+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi Visa Office - Applicants - FSW: 2009

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well as per other posts in the forum, it is the discretion of the visa officer whether they consider distance education or not.
I dont know where you did your graduation from, and if the visa officer considered it favorably.
Thats why I asked about the points..as you just have the borderline points. Still hope you get through..

ARK said:
education 21 points. [graduate with 16 years of full time education]
Work 17 points 3 years of work experience
spouse 4 points [graduate]
IELTS band 8 16 points
Age 27 years 10 points.
Total is 68 points.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ARK said:
friends i need your help.Today i see an update from CHC that the Visa office eligibility review complete and i when i click on the link it still says that

Your application and supporting documents were received by the New Delhi office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the New Delhi office on November 12, 2009. The New Delhi office may contact you.

Am really confused.. Please help me clarifying the doubt wether its reject or it takes time to change to INPROCESS....
Please help me

Rocky Nvr guys any suggestions
Well it is indeed a one to cause worry. As per the pattern of London CIC mostly all the Visa office review complete status has been given rejection but as per the technical process it means more documentation is required and they have sent you a letter. Well as asked by other members can you state your points calculation in detail and education detail so that I can tell you how strong or weak your case may be.

binny8

Jan 5, 2010
binny8 said:
hopefully the status will change on tuesday....
medical ka intazaar karte karte bemaar hi na ho jayen....
today i received call from my consultant that my medical has come, it was posted from chc delhi on 23rd jan.

it is a big relief , my understanding of the situation - that my background checks specially work related are complete and after medical only security related checks will be done... is it right or the situation is different.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ARK said:
education 21 points. [graduate with 16 years of full time education]
Work 17 points 3 years of work experience
spouse 4 points [graduate]
IELTS band 8 16 points
Age 27 years 10 points.
Total is 68 points.
For education it will either be 20 or 22 points.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binny8 said:
today i received call from my consultant that my medical has come, it was posted from chc delhi on 23rd jan.

it is a big relief , my understanding of the situation - that my background checks specially work related are complete and after medical only security related checks will be done... is it right or the situation is different.
Back ground checks clear and security checks are on until visa issued

binny8

Jan 5, 2010
rocky272727 said:
Back ground checks clear and security checks are on until visa issued
my main concern was background checks, security check should not be a problem....
how much time it takes for ppr to come after giving medical...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binny8 said:
my main concern was background checks, security check should not be a problem....
how much time it takes for ppr to come after giving medical...
4-8 weeks.

ARK

Star Member
Jun 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am still not sure if its a 100% rejection since i have sent all the relevant documents and re-calculated the points and its coming around 68-69... but may be i am rejected as i am just at the border..... I may be wrong because my perspective of calculating might be completely different from the IO's calculating system..... am totally confused are there any chances that it might take time to have an update to in process or its over.... ??? ??? ??? ???

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ARK said:
i am still not sure if its a 100% rejection since i have sent all the relevant documents and re-calculated the points and its coming around 68-69... but may be i am rejected as i am just at the border..... I may be wrong because my perspective of calculating might be completely different from the IO's calculating system..... am totally confused are there any chances that it might take time to have an update to in process or its over.... ??? ??? ??? ???
ARK I can understand the concern for worry. Just wait for the next update and see if it changes to In Process. See the New Delhi visa office has different working style and London has different so maybe New Delhi might have sent you letter asking for more documents. I wish you get a positive communication.

ARK

Star Member
Jun 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks rocky lets see how it goes... am prepared to face the rejection as well. Will prepare to start from scratch as of now i can claim 4 years of experience and more chance of getting through let me hope for the best.... :)

lifeincanada

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binny8 said:

Congrats Binny8. It is good news for all of us to find that CHC, ND is working in our case. I should mention that my medical and PPR came at the same time. I hope you also have to submit all your passports along with the medicals. Can you confirm from your consultant about it. Usually they will just tell you about the medicals as they don't read all the papers that CHC, ND has sent to you.

-cheers

sahej_kapoor

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
After reading several of the recent posts I would like to input soe of my experiences while working on such cases.

First of All, private education as long as is offered by institutions accredited and qualified to offer education in the country of question is considerable as per IRPA, Immigration and Refugee protection Act.

Secondly, medicals does not gurantee visa, it is only an assumption that background checks are done before medicals, but no one knows for sure or do we? Thirdly even after medicals you can be refused. ( It has happended with a lot of our clients)

Though reasons have to be very substantiative. Also I should let you all know that while the medicals are in process the review on the file is not complete and the decision is still pending.
For skilled worker cases under the list, a lot of documentation to support your occupation is required of course because in India anything is possible. I could site a few examples of our cases, but that is not legal to mention here. So In a nutshell, please do not consider medicals as the last stage. Visa officer has the right to refuse the application on any account he deems is vital

On the other hand in 85% of the cases, the medicals are issued for good.

Please do not get depressed after reading the post, it is only informational and I am sure everything here will get their visas soon.

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Impressed about your positive spirit..I firmly believe that +ve thinking brings +ve energy flow around us and good things happen.
We hope that the IO sends a letter for further documents..Cheers

ARK said:
thanks rocky lets see how it goes... am prepared to face the rejection as well. Will prepare to start from scratch as of now i can claim 4 years of experience and more chance of getting through let me hope for the best.... :)

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
@ rocky

in your case as employer verification is under process or some part is already done.

could you please let us know about the employer verification process and questions?

1) Mode of verification on the phone or email.
2) what were typical questions they asked in verification.

This will help all of us who are waiting for employer verification to happen.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
nvr said:
Well as per other posts in the forum, it is the discretion of the visa officer whether they consider distance education or not.
I dont know where you did your graduation from, and if the visa officer considered it favorably.
Thats why I asked about the points..as you just have the borderline points. Still hope you get through..
Here is some description on distance learning from op6 doc:

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor’s degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.