+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
vikolo said:
I agree with Tinuadeadebola.
You dont really need an agent with the info on this forum. The agents are so so expensive and they can not do much for you most especialy if they are based abroad. As things stand am contemplating withdrawing my agents services so that i can go it alone
Please check your personal mail, I have sent you the link for download.

Best!

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
neddy said:
@ Golden Apple,

Please i need all the IELTS material i can lay my hands on. my email address is kennethchinedu @ ymail.com. i will appreciate if u coul send the link to my box. thanks
Hi,

I have sent you the link - pls check your personal mail box. All the best!

Boljet

Star Member
Oct 27, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darkside said:
Congrats to Boljet and her hubby. They did well at the interview and they deserve it.

Ire a kari o
Darkside,
Thanks so much wishing you all the best in your endeavours.

Boljet

fran6

May 16, 2010
goldenapple said:
Hi,

I have sent you the link - pls check your personal mail box. All the best!
hi, will appreciate it if you could send me the link also, my exam date is june 19 this year. my email is udehcf@yahoo.com
thank you

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
fran6 said:
hi, will appreciate it if you could send me the link also, my exam date is june 19 this year. my email is udehcf @ yahoo.com
thank you

Please check your personal mail box - the link is there. It will only be active for the next 2 days cos it is hosted on a free ftp site. Please feel free to share it.

fran6

May 16, 2010
goldenapple said:
Please check your personal mail box - the link is there. It will only be active for the next 2 days cos it is hosted on a free ftp site. Please feel free to share it.

Thank you.

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hello Basindo,

Congrat! To GOD be the glory; Do not forget us here ooo. We need info on the state of things there. By the way , how do u sort out the accommodation stuff? Ar u in the hotel? or u wish to purchase . We need more info on ur landing experience as well.
Best of luck my broda.
Cheers.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Odeks said:
Hello Basindo,

Congrat! Thanks To GOD be the glory Amen. God shall be glorified in everyone's situation.; Do not forget us here ooo Haba why? Moi people I still dey ya side now ;). We need info on the state of things there Haven't explored that yet. Once I commence, I shall shout from the roof top ;D. By the way , how do u sort out the accommodation stuff? By the grace of God I have some of my dudes on ground so I am presently staying with one of them. It is a life saver because they are taking me around to the necessary places one at a time. God bless them real good. Ar u in the hotel? Beans or u wish to purchase Considering that. But one has to build his credit or import funds to scale initial hurdles.. We need more info on ur landing experience as well Trying to do the written test for driver's license. Na school jacking wey man dey o. It is very important that one gets his/her license issues sorted out with FRSC before coming. Make sure your documents are real. Don't use touts/contractors that procure license on your behalf. Without a license in this country, your movement is almost impaired. Obtaining the driver's license is very key for me, because it will free me to explore the environment in terms of property search and all. Also I will become less of a burden on my very kind friends who have to plan me into their daily activities. In all God is good and His mercies endureth forever. .
Best of luck my broda.
Cheers.

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Hello 9ja folks,
Kindly see the write up below,i copied it from another forum wherein i do check for info also,it might be helpful.Oga Barsindoodo,how far now?I see things are getting brighter and brighter and approaching the perfect day for you.It is well my brodda.I pray for everyone on this forum,may God bring to pass speedily that which he has promised each one of us and those around us too.Amen.

Hi Guys...

Was fassing on the Trinidad website and saw this piece of information that I thought would be usefel as it relates to purchasing a house within a few months of landing in Canada.

Typical mortgage requirements for newcomers (there are special mortgage programs for newcomers) are:
1) 10% downpayment from own funds
2) Closing costs from own funds
3) Credit History****(see below)
4) At least 3 months continuous work in Canada since landing
5) Proof of Residency status (PR card or COPR form)

***Since we don't have formal credit rating system in T&T, I advise that you walk with the following, as these documents were crucial in us being approved for the mortgage. I have only been working for one month and clearly did NOT meet the 3 month minimum requirement, but we were still approved.
1) Reference letter from your bankers in T&T (this was very important)
2) Past work experience letter(s) from previous employers (this establishes to the bank that you are not new to your field so you are more likely to remain employed)
3) 1 year of bank account statements
4) 1 year of credit card statements
5) 1 year of rent receipts (if applicable)
6) Letter from previous landlord (if applicable)
7) 1 year of utility bill (eg. cable; electricity; water; telephone etc.)

You don't need to have all of these, but at least numbers 1; 2; and either of 3 and 4 or both if possible.

I had to request some of these things be e-mail from my bank and past employers in T&T, and luckily they all responded immediately, but it would be certainly worth your while to walk with them when you come.

fran6

May 16, 2010
fran6 said:
Hi, have forwarded the link to your box.
Also saw this link somewhere
4shared.com/dir/34569109/202dca6b/IELTS

, it has a number of ielts downloads, i havnt tried it out though.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Hi Barsindoo, I'm curious about the license thing. Do you need it to get a vehicle? Or for other purposes? I ask this because I am wondering if one has to get a driver's license and car as soon as one gets there. What about public transport system?

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jada,

I was about to post some information before I saw your query. You can only drive with your 9ja driver's license for 90days only and that's if you have an international driver's with it. Once you land and complete formalities, you won't be able drive with your license after 90days from the day you first arrived.

The city is large (I mean Calgary) and public transport isn't like you have it in London -easy to move around with little assistance - although it is miles better than 9ja. For a new comer getting around can be difficult if you don't have a friend taking you around or a car. To drive in Calgary it is a must that you licensed. The licensing process involves you taking a written & vision test then a road test. If you fail the written test which many fail on the first attempt you will not be allowed to take the road test. That's the easy part.

If you have not been driving for a period of two years in your country of former residence, you will have to commence from the foundation level. This route will take you three years to obtain a full Class 5 license. Within this period you are on probation meaning you cannot drive without the presence of a person with Class 5. If you have more than two years driving experience you can submit your license for consideration to the service Alberta agents/Special Investigation Unit.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I have to start giving you links now:

To do the written test (if you are intending to land in Calgary) you will need to study this booklet properly before you arrive: transportation.alberta.ca/content/docType45/Production/Basicdrivershandbook2010.pdf

To understand the process of obtaining the license and vehicle insurance: www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm#Driver_Testing

To exchange your 9ja license for the Canadian one however you still have to do the written, vision & road test within say a month if all your documents are good and you pass the written test of course: www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1671.cfm

www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1671.cfm#JM_AllOtherCountries
www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/images/DriversLicence/Master_GDL_updates_2010MAR31_Web_Document.pdf

To do anything with licensing agents you must have obtained your SIN, opened a bank account that can support your address as an Alberta resident.

I hope this helps madam course I dey wait for that pepper soup o. ;D 8)

Peace.

By the way I scaled through the test by His grace on the first attempt.