+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Right said:
You never talk where you keep Spokes o.

E be like say me and you go enter same trouser o. Xmas don come...I no see Spokes, I no hear from her and you dey tell me say she dey fine. Hmmmm I dey provoke o. Gbam! :eek:
Hahahaaa :D, you have finally come out, I don talk am, :D :D :D :D :D, e don too late, the person you are looking for don enter purdah. Make you listen to the voice of Pa' Odeks :p ''GBAM''....... Pa' Right ;)

@ thejackson(Baba Zaria), I don receive your greetings, how far nah?. Jingle bells in advance :D

mfoniso

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
abj
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Quebec selected SW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2011
Doc's Request.
additional info requested: 29/11/2011
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
in process as at May 01, 2012......MR coming soon
Toluwanile said:
Hello o my naija peaple. How una dey. Sorry for my long silence on d forum. It was due to terrible circumstances beyond my control.
I have been away outside d country to seek medical attn for my darling husband who suddenly took ill and was eventually lost to d monster called cancer about 4months ago.
I just felt like checking my email box yestday only to discover that accra had sent an update request since 2weeks ago. I'm not sure of what to do 'cos we've used our cic money.
Pls advise me.
Tolu
Dear Tolu,

may i lend my voice to all the others on this forum in expressing my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your husband. I pray you will be strong in the fortitude provided by God himself. CIC's requirement is that whenever there is a change in the family, they should be so informed. Even if they had not asked for any additional info, you would still have had to keep them informed of this development. I think you may need to complete a new form IMM0008 to reflect the development. It may be necessary to attach photocopy of necessary document. I wish you well.

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Toluwanile said:
Hello o my naija peaple. How una dey. Sorry for my long silence on d forum. It was due to terrible circumstances beyond my control.
I have been away outside d country to seek medical attn for my darling husband who suddenly took ill and was eventually lost to d monster called cancer about 4months ago.
I just felt like checking my email box yestday only to discover that accra had sent an update request since 2weeks ago. I'm not sure of what to do 'cos we've used our cic money.
Pls advise me.
Tolu
Dear Tolu - Please take heart and accept my sincere condolences. May GOD grant u d fortitude to bear this loss. The LORD is your strenght.
As others have advised, just fill the update form and inform CHC,Accra including all certificates.

Kcsider

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Toluwanile said:
Pls advise me.
Tolu
Omase o. God will console, and take care of all he left behind. Amen

TEZKEM

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2004
Doc's Request.
May 2004
AOR Received.
Other updates in 2006, 2007 and March 2010
IELTS Request
N/A (representations made)
Med's Request
June 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 2011
LANDED..........
7th December 2011 (Praise God)
seglad said:
In exceptional cases, it takes 6- 12 months either for random security check or documents verification/conformity. Yours might fall on these categories. Besides, all depends on the availability of the visa quota for the current year. 2012 visa quota started in November. You may receive your MR soon if you have been scheduled to receive PR in 2012.

For a normal and straight forward application, it only takes 60 days after update unless the update is your first update request after sydney
Super, super consultant!

Seglad, you should be charging for this. But not for forum members sha!

laplatto

Sep 30, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
2281 - Computer Network Technician
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Won't be necessary
Nomination.....
06-2011
AOR Received.
11-2011
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
12-2011
Med's Done....
02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
2012 DV
Hi Naija People,

I checked my ecas today and it has changed from received to in process.

I got my AOR via email last month after 4 months.

Can anybody pls enlighten me on a probable timeline for medicals after the status changes to in process?

I am a quebec nominee.

Regards

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
Thank you my dear brothers and sisters. Your support and kind prayers are greatly appreciated. I'm glad i have family in you all.
I am the principal applicant and my score then was put at 72. I hope to be at the meeting on saturday. Pls let me know the time and place of the meeting.

