+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the cost for medical, on July, I paid 26,000 naira at Asaju medical centre,victoria island,lagos, the cildren mdical cost less. about 19,000 naira

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Thank you for your reply I really appreciate your reply God bless you real good.
My status had change from day one to IN PROCESS from 9th of August 2010.
I want to know how long will it take them to request for medicals?
Is it the same cost of N26k my wife will also pay?
For those who got their visas how long did it take for their processing to be thru.
I will really appreciate your reply.
God bless you I hope all process will be thru by Nov 2010.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
Re: Is applying for Temporary Work Permit advisable?

Olabisi2010 said:
Hi Toluwanile,

My candid advice is that you let your PR application run its full course to visa issuance. Submission to Ghana VO is a closer step home. Therefore, expect the best news very soon. Also, temporary visa is far below the juicy apple of PR. Again, do not paint the perception of a confused applicant to the VO, however the choice is entirely up to you, these are just my gut feelings and personal opinion.

Regarding the prospect of getting registered nurse job in Calgary, explore the following websites;

Hi senior Olabisi,
i understand your point, it's just the unpredictable waiting period and the fact that registration in one's profession takes time that's giving me concern. I'm thinking of starting the registration process now hoping i will soon hear from the VO.
Thank you for your advice.
Toluwanile.

Best wishes
Olabisi

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
Awoderu A.A said:
It is adviceable to apply for the work permit if you have been offered a job. You can be working while the process is on. Tolu are u a pre june or post june applicant. As a post june applicant you still have a long way to go. so applying for the work permit would be adviceable
Hi senior Awoderu,
thank you for your reply. I dont have a job offer, but i have a US Rn licence which i'm hoping will count towards my registration in calgary and help in securing a job offer. So i feel it will be a good idea to start the process and apply for a temp work permit, but senior Olabisi feels otherwise. As regards your question, i am a pre june applicant: Applicion sent to NS in Jan 2010, 1st AOR received Feb,2010, Full Doc received by VO 21st June,2010.
Since then i have not received any correspondence from them. Can anyone pls enlighten me on how to use ecas to check my appl status? I have tried several times with my client number, but to avail.
Thank you and God bless everybody.
Toluwanile

flushmedic

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
Doc's Request.
22-02-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
@toluwanile i suppose the mistake you make is hat you use client number as the identification number.It is rather the imigration file number you scroll to before you putin our file number on the e cas

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toluwanile said:
Can anyone pls enlighten me on how to use ecas to check my appl status? I have tried several times with my client number, but to avail.
Thank you and God bless everybody.
Toluwanile
Hi Toluwanile,

You can follow the link as well as the procedures below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

Select Immigration File Number in the identification type field.

You will find this number on any official document issued to you from the visa office where you submitted your application. Your "Immigration File Number" starts with the letter "B", and is followed by nine numbers. (Example: B000000000).

Surname/Family Name: Enter your surname/family name as it appears on your application or identity document.

Date of Birth: Enter your date of birth as it appears on your application or identity document.

Place of Birth: Enter your country of birth stated in your application

Best wishes
Olabisi

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lnd_dan said:
Thank you for your reply I really appreciate your reply God bless you real good.
My status had change from day one to IN PROCESS from 9th of August 2010.
I want to know how long will it take them to request for medicals?
Is it the same cost of N26k my wife will also pay?
For those who got their visas how long did it take for their processing to be thru.
I will really appreciate your reply.
God bless you I hope all process will be thru by Nov 2010.

Yes, your wife will pay same cost of medical N26K as you, but they will give you a rebate on children. It takes 6-12 months for a successful application and approval.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Any one here got idea on how i can secure an admission in to an undergraduate in Canada or Us from Nigeria for my son

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
Thank you o Flushmedic and Olabisi. I followed your suggestion and got it done. It shows received by VO. Is there anyone on this thread who submitted to accra in june whose status has changed to in process? Pls let me know. The Lord will make everything beautiful for all of us in His time in Jesus name.
Toluwanile.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MY LANDING EXPERIENCE

My Naija pple, though this is coming a little bit behind schedule but it would have been bad if I didn’t say it.
We landed at Pearson Airport Toronto on Monday and this is the step by step info:

LAGOS: We left our house for the airport a little bit late not anticipating the long vehicles hold up at the airport. Checking- in our baggage took about 1 hour as the queue was long and the immigration process took another one hour despite the fact that concession was given to us due to our children. We boarded when it was just 20 minutes for the plane to taxi with so many KLM passengers still on queue though I’m sure that all were attended to. I hereby suggest that we should always get to the airport on time.

ON BOARD (Lagos to Amsterdam): This was a smooth, exactly 6 hrs, journey and we landed at Schiphol airport around 6a.m (5 a.m Naija time) The meal on board was good and KLM has very good entertainment system.

