+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Beenilly

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 june 2010
Doc's Request.
27 oct 2010
Med's Request
19 March 2012
Med's Done....
4 April 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th July 2012
LANDED..........
14 August 2012
gel003 said:
See as i dey dance for office as i read this your post.... My colleagues are wondering whatz wrong with me.. CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSS. Abeg make una move sharply...
Thanks dear. Your colleagues can't understand :-* :-* :-*

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Beenilly said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D its your sister pa EMO. As for the Chairmanses, its good for the body and soul ::) ::) abi na lie pa Right?

I've been to IOM even went direct to IOM at accra, the eailiest ticket I could get was for 5 september which is too far for us for personal reasons. We wanted a date in the next 2 weeks but IOM couldnt deliver. So IOM deal is off for me, sadly though :( :( :( :(
But i've made other plans will update the house of my landing experience soon.
So there are date constraint with the IOM too? Good to know that you are Ma. Looking forward to reading the landing gist.

Pa Jackson is owing us the landing gist. But I guess he is busy looking for his Townhouse :p :p :p in a good neighbourhood.

Cheers

Melody2003

Jul 2, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10- 2011
Doc's Request.
12-04-2012. Additional Doc Req-5/11/13
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Beenilly said:
Left lagos on monday 30th july with aero 7.15 am flight and landed accra 7.09 am accra time. Changed some money for taxi and running around at the airport. There is a burea de change at the airport. Exchange rate was 2.01 cedis to 1 dollar. Got to the Canadian high commission a few minutes after 8am and already met a loooooooooong que.
Joined the line and we were ushured in one after the other. The security details took my phones, tablet (tablet no be paracetamol o, i mean ipad and similar devices ;D ;D ;D ;D) and chargers. Proceeded to the security at the reception where i was asked to show a copy of the email sent to me to come pick my visa. After showing them the email, I signed the visitors register and was given a visitor tag to go see an immigration officer. Gave all my documents to her (2 passport photographs for each family member, Form IMM08 and the email) the officer asked that i put each passport photograph inside thier respective passports (Please dont write names on the back of the passport photographs, it will be rejected if u do). That was done and I was asked to wait outside for further details.
Waited outside with a huge crowd mostly nigerians till about 12noon when we were told our visas would be ready for pick up by 2.30-3pm. We were given the option to either go and come back or wait till the time.
I hit the road and went to do some exploration, visited buka restaurant in osu area and reffilled my tank with some nice nigerian dishes :p :p :p :p :p
Headed back to the embassy by 3pm. By about 4pm they started attending to PR applicants. about a few minutes to 5, I heard my name, proceeded to see the officer and I was given my Ugwu leaves and COPR. I thanked her and proceeded to my hotel to nack some bottles of chairmanses (no offence to pa EMO :p :p :p :p :p :p). Hit lagos the next day and the rest is history......
Hope that was detailed enough!
Congrats once again and many thanks for the details that was detailed enough especially the passports.

Wish you a successful journey to canada. Once there, kindly join the Landed Naija forum for the next updates as per travelling and landing.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
Beenilly said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D its your sister pa EMO. As for the Chairmanses, its good for the body and soul ::) ::) abi na lie pa Right?

I've been to IOM even went direct to IOM at accra, the eailiest ticket I could get was for 5 september which is too far for us for personal reasons. We wanted a date in the next 2 weeks but IOM couldnt deliver. So IOM deal is off for me, sadly though :( :( :( :(
But i've made other plans will update the house of my landing experience soon.
People should try looking up WAKANOW, they seem to have some good offer, in my preparation for landing I came to discover that their one way ticket for a family of four (i.e. with one infant and one below 5yr) though with Moroc Air and to land in Quebec, the total amount came to about 613,000 naira. Hence, I will check with IOM to decide whichever pays me the most after I get my PRV.

