Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
So, what about students who still passed their courses while working 70-80 hours per week, is it ok? because they studied and worked plus gained success through semester.
With the student working 70-80hrs/week plus studying time, does the student still have time to eat and sleep?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Bro, just asking legit question no other type of dilemma
Just reply with yes or no please
Sorry, not sure how anybody could answer your question with a yes or no without understanding the situation. If you can do it, then good for you.

Good luck!

sndhu_0001

Dec 8, 2023
Sorry, not sure how anybody could answer your question with a yes or no without understanding the situation. If you can do it, then good for you.

Good luck!
Yeah I am asking for myself, I am ok with it, am I eligible to work more than 40 in a legal way possible?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yeah I am asking for myself, I am ok with it, am I eligible to work more than 40 in a legal way possible?
There's a lot of talk about "fake" students. Me and others talk a lot about negative generalizations on this forum and when you work 70-80 hours, you discourage us from stopping these generalizations. If someone is working 70-80 hours a week, they are not a student. There are implications of this stupidity/selfishness/greed that many other immigrants are going to reap for years to come.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
There's a lot of talk about "fake" students. Me and others talk a lot about negative generalizations on this forum and when you work 70-80 hours, you discourage us from spreading these generalizations. If someone is working 70-80 hours a week, they are not a student. There are implications of this stupidity/selfishness/greed that many other immigrants are going to reap for years to come.
If someone works 80 hours a week, he/she is not a student but a worker that studies on the side with his/her spare time.
Well, unless he is sleeping and eating and studying during his work hours which means his employer is being ripped off and this position is not really needed.

aman.1304

Apr 9, 2018
india
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LUDHIANA
NOC Code......
2172 ; 2171
I landed on dec-1-2024, Am I eligible to work along with my studies, I will have classes for 4 days a week. if yes how many hours legally I can do? Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I landed on dec-1-2024, Am I eligible to work along with my studies, I will have classes for 4 days a week. if yes how many hours legally I can do? Thank you
Read the link. You can read if eligible. Assume you studies have started and you are going to school.

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Less than 5% in Canada are not "fake" students. Diploma mills issue 95% of all visas right now. The whole program was designed to make more money out of hopefuls. And don't fall for the "right step" narrative, if it weren't for the taking positions in the polls, Liberals wouldn't have done anything. It isn't like they didn't knew something was wrong from years and years, they kept quiet as long as people were quiet.
I agree with what you're saying, but maintain that this step, along with other measures such as having DLIs and shutting down private diploma mills, is an improvement on the status quo and will deter "fake" students and more realistically prepare genuine ones. I don't really want to get into the politics of it and their reasons for doing so (although I also agree with you on this too).

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Less than 5% in Canada are not "fake" students. Diploma mills issue 95% of all visas right now. The whole program was designed to make more money out of hopefuls. And don't fall for the "right step" narrative, if it weren't for the taking positions in the polls, Liberals wouldn't have done anything. It isn't like they didn't knew something was wrong from years and years, they kept quiet as long as people were quiet.
95% of visas are not diploma mills. Believe 40% of permits are for universities which tend to be mostly genuine students. Colleges are the true issues. The reason the changes were likely made were purely due to housing and not the Liberals and the polls. The levels have also continued to increase but levels were somewhat hidden because students could study from their home country during Covid. In the past year now that students have come to Canada we are feeling the true levels of study permits which has coincided with inflation, higher interest rates, etc. The videos telling people to go to foodbanks to save on your groceries only made the issues even worse and drew a lot more attention to the issue. Many of the issues are actually provincial and due ti licensing of colleges. Many colleges that are degree mills are regulated by provincial goverments so federal government can only do some much. Quebec closed down some colleges at least temporarily a few years ago but places like Ontario have to also shut down many colleges and reverse the private school public school partnership that was only recently allowed. We are only catching up to the same level of POF as Australia and the UK which people in the sector have been calling for for quite a while.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does the amount of funds also somehow concern the dependants a student shall bring?
It was 4K per head per year.
If I remember correctly the 4K is only for Quebec and there are not fixed guidelines for spouses in other provinces. The income requirement is usually dependent on the region and families of international students are not guaranteed permits or visas. I have seen many couples be denied for a lot more than and extra 4K.