IN TRANSIT: We spent 8 hrs 15 minutes before our connecting flight and this gave us good chance to explore the airport as it was one of the most beautiful airports in the world with just one terminal but over 40 gates. Our journey continued by 2p.m for our 7 hrs flight to Canada. We arrived in Toronto at exactly 4.p.m Canadian time. The hospitality on board was same as Lagos to Amsterdam. A declaration card was given on board for us to fill and to be kept for immigration officers at the airport.

IMMIGRATION: At the arrival hall, all travelers queued up and after checking our declaration card and and pp we told him that we are landing, the immigration officer marked it and directed us to new immigrants’ desks and within 20 minutes we were true. The officer filled our landing papers (COPR), told us to sign some portions, asked for the landing fund we were having on us and I told him without even checking it talk less of counting it, recorded the amount in a form and . He then crossed the visa, told us to expect our PR card in a month, welcome us to Canada and told us to go and get books from another room very close where we were given so many immigration books, health card forms, child benefits forms and others.

BAGGAGE: We left the officer and went for our baggage. The guy that approached me requested for 14 dollars to help us to get our bags from the conveyor belt and I quickly used my Naija instinct by doing it for myself changing dollars to coins and with 2 dollars I got a trolley and moved my bags. Note: No one will be waiting to collect trolley money from you, it is automated, and you just drop 2 dollars coin into a machine, press a button by the coin hole and push the trolley out.

At baggage checking area we were told to queue up and bags and boxes including hand bags and purses were checked into detail. If you are carrying goods not allowed they will be taken immediately and in your presence dropped inside the dust bin. In case of newly landed immigrants, nothing was checked the officer only collected our declaration card and helped us to the exit. I guess this is the norm for new immigrants.
We now went out into the waiting hands of my friend and off we were to Brampton.

INSIDE CANADA: Rested the following day and went for our SIN cards/ number the third day which was given immediately and from there to service Ontario for our health cards which could not be done cos I was not having any official document linking me with my new address. The officer said that I can bring it at any time as my three months waiting time before the activation of the health card starts from my day of landing and not when I submit the form. I went to the bank, CIBC where I opened a cheque account, a free savings account, a US dollar account (All at a go) and my debit card (ATM card) was made available immediately with a promise that my credit card will come in two weeks and my statement of account (This I can use to complete the health card registration) will come by month end. I only opened the account with 1,000 dollars for me and same type of accounts were opened for my wife at same amount. Presently we could not exchange our money to Canadian dollars as the exchange rate is bad. So watch out b4 changing money.

WEATHER: Presently the weather is mild and to describe it in a lay man way, just as if you are inside AC in your Lagos office. But I was told that it will continue to get colder. So be prepared. Landing in the heart of winter could be deadly as you have to move from one location to other unless you have somebody that can help out driving you around. This, my friend did for us perfectly.

CHILDREN: Our children will start school soon as we want to get our accommodation b4 putting them in school so that we can get a place close to our house rather than enrolling them today and changing school the following week. Anyway, school just resumed on Tuesday.

Getting a driving license will continue on Monday and the process of getting a job is ongoing.

Thanks to you all my pple, Tito, Barsindoo, SOJ, Ighehinadara, Tinu, Mot, Vikolo, Badmus, dreamteam,Kako, Right, and all other Naijas on the forum, you are all special pple in the sight of almighty God. Your advise and encouragement really helped. And to all other guys like, Qorax, Leon, PMM, Rocky and others you guys are great.

I want to tell you that while my forum name is Oloye that of my wife is Boljet so do not expect anything from her (Boljet) as we both put this up and questions can be entertained now or later or through PM.

OLOYE AND BOLJET

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Baba Oloye and Family,
I will start by congratulating you on your safe and uneventful landing. Wishing you and your family great successes as you start a new life in Canada.
For me it is truely exciting that we finally have a naija person giving us landing a detailed landing experience in a way that we can easily comprehend and associate with.Thank you very much for this.I hope you will be gracious enough to continue to give blow by blow account of your experiences as you try to settle down in Canada especially on issues that will be interest to us back home.
Once again you are wonderful.Cheers.

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on your safe and eventful landing, and for ur down-to-earth details. I wish u and ur family the very best in Canada. Stay blessed. ;) ;)

adebolakazeem

Feb 13, 2009
Congratulations to you Oloye and family, may you never have cause to regret this decision. Lets know where you decide to settle, i would be landing in october, thinking of getting accomodation just outside toronto, preferrably in mississauga, pls, our pple dey dat side small? ( i mean the law abiding ones o!) lol, wouldnt mind being arounda few of my peace loving nigerian brethren. Congrats again, may it mark the beginning of greater n mightier things in your life.

flushmedic

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
Doc's Request.
22-02-2010
Med's Request