Arora1990

Jun 7, 2016
@bryanna

Hello, please share ur experienc
I apllyed trv on 11may still waiting
Apllyed me n my wife
Sponsored me - my sister n bro in law pr holder n good bank balance

I m doing my business i hv own company and my wife is professor in college
Our travel history ( singhapore, dubai, thiland)
ITR for both.(4.50lak and 2.50) And bnk bal aprox. 27000$ can. Some propty
We applied for 3 weeks stay in can.
Do we hv any positive chances to get visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I cannot enroll him for master program. he has to search for the job but it will take some time so I was just thinking for applying another diploma course so that he has something to show.
Just applying/enrolling for another diploma course will not help.... he must attend classes for a few months like I suggested earlier.

You'll have to show some other strong ties apart from this

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Arora1990

It's not possible to guess your chances of getting approved without knowing the list of documents/evidence which you have submitted. Based on your post, your application seems good

Hope you and your wife get your TRVs soon

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
I do not know what other document I can show to prove his ties back home.

I can enroll him for distance learning course . will that help??

Other than admission in some institute\college what other things I can show??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
visaDelhi said:
I do not know what other document I can show to prove his ties back home.

I can enroll him for distance learning course . will that help??

Other than admission in some institute\college what other things I can show??
Distance learning will not work as a tie..... because he can be anywhere in the world for a distance learning program. So it will not help to get a TRV.

Your brother can show ties such as:
1. Property/land ownership or a lease agreement: Does he have any?

2. Financial investments: Unlikely in his case as he is dependent on your parents

3. Employment: None

4. Family ties: With your parents wanting to visit, his family ties in India are weak

5. Travel history: None

6. Study program: Reapply after a few months of studying. Only getting admission will not help for a TRV

IMO, your brother must NOT reapply for a TRV..... unless he enrolls for another diploma..... or he finds a job (and works for some months first)

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
Bryanna said:
Distance learning will not work as a tie..... because he can be anywhere in the world for a distance learning program. So it will not help to get a TRV.

Your brother can show ties such as:
1. Property/land ownership or a lease agreement: Does he have any?

2. Financial investments: Unlikely in his case as he is dependent on your parents

3. Employment: None

4. Family ties: With your parents wanting to visit, his family ties in India are weak

5. Travel history: None

6. Study program: Reapply after a few months of studying. Only getting admission will not help for a TRV

IMO, your brother must NOT reapply for a TRV..... unless he enrolls for another diploma..... or he finds a job (and works for some months first)
okie.... lemme try something then....

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks for the information.

Its really frustrating. I want my family to be here this summer and trying since last so many months.

I really want them to come here by summer and leave before winter.

But now.....

neways have to rework on it...

azh7018

Feb 8, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ Arora1990

It's not possible to guess your chances of getting approved without knowing the list of documents/evidence which you have submitted. Based on your post, your application seems good

Hope you and your wife get your TRVs soon

Hello Bryanna
I will going for my PhD program in fall 16, i am planning to apply tourist visa for my boyfriend
So that he can travel along with me
He is working here since more then 1.5 years, his younger brother and parents are in India. Her elder sister is in US on H1B.
His monthly salary is 35000INR (after recent appraisal).
I need your suggestion to make his application stronger, please suggest what documents i should provide.

1) his NOC letter from job
2) his bank statement, will it be ok if we will show bank statement of his father (20000CAD) ? along with a letter, that he is sponsoring his visit

3) In letter of intent should he mention about travelling with girlfriend not common law....to spend some good time before commencement of my program.... or make it purely for tourism
As i have told you her sister in US, if we apply her visa also n mention this in letter of intent.... like he will be meeting his sister as well.. will it strengthen the application or weaken the application ?

4) We will be showing his itinerary and trip for 2-3 weeks, along with 2 way tickets or 1 way ticket will work

5) his travel history, has been to US(Disney) for 6 month internship Program on J1.
will these documents suffice ?
Does we require anything else.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@azh7018

For your boyfriend's employment:
Appointment letter + 6 months salary slips + leave approval letter from his employer stating he will have his job when he returns + ITRs (at least 1 year's + Form 16)

Financials:
6 months bank statements (nothing borrowed for the TRV application) + proofs of investments (FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, EPF, PPF, LIC, etc - whatever is applicable)

a. Including a bank statement from his dad will make it appear that his financial situation is weak

b. For your case, I would not recommend stating that he is your boyfriend.... he must prepare a day-by-day itinerary as a tourist with expense estimates and prove he has the finances to pay for this and the airfare.