Cheers

Beenilly

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 june 2010
Doc's Request.
27 oct 2010
Med's Request
19 March 2012
Med's Done....
4 April 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th July 2012
LANDED..........
14 August 2012
4glory said:
People should try looking up WAKANOW, they seem to have some good offer, in my preparation for landing I came to discover that their one way ticket for a family of four (i.e. with one infant and one below 5yr) though with Moroc Air and to land in Quebec, the total amount came to about 613,000 naira. Hence, I will check with IOM to decide whichever pays me the most after I get my PRV.

Cheers
Thanks for the info. I did check out wakanow.com. But I have my reservations about multiple airlines which appear to be the cheapest on wakanow.com . My prefference is btw klm and luthansa.
For those of travelling with children, getting the cheapest tickets should not be our ultimate priority (just my 2 cents). Please look also at the transit time, number of stop overs and other factors as these are the factors that determine the price of the tickets. As for me, the comfort and safety of my kids superceed any other consideration. I got a flight on klm. Waiting time at amsterdam is less than 3 hours and we arrive toronto 11.35am. Suits me just fine.
We should all consider our individual circumstances and tastes. For those planning to use IOM, the earlier you make your booking the better.
Cheers and all the best as we all expect one update or the other.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Beenilly said:
Left lagos on monday 30th july with aero 7.15 am flight and landed accra 7.09 am accra time. Changed some money for taxi and running around at the airport. There is a burea de change at the airport. Exchange rate was 2.01 cedis to 1 dollar. Got to the Canadian high commission a few minutes after 8am and already met a loooooooooong que.
Joined the line and we were ushured in one after the other. The security details took my phones, tablet (tablet no be paracetamol o, i mean ipad and similar devices ;D ;D ;D ;D) and chargers. Proceeded to the security at the reception where i was asked to show a copy of the email sent to me to come pick my visa. After showing them the email, I signed the visitors register and was given a visitor tag to go see an immigration officer. Gave all my documents to her (2 passport photographs for each family member, Form IMM08 and the email) the officer asked that i put each passport photograph inside thier respective passports (Please dont write names on the back of the passport photographs, it will be rejected if u do). That was done and I was asked to wait outside for further details.
Waited outside with a huge crowd mostly nigerians till about 12noon when we were told our visas would be ready for pick up by 2.30-3pm. We were given the option to either go and come back or wait till the time.
I hit the road and went to do some exploration, visited buka restaurant in osu area and reffilled my tank with some nice nigerian dishes :p :p :p :p :p
Headed back to the embassy by 3pm. By about 4pm they started attending to PR applicants. about a few minutes to 5, I heard my name, proceeded to see the officer and I was given my Ugwu leaves and COPR. I thanked her and proceeded to my hotel to nack some bottles of chairmanses (no offence to pa EMO :p :p :p :p :p :p). Hit lagos the next day and the rest is history......
Hope that was detailed enough!
Congratulations and wish you well as you plan to land in due course.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@Beenilly
Congrats on your prv. I wish you and your family safe landing.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
EMO said:
So there are date constraint with the IOM too? Good to know that you are Ma. Looking forward to reading the landing gist.

Pa Jackson is owing us the landing gist. But I guess he is busy looking for his Townhouse :p :p :p in a good neighbourhood.

Cheers

EMO and my wonderful people

I landed in Calgary on July 27, but I actually entered Calgary on 28, 29, 30, 31 and 1August
Everything here is too official, no appointment no attention.
I am looking for the townhouse as you said . Again, it is by appointment.
To see a doctor -by appointment
To do a lab test - by appointment
To see a landlord-by appoitment

I was given sept 6 to see an officer in charge of new comers .

