+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn Baby PR

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Hi,

Myself and my wife got Canada PR and we have completed short landing last year. Now, we have blessed with a baby and she is born outside Canada. I am migrating to Toronto next week and planning to look out for jobs, later my wife and baby will join. What is the procedure to apply PR for my baby.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Myself and my wife got Canada PR and we have completed short landing last year. Now, we have blessed with a baby and she is born outside Canada. I am migrating to Toronto next week and planning to look out for jobs, later my wife and baby will join. What is the procedure to apply PR for my baby.
You must sponsor them Outland while you are in Canada. It will take around 5-10 months. All information is available online. You can attempt to get a TRV for your child and if denied a TRP. If granted your child will not have access to healthcare. They still need to go through 3 month waiting period after AIP. You and your wife will have to apply once in Canada and go through the wait period. You must remain in Canada during the sponsorship. Vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be tolerated.

Reactions: sat_cse28

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
You must sponsor them Outland while you are in Canada. It will take around 5-10 months. All information is available online. You can attempt to get a TRV for your child and if denied a TRP. If granted your child will not have access to healthcare. They still need to go through 3 month waiting period after AIP. You and your wife will have to apply once in Canada and go through the wait period. You must remain in Canada during the sponsorship. Vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be tolerated.
Thanks for your information. To sponsor our baby do both Dad/Mom need to be physically present in Canada or either will do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your information. To sponsor our baby do both Dad/Mom need to be physically present in Canada or either will do.
Just one needs to be present in Canada. It can be either parent.

Reactions: sat_cse28

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
Thanks for your information. After how many days of staying in Canada, can a parent apply Sponsorship for the baby. How much lead time for the application to process.