He will need an invitation letter from a Canada host. If this is not possible then he must show provisional hotel bookings.... and prove he can also pay for the hotel bookings.

c. As his sister lives in the US and if he states he wants to meet his sister then does he have a US B1/B2 visa? Or does his sister have a Canada TRV? What proofs will they submit to show they will meet in Canada/US?

d. It's NOT advisable to book flight tickets before a TRV is issued. You can include provisional return flight tickets and state that you will book confirmed tickets when the TRV is issued.

e. Yes, you can include his J1 internship

f. Your boyfriend must show other strong ties if possible: Property ownership or lease agreement, family ties, etc

Cheers

azh7018

Feb 8, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ azh7018

For your boyfriend's employment:
Appointment letter + 6 months salary slips + leave approval letter from his employer stating he will have his job when he returns + ITRs (at least 1 year's + Form 16)

Financials:
6 months bank statements (nothing borrowed for the TRV application) + proofs of investments (FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, EPF, PPF, LIC, etc - whatever is applicable)

a. Including a bank statement from his dad will make it appear that his financial situation is weak

Actually his bank balance faced few up and downs in last month, otherwise it is smooth,, And because of this reason i was thinking to go attach his fathers bank balance along with his
and affidavit stating his father bear all expenses of his visit.

b. For your case, I would not recommend stating that he is your boyfriend.... he must prepare a day-by-day itinerary as a tourist with expense estimates and prove he has the finances to pay for this and the airfare.

He will need an invitation letter from a Canada host. If this is not possible then he must show provisional hotel bookings.... and prove he can also pay for the hotel bookings.

Can You suggest n how much expense he should show for his 2 week trip ? Including hotel (will be visiting only Newfoundland region and nearby places)
No he don't have any tie is Canada as a host, so will do provisional hotel bookings.

c. As his sister lives in the US and if he states he wants to meet his sister then does he have a US B1/B2 visa? Or does his sister have a Canada TRV? What proofs will they submit to show they will meet in Canada/US?

We will apply for her canada tourist visa, i am not sure how long it will take .. n what are the pros and cons.... but definitely he have no plan of going to US or applying for B1/B2..... but if it will help our application.. we can think to do so.

d. It's NOT advisable to book flight tickets before a TRV is issued. You can include provisional return flight tickets and state that you will book confirmed tickets when the TRV is issued.

I am sorry, but i didn't get how to book provisional return tickets... if you can tell me the way or clarify, how i can get provisional return tickets

e. Yes, you can include his J1 internship

f. Your boyfriend must show other strong ties if possible: Property ownership or lease agreement, family ties, etc

His parents are here in India and owns a family home, which is on his fathers name
his father is about to retire in 2-3 years and he is the one who has to take care of all of them, so he cant stay in canada

Cheers

Really sorry for asking so many question, i have so many doubts

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azh7018 said:
I am sorry, but i didn't get how to book provisional return tickets... if you can tell me the way or clarify, how i can get provisional return tickets
Could you buy a refundable one way ticket? If so, use it as your provisional return ticket.

visaDelhi

Jun 6, 2016
I have enrolled my brother for some regular diploma course and it will start from August 1st.

By when I can again start his visa process.

What all documents should I need after he start his diploma course.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@visaDelhi

You can reapply a few months after he starts attending classes.

You can include: Proofs of admission + some information/brochure about the institute + holiday approval letter from the institute including stating he is a bona fide student + proof of scheduled exams (after he returns)

As I have suggested earlier, you'll have to show some other strong ties in addition to this

yogiclogic

Jun 29, 2016
Hi folks,

I have been following the forum with great interest and I gained lots of useful information from the discussions here. I wanted to share my parents's TRV visa timeline. They applied through the Delhi Visa office.

Visa application mailed: June 3rd 2016
Visa application received at Delhi office: June 5th 2016.
Passport mailed from Delhi office: June 28th 2016
Passport Delivered: June 29th 2016.

They got the visas for almost 10 years based on their passport expiry. Hope this helps to all those who are eagerly awaiting their passports with visas. Good luck and god bless!