On my landing story
It is similar to all we have been told
Lagos- Frankfurt- Calgary. When we got to Frankfurt, we had few Euros to spend. My son was so excited that he said he will no longer call me DADDY BUT DAD.
The flight from FRA- CALG was about 9hrs 30mins. The Canadian Immigration officer confirmed that we were actually in possession of a valid Canadian Visa/ COPR before we were allowed to board the Air Canada.
At lagos, no wahala, Na pally, pally I do them. I pally them so tey , I had to use my foreign currency to buy my own food.Do not get me wrong, I was only being friendly. All the officer congratulated me for securing a Canadian Visa for my entire family. He requested that I assist him with useful information.
At the airport in Calgary, we only spent just 10 mins. The officer welcome us and ask that we give him a valid Canadian address for our PR Card.

I will give you the details. Just stay tuned. I am doing this in a hurry b/c I was asked to submit my CV in one organization.
I am still on my CV drafting now

Seee you soon. I do begin speak like OYINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Beenily, thanks for sharing and congrats on the PR may the land of Canada prosper you IJN amen. Great to hear you are landing soon and. Dont hesistate to get in tourch with our landed seniors in Ontario they are always willing to help. All the best in the new land.
Cheers

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
The Jackson,

Na you biko! You don dey speak like Oyinbo within few hours. Wetin make Pa Seglad and others do. Enjoy your sweat brother. I wish you well.
thejackson said:

I landed in Calgary on July 27, but I actually entered Calgary on 28, 29, 30, 31 and 1August

On my landing story
Lagos- Frankfurt- Calgary. When we got to Frankfurt, we had few Euros to spend. My son was so excited that he said he will no longer call me DADDY BUT DAD.
The flight from FRA- CALG was about 9hrs 30mins. The Canadian Immigration officer confirmed that we were actually in possession of a valid Canadian Visa/ COPR before we were allowed to board the Air Canada.
At lagos, no wahala, Na pally, pally I do them. I pally them so tey , I had to use my foreign currency to buy my own food.Do not get me wrong, I was only being friendly. All the officer congratulated me for securing a Canadian Visa for my entire family. He requested that I assist him with useful information.
At the airport in Calgary, we only spent just 10 mins. The officer welcome us and ask that we give him a valid Canadian address for our PR Card.

I will give you the details. Just stay tuned. I am doing this in a hurry b/c I was asked to submit my CV in one organization.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejackson said:

On my landing story

It's no longer more CV but Resume

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
@Beenily,congrats on ur PRVisa.wishing you successful landing ahead!!.@the Jackson,tnx for the landing update.Wishing you speedy progress as you settle in Canada!!!!

BDX

Dec 17, 2010
Hi Wonderful people. As we enter into the month of August, may God grant us all our heart desires. This month, AVO shall release relevant updates, MRs and PPRs.
I have been down since I came back from Accra and have only been connecting via the bb group. I guess it was due to the anxiety I went through while expecting my PPR mail in July. My PR visa case was a different one as I did not receive PPR mail from AVO like others. In fact, it was a divine intervention and I took a step of faith to approach the AVO on Monday 30/07/2012 (I will never forget this day in my life). It is a great testimony and I guess forumites who know my story would understand what I mean.
At AVO, while others were so sure of going home with their ugwu leaves, different thoughts were going through this my small head. But at 4:05 pm (Accra time - same as GMT), I got d the ugwu leaves - I return all Glory to God. Tears of joy rolled down and I realised more how Mighty our God is even against all odds. He is actually a listening God, He listens to our prayers and attends to them. This is why we should try and make it to the next Eagle meeting. God is really with us and will surely continue to attend to all our prayers.
On 30th of July, 2012. AVO hosted a large number of people that came for PR visas. It got to a stage we thought they might not be able to attend to everyone. Although some came with their family members, still the principal applicants on this particular day were many. Interesting, naija dominated. Nigeria is loosing her resources everyday, may God help our country.

I want to stop here and say a BIG that you to Ma Ig, Senior landed forumites and friends on this forum.

Our Canada dream o ni baje o!!!

'BDX

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013

[/quote]

Eeh eh Pa Jackson don begin speak like oyinbo? Mind the phoneh o. No go put piggin for middle o.

I am enjoy the Dad - Daddy parole. Am waiting o