waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
hello frenz...
can anybody tell me if Tax Saving Fixed Deposits are considered as proof of funds.......i mean can i count dem in minimum funds required???????

PlS ADVISE...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reet said:
hello frenz...
can anybody tell me if Tax Saving Fixed Deposits are considered as proof of funds.......i mean can i count dem in minimum funds required???????

PlS ADVISE...
Which Local Visa office have you opted ?

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
initial application to NS-2nd Nov.
Doc's Request.
14th Jan..docs sent to CHC 29th Jan.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
rocky272727 said:
Which Local Visa office have you opted ?
thanx 4 ur reply..I'm going 2 apply to CHC New delhi...i'm sure dey dont consider shares and mutual funds..bt i'm nt sure about tax saving F.D's..cud u pls guide me..

hiamu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-09-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
1FEB2010
Med's Done....
6FEB2010
Passport Req..
1FEB2010
VISA ISSUED...
23FEB2010
LANDED..........
11JUN2010
Hi Sahej Kapoor,
You've mentioned that you've landed in June 09, Would you be kind enough to share your experience so far? Which city have you chosen? About me a dentist by profession, working as a corporate trainer.

Looking forward for your interaction,
Cheers,
Hiamu

sahej_kapoor

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
hiamu said:
Hi Sahej Kapoor,
You've mentioned that you've landed in June 09, Would you be kind enough to share your experience so far? Which city have you chosen? About me a dentist by profession, working as a corporate trainer.

Cheers,
Hiamu
Hi Hiamu,

I first came to Canada in 2004 as an International student and then completed my studies and went back to India to live there for a year. In the meantime I applied for the PR status and I was lucky enought to get it in a year and I landed as immigrant in september 2007.

My opinion about Canada is mixed. As a student life is all good and merry. You are not actually taking any responsibility except for studies, but as soon as you are in the job market you are hit with the bomb.
Right now I am working with an immigration consultant in Vancouver. My first job was at a technology store as a cashier, I could not believe myself, an MBA from a Canadian University working as a cashier for minimum wages. Well, we had to survive, pay bills so anything was ok.
Then I moved on to a call center then tried really hard to get into banking and managed to get a job in a good bank as CSR. But again I felt there was some discrimination, hidden but yes it was there.
Since beginning I had wanted to pursue a career in immigration, so finally I applied for this job some year and a half ago and I was lucky to get it. My boss is an Indian and he owns one of the oldest and successful immigration consultancies in Vancouver (I will not mention the name). We work like a family here and it actually feels really nice to be able to help people and process their cases. I think my personal experience has helped me bring success to a lot of other people’s lives and when I feel like I am a part of someone’s dream coming true, it really makes me feel proud.

Well, this was about me. Frankly speaking about Canada, it is hard to come and settle here in a whole new country with a fresh start. My advise to all is DO NOT HAVE ANY EXPECTATIOS. Do not expect to find a job first of all (considering the economy), if you do, do not expect it to be in your own field. Some people may just get lucky but another truth is Try really hard to enhance yourself as per the regulations and requirements of this country. Do not try to adjust but rather adapt to the customs and life and I believe that you will do just fine.

People on the western Canada are very hospitable, I have heard that people from the east are a little harsh comparatively but again I cannot say if this right. My experience in Toronto was neutral. I think life there is really fast and people do not have time for each other expect for their social circle. Again same thing is in all big cities, even in India too, right?

Canada is really beautiful, especially Vancouver, the world’s most livable city and surrounded with beauty everywhere. Toronto is more like Delhi, plains while Vancouver is more of a mountain region. What is strange is even though Toronto is flat area it gets more snow and is colder in winters like -30, but Vancouver hardly gets below -3. This year not even a week’s snow in Vancouver while eastern Canada was under snow piles.

So I think if you work hard and are ready for the challenges, you will definitely survive. A lot of our clients complain about not finding jobs matching their fields, and all we advsie them is to try and get their credentials evaluated and then just try to fix up what’s missing and make yourself better and sellable.

So the bottom line is determination will make you succeed in Canada and I wish good luck to all in this forum. I really enjoy reading it and incorporating some of the things in my work here.

Oh, BTW I had applied for my brother in law under 0111 and I had sent his application to Sydney in November, 2009. I just received his file number today.
But I am still waiting to get anything for my sister –in –law. I hope she gets her passport soon.

My opin

sahej_kapoor

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
But I should mention that Toronto is the best place if you want to find good jobs. Vancouver is not so much for working class, more of business class environment. There is no industry here in Vancouver.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
Sahej
I had landed in June 2009 as FSW
they did not mention anything about bank statement or funds while landing
All they asked was how many $ I was carrying - n I said 2000 $ roughly
thats it
I dont know if they forgot or if they didnt care
But I have some family members who have sent their passports in dec and we r waiting for them to land here by april or may
I highly doubt the necessity of traveller's cheque or cash
As even if u have a bank statement u can tell that u will transfer it online to yr new bank account in Canada after u settle
Also, if the bank is international like HSBC then u can even access yr money while in canada without any problem
But since u work in immigration firm i m sure u know better
I was just telling my experinece and putting 20 cents in it

hiamu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-09-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
1FEB2010
Med's Done....
6FEB2010
Passport Req..
1FEB2010
VISA ISSUED...
23FEB2010
LANDED..........
11JUN2010
Hi Sahej Kapoor

Well, first up- thank you so much for sharing your experience. Your words are highly motivating and helping lots of people in this forum. 'Being a part of someone's dream coming true' is really a noble cause. I wish you all the best for you & your family.

Best Wishes

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
Re: New Delhi Applicants: August 2009

rocky272727 said:
I have applied in FSW-Cat 1 and applied under NOC 0111. Sent full application to New Delhi on 12th Aug 09
Hi ,
is there any difference if anyone has appied under different catagory for eg 2 or 3. does this get affected...

ARK

Star Member
Jun 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends any updates for anybody... mine still says received by visa office and nothing after that its almost 3 weeks now...

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi hiamu

we have similar NOC and timeline...

hiamu said:
Hi Sahej Kapoor,

Cheers,
Hiamu

ARK

Star Member
Jun 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wish it would change to in process rocky am counting every hr or min to get the visa ;D...

hope to hear a good news from u ....asking for meds+PPR+RPRF. :D