@Pa Right Sorry for the loss of yuor sister and mum. The good Lord will be with all of us. By God's grace, we shall not record the loss of any loved ones in our midst again in Jesus name.
Once again, God bless u all

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Madam Toluwanile
What can i say that others have not said its really sad but we take solace in God almighty. May he comfort you and the entire household.

TEZKEM

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2004
Doc's Request.
May 2004
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
June 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 2011
LANDED..........
iomokorede said:
Dear Toluwanile, sorry for the loss. God will continue to be with u and ur household IJN. Amen
Dear Toluwanile
My sincere condolence. May God grant you the strength to bear the irreparable loss. Amen.

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
Hello, My people!

I am a new member on this forum, and am happy to find my own people here.
my question is, would i need police certificate from all the countries i have lived in, as i have lived in more than 3 countries or would it just be the country where i reside presently. secondly, ive also got a police character certificate from nigeria, about 2 months ago which was meant for something else in the uk, was thinking if i could use this for canada now, since am not using it again for the initial purpose, but wouldnt know if its the same required by canadian application.

Thanks in advance as you shed more light on this issue.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Toluwanile, please accept my condolences. It is a sad thing that happen but I believe God is comforting you and your family. May God keep you strong and bless you with your ugwu leaf. IJNA.

No one has replied me on how I can participate in the meeting. Hmm....

TEZKEM

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2004
Doc's Request.
May 2004
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
June 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 2011
LANDED..........
Hello Forum Members
This is to inform you all that I and my family landed in Canada via Toronto on Wednesday 7th Dec 2011. I have not been able to get online since hence this belated narrative of our experience. All in all, it was a pleasant but tiring trip. A trip of about 26 hours via Emirates Airlines from Lagos on Tuesday Afternoon (Dubai: 8 Hours, Toronto: 14 Hours, Calgary 4 Hours) :eek: We had an 8 hour wait in Dubai and a 3 hour wait in Toronto. We had to land in Toronto and proceeded to terminal 3 to board a westjet airlines flight to Calgary. We arrived Calgary on Wednesday night by about 11.30 pm Calgary time: 8am Thursday Nigeria time :eek: (the time diff is 8 hours with Nigeria); to the waiting reception of Gent2. More on that later.
Why this long route? Well, this was the cheapest one way ticket I could get.

Our journey to Calgary started from Kaduna on Friday 2nd Dec. We had planned to leave for Lagos on Saturday 3rd, but Kogi elections changed that entire plan. With all the post election crisis, the risk was too much to think of travelling that route after the election. (Thank God, we learnt, there was no crisis afterwards). My wife and 4 boys left for Lagos by ABC transport because of the luggage they had and also to be able to drop off my house help at Lokoja for my parents to take care of on our behalf. I had a meeting in Kaduna that day and so had already booked a flight to join them later in the evening via Abuja. Can you believe I still got to Lagos before them? I now truly understand what God meant when he said: I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end (I was there when their journey started and I was there waiting when it ended). You should have seen the look of amazement on my little boy's face when he saw me waiting for them at Jibowu Park at about 2 am when they finally arrived.

