+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Hi all,

Your advise will very much be appreciated......can someone who bears/share same family name/surname with me sign the reference letter from employer/company. As it is in my case, the CEO of the company under which my qualifying NOC falls is my brother-in-law...hence our last name is same. I was wondering if its ok for him to sign ....if CIO won't feel it's "arrangee".

Looking forward to prompt responses/advice.

Thanks.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
IMPORTANT PLS

I need people to help on the matter of work experience. I want to know how much I am going to get from my work experience. I am a medical doctor I have 2year experience in a field of medicine and another 2 years in another field of medicine. Both field is listed on on NOC website. Will they score me for 4years experience or do I have to have the 4years in a single field. What will I score. Please help me . I am sending my doc to visa office soon. I need to know so that I can plan my things

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
IMPORTANT PLS

I need people to help on the matter of work experience. I want to know how much I am going to get from my work experience. I am a medical doctor I have 2year experience in a field of medicine and another 2 years in another field of medicine. Both field is listed on on NOC website. Will they score me for 4years experience or do I have to have the 4years in a single field. What will I score. Please help me . I am sending my doc to visa office soon. I need to know so that I can plan my things

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010,
As far as I know,u will b scored pts for 4 yrs work experience.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Abisola,

Thanks for your contribution. I was thinking the same. I already have three passports glued together so I understand the stamping thing. I appreciate your clearing my doubts.

Thanks.

loyer

May 22, 2010
a colleague told me d 2 tarnscripts he want 2 send to CHC from 2 universities shows date of birth 06/04/1976
his IELTS and Passport carries date of birth 06/04/1978

has anyone experience such before
what can he do.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
IMPORTANT PLS

Iwin2

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
26th July,2012
Med's Done....
2nd August,2012
Passport Req..
6th Nov, 2012
lukeke said:
Hi all,

Your advise will very much be appreciated......can someone who bears/share same family name/surname with me sign the reference letter from employer/company. As it is in my case, the CEO of the company under which my qualifying NOC falls is my brother-in-law...hence our last name is same. I was wondering if its ok for him to sign ....if CIO won't feel it's "arrangee".

Looking forward to prompt responses/advice.

Thanks.
Your bother in-law should not share same Surname with u except by mere coincidence. Anyway, to answer ur question about who is signing ur reference letter,there is no law that says u can not have thesame surname with ur employer.However, to avoid ails altogether, u may which to note that there are other officers in the company that can give u reference letter apart from ur brother-in -law.Read a portion of what is written in Accra form/checklist. "Letters must include all of the following information:
•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
•your main responsibilities and duties in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
•a business card of the person signing"
Hope this information helps.Wishing u all the best.

neki

Apr 29, 2010
hello everyone,

good reference iwin2 regarding the signing of referral. in addition, please remember that is her brother in-law is her husband's brother then they would more than likely share the same surname.
wishing all the best and a highly favoured week.

neki.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Thanks Neki and Iwin2 for taking time out to advise me on my question/case.

Yes, Neki is right, the CEO who is my brother-in-law shares same surname with me because he is my husband's brother. He is my immediate supervisor as I report to him directly, however to avoid "ails" as sugested by Iwin2 I will ask the personnel officer to sign the reference letter.

Once again thanks....I appreciate.

Happy cheers.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Oloye, Barsindo et al,

Thank you so much. Am very grateful.

This is anoda reason I love 9ija pple. Omo carry go!

Iwin2

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
26th July,2012
Med's Done....
2nd August,2012
Passport Req..
6th Nov, 2012
@Neki and Lukeke.Thanks for the explanation.Now I know Lukeke is a woman.I thought we are all leaving in a man's world.Thank God for women emancipation.Wishing you well.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gr8 Naija People

All is quiet on this front now, waz up?

In any case, I sent email to Accra as my eCas status was not being updated and they replied me that there was a delay in further processing due to the fact that Nova Scotia sent my electronic application to another visa office/mission in error and they are trying to rectify this glitch.

I guess I just have to wait a bit longer before things begin to move forward.

Peace!!!

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I want to clearify an issue. From the time one sent document to visa office to visa issuance. What is the estimated duration. Can someone tell me the normal duration.

Iwin2

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
26th July,2012
Med's Done....
2nd August,2012
Passport Req..
6th Nov, 2012
@TJ. Nobody can give u that answer bcs a lot of things affect the time.But I can tell u that some Nigerians gotr it within 4 months of sending their full applications to Accra.U can actually fasttrack urs by doing the following.Send all documents with ur completed form at once.Don't allow them to request for additional document.Remember, ur IELTS must be among the documents(many have argued against this on this forum but the fact is u'll do urself a lot of good if u even have IELTS result b4 initial application),Respond to all requests promptly(including medicals and Passport),let ur package be well arranged and submit genuine documents(if there is any reason to doubt the authenticitry of the smallest of ur documents, u may be called for an interview and have a prolonged background checks.).These are human efforts u can put but still count on God for favour and speed.All the best.