Nigeria Applicant for Quebec Immigration for skilled workers

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intake of applications

Following a decision by the government decision published in the Gazette officielle du Québec on June 29, 2012, the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles is applying new rules for the intake of applications according to immigration class.
New intake rules according to immigration class

Immigration subclass

Bussinesspeople

Investors

No new applications will be accepted
from April 14, 2012 to March 31, 2013

Entrepreneurs and
self-employed workers

No new applications will be accepted
from June 30, 2012 to March 31, 2013

Skilled workers
See below to determine if you can submit
an application in the Skilled worker class
between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013

Skilled workers

You can submit an immigration application as a skilled worker only if one of the following situations applies to you:

You temporarily reside in Québec as a temporary worker. You meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Temporary worker) (PEQ - Québec experience program for temporary workers) or are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers.

You have obtained a diploma awarded by a Québec teaching institution for studies done in Québec or you are about to obtain that diploma and you meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec Graduate) (PEQ - Québec experience program for Québec graduates).

You reside temporarily in Québec as a foreign student, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.

You reside temporarily in Québec within the framework of a youth exchange program subject to an international agreement, such as a work holiday program. You are working full time in Québec, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.

You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a Québec diploma or a diploma treated as a Québec diploma that sanctions at least one year of full-time studies. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

You or your accompanying spouse hold an employment offer made by a Québec employer and validated by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada informed you that your application for permanent residence in Canada was admissible for processing.

You reside temporarily in Québec, you were a Canadian citizen at one time and you are submitting you application in Québec.

If none of these situations applies to you, you cannot submit an application until after March 31, 2013.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forms

Immigrate and settle in QuébecWhy choose QuébecWhere to settle?EmploymentEducationHousingFrench language
Submitting an official immigration application

Following a decision by the government decision published in the Gazette officielle du Québec on June 29, 2012, the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles is applying new rules for the intake of applications according to immigration class.

To find out if you can submit an application for a selection certificate, consult the page Intake of applications.

USEFUL INFORMATION

To be selected as an immigrant worker, you must have the schooling and occupational skills to facilitate your job integration. Other factors, such as language, age, your spouse’s profile and whether or not you have children are also important.

Note! Being selected as a worker does not guarantee you a job in your preferred profession or trade.

You have already found a job in Québec?
If you have a job offer, it is up to your employer to carry out some of the immigration procedure. See the section Recrutement international - Embaucher un travailleur étranger permanent.

Haut de page

IMPORTANT NOTICES

- Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests

- Notice for individuals planning to immigrate or stay in Québec

- Notice on Internet fraud

8 important steps

Here are eight important steps. If followed they will lead to your immigration to Québec!

Ascertaining the conditions for practising your profession or trade, if applicable.

Knowing how to overcome the major obstacles to finding a job.

Evaluating the cost of immigrating to Québec, including the cost of settling in.

Understanding the difference between the selection and the admission of workers—the respective roles of the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of Canada.

Understanding the requirements of the Immigration Program for skilled workers.

Understanding the selection process (including the interview and application processing).

Filling out the official immigration application – Application for a Selection Certificate (DCS).

Submitting an application for permanent residence to the Government of Canada.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/dcs-travailleurs/index.html
Please note that due to new rules for receipt of applications, we may send you a letter confirming the opening of your file within approximately six months. Rest assured that our office will send you this letter as soon as your file will open.

If your application is being processed in our office, we will respond to your request only if the processing time exceeds the set standard of service.

Otherwise, note that we have received your message and the processing of your application is progressing. Do not forget to consider the postal delays in your country before contacting us to track. Your shipment can often take several weeks to reach u

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The selection of skilled workers will be transferred from the Quebec Immigration Office in Paris, Brussels and its vienna at our Montreal office

The Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities wishes to inform its customers that as of 1 April 2013, the processing of applications for the selection of skilled workers will be officially transferred from the Quebec Immigration Office in Paris, Brussels and its antenna in our Montreal office.

Any new requests and correspondence should now be sent to the Directorate of Immigration Economic - International Service Western Europe, sub-Saharan Africa and the Maghreb, in Montreal at the following address:
285, rue Notre-Dame West, 4th Floor
Montreal (Quebec) H2X 1T8
CANADA

The Department wishes to assure its customers of its commitment to continue, always with the same care, treatment records from the Western Europe, Israel, and sub-Saharan Africa. When necessary, selection interviews conducted by the Department with candidates on immigration from the Western Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa will be performed in the spaces provided for this purpose in the territories concerned.