We stayed at a friend's place in Lagos until Tuesday. I sorted out my Forex transactions on Monday at the Bank. Tuesday, we were at the MMA at 11.00 am for the 2.45 Emirates Flight. Check in was smooth. As soon as the custom officers saw our luggage, they asked, “Are you checking out?” And I said sure! “I beg remember us oh” They did not bother checking our luggage and I gave them a nice thank you gift. Some attendants helped us to repackage our luggage to the required weights and we were off to go. The flight left on schedule and arrive Dubai about 7 and half hours later. Could not get internet access on my computer there else I would have began this post since then.
The flight to Toronto left about 1 and a half hour behind schedule at about 10.45 am dubai time 9Dubai is 3 hours ahead of Nigeria). A tyre had to be changed before the big airbus A380-800 (double decker) cruising at 38,000 took us on our journey. We took a great circle route over Moscow, St Petersburg, Tromso, Reykjavik, over Greenland and arrived Canada from the North, 14,000km, a 14 hours journey. It was amazing!
We arrived Toronto at about 4.15 pm Toronto time. We cleared the first immigration check and we were told we need to go into another room to land. There were a couple of other people there landing but the queue was not too long and in about 45 mins we were done. The immigration officer identified each person first, asked them to wait while I as the principal applicant completed the formalities. He asked for how much funds I had which I told him-he did not bother to check, just wrote the amount on my PRF. It was more than half of the required funds, asked to confirm my address in Calgary which I did. He cancelled the visas on each passport and signed the PRF and asked me to sign them off. I signed for myself and kids while my wife signed for herself. He told me to expect my card in 6 to 8 weeks, but if I would be leaving Canada before then, then I would have to apply for a re-entry visa at any Canadian high commission (for where!!! I no go anywhere until my PR card dey my hand!!!). He gave us a duplicate copy of the PRF and returned our passports to us and said “welcome to Canada”. We were then directed to another office where we were given welcome packs containing information on further documentations expected of us in Canada within the weeks ahead and province specific packs also (Alberta).
Our luggage was also not checked. We had initially declared the egusi, beans, garri and other stuff we were bring on our landing card which was confirmed ok. With that done, we went off to claim our baggage and off to catch the westjet airlines flight to Calgary. The flight was for 7.15pm and we were already running late. People are looking for fast buck everywhere and once the luggage attendant saw our luggage and understood we had to catch a flight in the next one hour to Calgary, he offered to give us a smooth assistance for a tip. His job was only to assist us with our luggage to the exit for the official fee of $30. But Westjet Airline is in terminal 3 and we had to take a train within the complex and ask for directions. We did not have that time and quickly took his offer for a tip. It was worth it and we made the flight in good time.
The plane was a Boeing 737 like Aero, but this one had TV. But by now we were all fagged out. The boys slept from takeoff to landing in Calgary (4 hours). It was a smooth flight also and we cleared our luggage and called a 2 mini vans to take us to our rented home in NW Calgary. As soon as we stepped out of the warmth of airport terminal, the cold nearly blow us throwway!!!!! My 2 year old boy was wondering what hit him!!!!
At this point, I used the mini vans phone to call Gent2 who met us at the house with the keys to the house along with his wife and daughters. It was a glorious meeting. They brought hot cooked rice and stew, bread for breakfast, cereal etc. This was at about 11.45 pm Wednesday night. (7.45am 9ja time Thursday) I can't appreciate this forum enough for making me and Gent2's part to cross.
Right from Nigeria, I had made contact with him when I was trying to rent a house via the various websites. Each time I applied and put 9ja phone, no response. I now had to call one of the agents who said yes he saw my mail but he deleted the mail because he did not understand how someone from Nigeria would want to rent a house in Calgary! This is how I drafted Gent2 to my cause and started putting his phone no in my applications, and many processes down the line, we were able to get a house to rent before coming. Although I must say that, the Landlord was also God sent because, he agreed to waive credit check, making do with only post dated checks for the first 4 months rent and the security deposit. Our choice of house was influenced by the fact that it was close to their intended schools, elementary and junior High schools - about 5 mins walking distance.
With Gent2's help we have been able to settle down fast. He took us round town to buy household things, SIN reg, Health reg, Phone purchase, getting things at a reasonable price and making life easy. Because, the COLD no easy, just coming from 9ja. How we for do? We for still dey shake for inside blanket by now. But Gent2 has really given us a head start.
Calgary is nice and we shall keep you posted in the days ahead.
PS: We keep waking up by 12 midnight (8 am 9ja time). Our body clock is still trying to change to Calgary time. I understand it may take a while to fully adapt.
Praise God!!

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
@ toluwanile,Almithy God,d father of the fatherless,husband of widow will surely comfort n strenghten ??? in Jesus name