or physical disorder? or wait till medical request to indicate.
You can wait till your MR concerning this.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Aroms said:
Hello House,

I got an update from my representative and my BG still remain the same "in progress"
THe review of the submitted documents part of mycic account is still showing: "we need an additional document from applicantt",
since the day I received PPR but before then it was showing provided.

I don't know the additional document they are referring to and no mail from AVO concerning the additional document.

Has anyone in the house experience this before, our passport is already 5 weeks with AVO

Before PPR
Review of submitted documents: Provided
A background check needed: Not needed at this time

After PPR