Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
My friend who filled visa 5 days back received call from his representative saying that on March 4th new guideline has been announced where people with D.O.B 1988 or less are not eligible to apply under SPP. Any information anyone?

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Please do! It will be a great help I am trying to find it but it seems like it's not true. God knows!

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucasp said:
Please do! It will be a great help I am trying to find it but it seems like it's not true. God knows!
Ok, sometimes you have to read between the lines. What I was saying, without spelling it out was the following:

Insert Quote
I would check that with my local CHC, if I were you.

That means YOU should check it with your local CHC. Why do I need to do the work for you?

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
I am going to do that anyhow my friend. I asked because I thought may be someone will know about this on this forum and it was a simple question. so you need to answer it simply. I don't understand why people want others to understand what they want to say, when there is a way to make it simple. I hope you read between the lines too. Anyways thank you my friend I will do my job and you take care. Good day to you

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
I don't understand sarcasm and that goes for you as well.

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
lucasp said:

Haha, you should join politics , specially dirty indian politics. As you do not even like to make a call for yourself. BEware, buddy ,, life in canada is too hard to survive.. you better think twice....
Sorry itstime.. We indian people are laziest breed...

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
itstime said:
I would check that with your local CHC.
this statement means in simple english that the person "I" is going to check with OP's local CHC. In north america this means to suggest someone to check with local CHC "itstime" is a pretentious judgmental jackass who think everyone understands north american vernacular. OP got confused as he is not from north America and in straight forward english he thought itstime was helping out.

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Jesus! It was a simple questions friends I don't know what is wrong with people on this forum. I agree some of you are in Canada somehow but that doesn't mean everyone else is fool. Grow up! you are no more in India. understand if someone is asking something he might have tried checking his own resources and then asked it on this forum. I don't want to get into this conversation but everyone is not smart like you my friend so stop making such comments and do something good for yourself. Take care guys and I am sorry I asked something on this forum again. Disappointing!

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
@Unclesamy

Thank you. I hope these guys can understand this and try to be more clear to new members on this forum seeking help.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unclesamy said:
this statement means in simple english that the person "I" is going to check with OP's local CHC. In north america this means to suggest someone to check with local CHC "itstime" is a pretentious judgmental jackass who think everyone understands north american vernacular. OP got confused as he is not from north America and in straight forward english he thought itstime was helping out.
Actually, "would" is not a firm "should". When you see "would" you should think there is an unspoken underlying "maybe" or "probably" attached.

I did make the error of not writing out the full sentence, which I mentioned in my followup post. However, it's a simple very common idiom that is not North American specific. You will find it in the general english language (be it British, South African, Australian, Canadian, American, etc) and exist in most languages.

I tend to agree with vipsv that life in Canada is hard. I see a lot of people on here who think that a lower margin IELTS score (or below) and under 60% in grades is going to get them a life in Canada. They are sadly mistaken as they are setting themselves up for a massive failure and disappointment.

My mistake in this thread was that I didn't write out the full sentence. lucasp's mistake was taking for granted that I, sitting in Canada, was going to call his local CHC in India and enquire if what he had heard was true. Really?

Unclesamy's mistake is not reading my signature, which is found at the bottom of each of my posts, and calling me a jackass, which is a male gender specific word. Unclesamy has basically assumed my gender and as my signature line says: if you assume incorrectly it only makes an ass out of U not me.

lucasp, I hope you got your answer from CHC and now know have what you heard either confirmed or denied.

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
@ itstime

My friend I know how hard it's in Canada and how hard it's in India or in any other country I would say not everyone is born perfect or not everyone is similar. I am happy that you guys know so much about language and advise others about "hard" life in Canada. I would say don't judge anyone you don't know.

I didn't get my answer from local CHC.

When I asked you to make call I didn't read your comment carefully and that was my mistake I mistakenly read " I would check with local CHC" and I thought you will check with your local CHC, that created confusion, my mistake.However, I would like to suggest whenever you write on these kind of forums try to be as simple as you can because not everyone on these forums are smart like you and have such an exceptional knowledge about English language and I guess reason you follow this forum or any forum on Internet is to get knowledge and to help other seeking help, so better to write something that even fools like me can understand rather then showing your proficiency in language. It's good that you know everything in this world use it to help. I hope you get it

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
not sure my friend I've just heard this and now I think it's not true as I can't find any information like such. It says people over the age of 26 can't apply under SPP. Candidates born in or after 1988 can only apply under SPP and this is what happened with one of my friends who filled Visa and received call from representative saying this is the problem in his profile, now I am not sure why his consultant says this. If there are some changes like he said or whatever. I am trying to find out with CHC, I'll post if I get any information.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucasp said:
When I asked you to make call I didn't read your comment carefully and that was my mistake I mistakenly read " I would check with local CHC" and I thought you will check with your local CHC, that created confusion, my mistake.
Nope. That was my mistake for not writing a complete sentence. My COMM teacher is constantly bashing me for writing fragmented sentences.

However, I would like to suggest whenever you write on these kind of forums try to be as simple as you can because not everyone on these forums are smart like you and have such an exceptional knowledge about English language
A heads up. I grew up with the language. I can honestly not tell which was my first language as I could read, write and speak in three languages when I was very young. I aced English in my birth country. I used to teach english. In my COMM class first semester, I cried when assignments were returned and marked as I was getting as low as 40% on some I thought I'd at least get 65%. I was getting 60% on those I thought I'd get at least 80 or even 90%. I signed up for tutoring and went every week, religiously. My international advisor was stumped when she looked at my grades asking me what happened. I walked in to the end of semester exam knowing that I had passed as my current standing was 54%. Trust me, knowing you had 54% when normally would have 100%, it was hard. I could be put on probation if I had another course below 60%. I could fail my program. I managed to scrape together and raise my COMM mark quite considerably and am now above 70% during my second semester.

I'm telling this because it is much harder than you think. START NOW! Don't wait until you are here. START NOW! Start making a habit of writing properly and not use text speak (what not wht, that not dat, you not u and so on).

Good luck on you.

Also, check http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/index.aspx?lang=eng for the rumor and see if it's there. But still call and ask.

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Thank you so much I'll check with them first thing tomorrow morning. I know I have to work hard on COMM, specially writing skills to be better and trust me I do my best to improve. I have been talking to Canadians and Americans for long time now I have been in such kind of profession since I started working but I agree when you plan to study, you need to work on writing, reading, listening and speaking, all of them. I'll make sure I work hard and I am positive. Once, I get chance to be there I'll get all this very quick, at least that's what I know. I am sure it's going to be hard but what is not hard? somehow we all face hard time and we all find our way out I'll also get it I am confident.

What I've been taught is to make it simple for readers, for me language is "that people can understand", that doesn't matter how better you know language it's no use if someone don't understand this, we meet different people and it's important to deal with everyone the best you can. It's good to know you though. Take care my friend