+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR Card might be lost in the mail

elisun

May 11, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some insights on what you would do if you were in my situation, or if you have already experienced this in the past few days.

I haven't received my New/first-time PR Card by mail and I have waited over 8 weeks (or 60 days) for it to arrive.

I arrived/landed in Canada on March 8th 2020 and got my CoPR signed and approved, was congratulated by the immigration officer and everything good. I want to add that the new PR Card processing times were 13 days as of March 8, 2020. The officer also told me to contact Immigration Services if my card hadn't arrived in the mail in 3 weeks.

I'm debating on whether to consider it lost due to the obvious current world situation and all the delays happening with Canada Post. It makes it so much more confusing to everyone since the PR Card mail envelopes don't have any sort of tracking or a way to know when it was mailed (if it even has been mailed).

I'm also very confused on when it is acceptable to consider it lost since I've had mixed messages from the website. It's either 6 weeks after landing, 6 weeks AFTER the processing times when landing (which would have been 13 days+6 weeks = around 8 weeks) or 180 days:
Would you consider it lost? I have tried contacting them but the answer email was an automatic response in relation to applying for a PR the first time (which isn't my case, I already applied and went through the whole process and have a signed CoPR). I'm trying to contact them again with a clearer question but wanted to check what other would do!

hawaii78

Jan 5, 2020
Canada Post lost my friend's PR card.
IRCC told him to wait for 8 week (or 4 week ),then He can ask to send a new card again.
Now he got a new PR card.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Have you linked your PR application to your IRCC account? It would give you some insight as to whether your PR card application was approved and sent or still just submitted.

I think it most likely has just not bee approved yet, because most of us have not received it, and there are a lot of people with your timeline who have not received theirs yet.

Check this thread to compare and contrast your timeline:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/page-915

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You can always raise a webform to find the status of your PR card. They will tell if if they mailed it or its in processing

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some insights on what you would do if you were in my situation, or if you have already experienced this in the past few days.

I haven't received my New/first-time PR Card by mail and I have waited over 8 weeks (or 60 days) for it to arrive.

I arrived/landed in Canada on March 8th 2020 and got my CoPR signed and approved, was congratulated by the immigration officer and everything good. I want to add that the new PR Card processing times were 13 days as of March 8, 2020. The officer also told me to contact Immigration Services if my card hadn't arrived in the mail in 3 weeks.

I'm debating on whether to consider it lost due to the obvious current world situation and all the delays happening with Canada Post. It makes it so much more confusing to everyone since the PR Card mail envelopes don't have any sort of tracking or a way to know when it was mailed (if it even has been mailed).

I'm also very confused on when it is acceptable to consider it lost since I've had mixed messages from the website. It's either 6 weeks after landing, 6 weeks AFTER the processing times when landing (which would have been 13 days+6 weeks = around 8 weeks) or 180 days:
Would you consider it lost? I have tried contacting them but the answer email was an automatic response in relation to applying for a PR the first time (which isn't my case, I already applied and went through the whole process and have a signed CoPR). I'm trying to contact them again with a clearer question but wanted to check what other would do!
It likely hasn't even been printed yet, let alone mailed out and lost. If you search the forum, there are numerous threads regarding people who have landed in the past few months who haven't received cards yet. IRCC has clearly stated that posted processing times no longer apply due to the pandemic.

elisun

May 11, 2018
Update: After 130 days of waiting due to the uncertainty of the status of processing times during COVID, I decided to send my solemn declaration stating that I never received it (I didn’t want to wait the 180 days they told me through their Twitter).

I received my PR Card in the mail 3 days after sending the declaration!

novanova

May 1, 2020
Update: After 130 days of waiting due to the uncertainty of the status of processing times during COVID, I decided to send my solemn declaration stating that I never received it (I didn’t want to wait the 180 days they told me through their Twitter).

I received my PR Card in the mail 3 days after sending the declaration!
Hello, I'm in the situation. May I ask how did you send your solemn declaration (by fax/mail?) and did you get any notification that your request was approved before you received the new card (any update in the system)? Thank you!

elisun

May 11, 2018
Hello, I'm in the situation. May I ask how did you send your solemn declaration (by fax/mail?) and did you get any notification that your request was approved before you received the new card (any update in the system)? Thank you!
i didn’t really get any notifications. I just had my CoPR and that was it. I mailed my solemn declaration and didn’t hear anything back at all, I just received the card a few days later!

AR88

Aug 31, 2020
Hi. I am in the same situation. Me and my husband have not received our PR card yet. We landed on March 5. Should we send 2 individual solemn declaration forms one with his name and one with mine ? Our uci will be same as I was dependent. Anything else to take care while filling solem declaration form? Your help will be highly appreciated.

AR88

Aug 31, 2020
i didn’t really get any notifications. I just had my CoPR and that was it. I mailed my solemn declaration and didn’t hear anything back at all, I just received the card a few days later!
Hi. Can you please tell me if we can mail / fax solem declaration from India ?

olufisayo77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Have you linked your PR application to your IRCC account? It would give you some insight as to whether your PR card application was approved and sent or still just submitted.

I think it most likely has just not bee approved yet, because most of us have not received it, and there are a lot of people with your timeline who have not received theirs yet.

Check this thread to compare and contrast your timeline:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/page-915
Please do you have your pr card pls what is the timeline and duration like waiting for like 2 months now. Liked to my account showing submitted alone. What next pls