+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
I meet all the requirements for this new program. Graduated with a masters degree and have been working for a couple of months on my PGWP. I already submitted my FSW application in Nov 2020. Do I need to apply to this or just wait for that old application to be processed?

farzadd

Sep 26, 2018
I meet all the requirements for this new program. Graduated with a masters degree and have been working for a couple of months on my PGWP. I already submitted my FSW application in Nov 2020. Do I need to apply to this or just wait for that old application to be processed?
So you’ve already received an invitation to apply and submitted your application? Then why would you apply for this? Just wait and you’ll get your PR within 6 months.

Reactions: rambag98

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
I am so angry with myself my immigration lawyer advised me to book ielts for end of June and I did so, I got it for 26th of June, I booked it like 2 months ago. Do you guys think I even have a chance to get in? I mean I would get results back on 10th of July. But I dont get it why did they put cut off on the 5th of November. If 40.000 spots are opened and if they fill in already in lets say 5 days, whats the point of it all?
I don't really know how many are eligible, the closest to a number we have is the PGWP eligible for extension policy where around 50,000 were eligible.. I would assume many are in the same boat as you? just try to do it ASAP and hope for the best.. no one knows if it closes in 5 days.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Thank you for your response. Since this new policy will be valid from May to November, I will probably wait for June to complete my 1 year skilled work experience (i am actually employed for almost 2 years but my previous position was falling under noc C ) and apply that way just to make sure. Is the application process for this going to be on a separate site rather than creating EE profile, or it will be from the same place ?
I am really unsure :( they have no released more details yet. But if I were to guess, it would be a separate site, since the announcement says " 6 new programs"

mkelleci

Mar 24, 2018
Istanbul
Hi guys, I know there is not much detail available yet but still what are your opinions about this: I have an independent contractor contract with a company where I work project-based (hourly) do you think that will cover employment criteria. Independent contractor sounds like I am self-employed and they don't accept self-employment.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Hi guys, I know there is not much detail available yet but still what are your opinions about this: I have an independent contractor contract with a company where I work project-based (hourly) do you think that will cover employment criteria. Independent contractor sounds like I am self-employed and they don't accept self-employment.
I feel the wording is a little vague for us to know for sure :/ let's hope more details come out soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my question is can you apply for this program when you already submitted an application through Express Entry?
What do you mean by that? Have you received ITA and submitted your application? Or are you in the EE pool waiting for ITA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah i got my ITA and i already submitted my documents.
In that case I do not think you will be able to apply through this program. That is just my opinion and we'll need to wait for further details.

Reactions: rambag98

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for the new pathway for graduates. I am trying to book an IELTS exam, but the websites are down. I appreciate if you help me.

Thanks

barefoot00

Apr 15, 2021
Hey,
I have a valid IELTS but don't have my score sheet. For other programs, do you need to upload a scan of your score sheet or can you just enter the reference number for them to check against the IELTS database?
Thanks

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Yeah been trying to book a test since 4pm today. Luckily was able to book for the ielts on 24th just now but since it takes about 2 weeks for the result to be out, I was bit worried of getting the result after may 6th and the slots would fill up before then. Can't even load celpip website right now:(.

This seem to be such a great opportunity and I hope I don't mess it up simply cause of language test
could you please tell me where you have booked your exam? British Council or idp? from which website? from yesterday afternoon websites are down, could you please share the link to book?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Just wait, there's no reason to expect this one would be processed faster than yours.

MJM1994

Apr 15, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have a quick question regarding the new pathway for permanent residency for international graduates and would appreciate it if someone could share his/her information about it.

I graduated with MSc in engineering in Feb 2020 from UCalgary and right after, in May 2020 started my PhD studies at the same university. I have never applied for a post-graduate work permit and currently, I am holding a study permit. I was wondering whether I am eligible for this new stream or not.

Thanks in advance for your reply and thoughts on this,

Last edited: