Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
It says the interruption of services is effective immediately at some locations,

others are doing info picketing which also would cause a slight delay in process.

That's what I get from the article anyways

here is the link

http://cnw.ca/lbj8

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
samaseemo said:
more bad news :(
your telling me
we were suppose to get our passport back this week from Mexico city, and now we wont because of the "information picketing"
:(

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
samaseemo said:
its just getting worse and worse.. i doubt anybody cares if our applications get delayed.
I agree, it seems no one really cares. its so frustrating
I don't know why this isn't being brought to the attention of our local media in Canada. If they want change, it needs to be brought into the publics eye to put pressure on and allow people that are being effected by it to know exactly whats going on.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
samaseemo said:
its just getting worse and worse.. i doubt anybody cares if our applications get delayed.
Thousands of people on this forum care!

I'm kind of torn... I want the Foreign Service union to end the strike ASAP but am not convinced the Treasury Board should give in to their demands... they're complaining about making less than other gov't employees but their salary range is already $58,055 - $112,512. And that's for non-executives!!! Many Canadians would be in heaven with that much money. And in many countries the cost of living is quite low so think about how much further that goes...

Source: Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/05/canada-foreign-service-job-action-diplomats_n_3022131.html

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but my head is spinning right now. So, for example, does this mean that there could possibly be a hold up at CPP-Ottawa as far as processing? I ask because we were part of the delay with Buffalo closing and we got our PPR May 14th so I'm happily and hopefully thinking our COPR could come any day now. To be part of another delay that is outside of our control is just disheartening. Thanks for any help!

Aldagr813

Jan 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow.... :eek: Is that highlighting that London (UK) Immigration section is going to stop all activities till this issue is resolved??? Why only LONDON, what about the rest of the world. That's still unfair. :(

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
muffy1 said:
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but my head is spinning right now. So, for example, does this mean that there could possibly be a hold up at CPP-Ottawa as far as processing? I ask because we were part of the delay with Buffalo closing and we got our PPR May 14th so I'm happily and hopefully thinking our COPR could come any day now. To be part of another delay that is outside of our control is just disheartening. Thanks for any help!
I believe it could

we got our ppr may 7, and the mexico embassy which is in sense doing the same thing as Ottawa, has had our passport since may 9 and we still have no got it returned with our visa in it, so im feeling the delay from mexico city already, when most people get the passport returned in less than 2 weeks. :(

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Aldagr813 said:
Wow.... :eek: Is that highlighting that London (UK) Immigration section is going to stop all activities till this issue is resolved??? Why only LONDON, what about the rest of the world. That's still unfair. :(
Its not only London,
but its completely unfair

last week 4 dozen officers were told to stay home in Mexico city as well to try and get a point across.

The worst part is when we call the embassy In they tell us there is no strike and everything is going as usual. :-\

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
I think the foreign services union is expecting people like us to get fired up and complain to the Treasury Board so they will get their pay increases. But this makes me really angry because they are essentially holding our relationships for ransom. GO BACK TO WORK! No one cares that you get a few thousand dollars less than other government employees when the rest of the country makes a lot less!

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
bttmntl said:
I think the foreign services union is expecting people like us to get fired up and complain to the Treasury Board so they will get their pay increases. But this makes me really angry because they are essentially holding our relationships for ransom. GO BACK TO WORK! No one cares that you get a few thousand dollars less than other government employees when the rest of the country makes a lot less!
I couldn't disagree with you more.

They are employees of the government of Canada. They deserve equal pay for equal work. There are not two categories of employees. They leave job prospects in Canada to work for YOU abroad and you think we should shaft them??

It's time for the treasury board to step up. They have been without a contract for TWO years.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
costaudjoe said:
I couldn't disagree with you more.

They are employees of the government of Canada. They deserve equal pay for equal work. There are not two categories of employees. They leave job prospects in Canada to work for YOU abroad and you think we should shaft them??

It's time for the treasury board to step up. They have been without a contract for TWO years.
I've been without my LOVER for two years and can't empathize with that.

Aldagr813

Jan 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you guys think this might be the reason for slow processing in other consulates...Mine is in queue at London :mad: :mad: :mad:...but I know some of my friends are going through the New Delhi Consulate and have submitted their passports for about 3 months without any news. As a matter of fact, based on the New Delhi Google stats only 1 person got their passport back in 2013.

What about other consulate guys??? :mad:

And WHY only LONDON was highlighted on an International perspective?? Are the rest of the employees around the world satisfied with their Pay??? If you want to create a commotion then all the major consulates should strike at the same time. Then they would resolve everything within weeks for everyone.

I don't have anything against the rest of you guys...I am still hoping that ALL ours gets processed as soon as possible and we can reunite with our loved ones here. Here's to hoping for the best :(

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
bttmntl said:
I've been without my LOVER for two years and can't empathize with that.
They have only started putting on pressure tactics two months ago.