+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Temithornhill

May 16, 2017
Hello everyone. Can one use a marriage certificate from any of the local governments or must it compulsorily be from a federal marriage registry? Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello everyone. Can one use a marriage certificate from any of the local governments or must it compulsorily be from a federal marriage registry? Thanks
The marraige certificate issued by any level of government in Nigeria is recognised and acceptable towards your immigration application.

ChuckNN

May 19, 2017
Hello my fellow Nigerians,

Newbie here! I just join the EE pool and I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but i need HELP

Please, I have tried to read through about 300 posts on this forum to get an idea about Proof of funding (POF) but I noticed most issues are tailored to the individuals case. Would someone be kind enough to either direct me to a POF requirements for dummies post or break it down for me as simple as possible.

I will like to know;

1. What options are there for me to show POF if I don't currently have ANY money
2. What options are there for me if I don't have the required money in my account for the last 6 months
3. When is the 6 months counted from? when i submit my application in the EE or when I get an ITA?
4. Can a friend/lover/parent/sibling etc. give me money to assist my application, how do i report this money?
5. What does it say about properties, pensions, valuables etc.

If anyone has had any good/bad experience...please share.

Thank you for your anticipated positive responses.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello my fellow Nigerians,

Newbie here! I just join the EE pool and I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but i need HELP

Please, I have tried to read through about 300 posts on this forum to get an idea about Proof of funding (POF) but I noticed most issues are tailored to the individuals case. Would someone be kind enough to either direct me to a POF requirements for dummies post or break it down for me as simple as possible.

I will like to know;

1. What options are there for me to show POF if I don't currently have ANY money None except you sell an asset to raise the funds and have documents to prove it or get the funds as a gift
2. What options are there for me if I don't have the required money in my account for the last 6 months See above
3. When is the 6 months counted from? when i submit my application in the EE or when I get an ITA? It varies depending on the officer reviewing the application at post ITA stage
4. Can a friend/lover/parent/sibling etc. give me money to assist my application, how do i report this money? Gift of money supported by gift deed from family members are sometimes accepted, depending on the review officer
5. What does it say about properties, pensions, valuables etc. Property/asset valuations are not accepted anymore

If anyone has had any good/bad experience...please share.

Thank you for your anticipated positive responses.
Hello, see above.

Reactions: ChuckNN

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Dear All,

Is 3 months (90 days) tenure sufficient when using fixed deposit as proof of funds?
3 months is okay but 6 months and above is better simply to demonstrate that the funds are dedicated to your future settlement.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow Nigerians, it's been a while. But thanks to God almighty for settlement. Thanks to all the seniors in the house pips husband et am. They have been doing a great job advising everyone. I am more experience now then the past few yrs we landed.
Canada they say is a land filled with milk and honey. But for you to get that milk and honey you have to pay the price of patience, perseverance and hardwork. Out of 100% Nigerians immigrating to Canada 95% will find it tough but the remaining 5% can find it rosy too it all depends on fate/faith bothare needed. I will start my advice in a counting order:

1. Just because you are an electrical engineer from Nigeria or a medical doctor in Nigeria or an accountant doesn't mean immediately you come here u will grab a job. Big lie. What ever province u find your self you will have to write the provincial exam pass it and given a licence to practice your profession. Hence u need money to pay ur bills(rent, water, electricity, cable, gas, bus fare, groceries etc as the case may be) for u to achieve those. But lucky for u if u have a family to accommodate u with no complains for that period.

2. Come into this country with an open mindset that you will do anything to sustain your family or yourself doing anything legit or legally possible to fend for them while you pursue your dreams. This country life is good but in other to get the good life u must compete with millions of people from all over the world. There is no substitute for hard work and there are no shortcuts simply because the system works. The life is good but not easy

3. Back in Nigeria I was working in a multinational oil and gas company earning 6figure salary but I quit because it was all about god fatherism, man know man, everything dey spoil for the company. I looked at the future of my children and saw that it was bleak i took a final decision and came here and started from the scratch december 2017 will be my 3yrs in this country but boy was I glad I left. Today I am not in the oil and gas but I am a supervisor in one of the biggest retail company in the USA and canada. So the ball is in your court if u are a slacker in Nigeria think twice before coming but if you believe in hard work pays then this country is for you. Truth is it's not easy o. But believe in yourself

4. Don't worry your 1st year will be filled with ups and downs due to change in climate and cuture. You will experience culture shock. And you will continue asking yourself if u made the right move. Don't worry be strong there is surely light at the end of the tunnel so far you believe in yourself that you will make it you will surely do.

5. Believe in God. Wether you are a Muslim or a Christian hold onto him. He alone has the ability to make the way easier for you
Today where I work they see Nigerians as hardworking people just because of me they hire more of Nigerians who r new to canada, i also talk to them motivating them and making sure they dont slack by doing good works and we can hold our heads up in high esteem.

6. Don't swallow everything anyone tells you hook line and sinker. Other fellow Nigerians in Canada who have taken the wrong paths will want to lead you same way. So shine your eyes and follow your instincts. Pray before venturing into anything new. Have a good day my people
Thanks for your advice but please can you elaborate on #6

What kind of path should one avoid?

Temithornhill

May 16, 2017
Hello everyone. I need your kind advice. We are post ITA and in the process of getting all our documents. My son's passport is expiring in August and we have since applied for its renewal but yet to get the pasport as we were told theres scarcity of booklets. We are confused on what to do as the 90 days to accept ITA is fast approaching and we are not sure when we will get the new passport. Anyone had the same experience? Thank you for your help.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello everyone. I need your kind advice. We are post ITA and in the process of getting all our documents. My son's passport is expiring in August and we have since applied for its renewal but yet to get the pasport as we were told theres scarcity of booklets. We are confused on what to do as the 90 days to accept ITA is fast approaching and we are not sure when we will get the new passport. Anyone had the same experience? Thank you for your help.
As with all things in Naija, you can expedite the issuance of the passport by 'settling' the right people. If it absolutely not available in your city, then move to the next city and get it done. I've heard people are getting it in Ibadan incase you're Lagos based. Make enquiries for other cities and treat accordingly, time is of the essence.

okengoakp1201

Feb 10, 2017
Hello All, Has anyone received PPR recently?
This is my Timeline;
AOR- Feb 18
Meds Passed- April 7
BG NS- NN-NS- April 7
BG NS-NA- April 27
Stream- FSW-O

Thanks.