No change for other immigration categories

This change will have no effect on the records of the family class as treatment records for all territories on all continents entirely by mail for several years, from the Montreal office.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/actualite2.html

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
These are my observations.

BEFORE 6TH OF DECEMBER,2011,
- Incomplete application could be submitted and a file will still be created,
- Incomplete documentation could still be submitted and they would create a file for you and ask you later to update your file or present them during interview,
- Language test result could come in form of language test results,school attestation,writing a cover letter in that regard that you know the language and wants to claim point for the level that you have chosen
- Applications were not returned at all even if not complete.
- Acknowledgement of receipt are presented very fast
- Interviews rate were very high.
- Rules were modified every 3 years

AFTER 6TH OF DECEMBER,2011
-To claim points for language,you must submit only a language test result
-Delays in receiving Acknowledgement of receipt
- Less decisions have been made,no waiver no interview-at least 98 percent of people that i know
-Several rules have been introduced.
- For nearly 8 months,nothing new has been heard or put as a rule
- Return of incomplete applications,meaning all accepted applications are complete and eligible.
and more.....
- submission of document checklist to ensure that you have include everything.

What do we make out of all these.

Well,i feel that there will be minimal interview,faster processing after 31st,march,2013suspension of the scheme for a while etc....
i

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
These are my observations.

BEFORE 6TH OF DECEMBER,2011,
- Incomplete application could be submitted and a file will still be created,
- Incomplete documentation could still be submitted and they would create a file for you and ask you later to update your file or present them during interview,
- Language test result could come in form of language test results,school attestation,writing a cover letter in that regard that you know the language and wants to claim point for the level that you have chosen
- Applications were not returned at all even if not complete.
- Acknowledgement of receipt are presented very fast
- Interviews rate were very high.
- Rules were modified every 3 years

AFTER 6TH OF DECEMBER,2011
-To claim points for language,you must submit only a language test result
-Delays in receiving Acknowledgement of receipt
- Less decisions have been made,no waiver no interview-at least 98 percent of people that i know
-Several rules have been introduced.
- For nearly 8 months,nothing new has been heard or put as a rule
- Return of incomplete applications,meaning all accepted applications are complete and eligible.
and more.....
- submission of document checklist to ensure that you have include everything.
- moving all CONTINENTAL OFFICES TO MONTREAL

What do we make out of all these.

Well,i feel that there will be minimal interview,faster processing after 31st,march,2013suspension of the scheme for a while etc....
i

stowe

Feb 24, 2013
Hello Gentle Andrew,
I am also a prospective applicant from Nigeria, I have problems knowing the exact immigration office to submit the CSQ application to due to the conflicting information on the website. I will be grateful if anyone who has submitted give me the correct address to submit to. I will also be grateful if Gentle Andrew can give me his e-mail address for further guidance and inquiries. Mine is mailakintayo@yahoo.com Thank you.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The correct address to send it to is:Direction de l'mmigration économique-International,Service aux gens d'affaires,285,rue Notre-Dame Ouest,4e étage,Montréal(Quebec) H2Y 1T8,Canada.

stowe

Feb 24, 2013
Hello Gentle Andrew,
I sent a request to you to give me your e-mail address or mobile number so you can help clarify some issues. I am still waiting to hear from you as I will need your help and the submission deadline is so close. I will be grateful if you can tell me the address of the Quebec Immigration office to send my application to as an applicant from Nigeria. The information on their site is really conflicting. my e-mail is mailakintayo@yahoo.com. Thank you.

stowe

Feb 24, 2013
Thank you so much, I have mailed you, I will be grateful if i can get your mobile number.

Warm regards,
mailakintayo@yahoo.com

oge

Jan 4, 2013
Please, can someone tell me the deadline for the Quebec Immigration for skill workers application submssion for 2013. I just started.

Thank you.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
@Andrew,

Have you abandoned this thread?
By the way,
Où avez-vous appris le français:
Votre résultat de Tefaq B2 est très bon!!
Bon chance avec votre candidature