New Delhi Passport Tracking Thread

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lika said:
Today I see DM on my ecas.

It is true that after the status "Medicals have been Received" the next step is DM. This is weekend. Can't wait to see the actual decision. It is like waiting for exam results. Keeping my fingers crossed to see the positive result for all four of my family. Thank you all. I wish to see many many more getting positive DM with me.

Sandeep hope u get yours soon.
Was your address there before DM?

Thanks
T

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The lineup of people wanting to immigrate to Canada has grown steadily under the Conservatives' watch, despite government attempts to make the system more efficient.

Officials from the Immigration Department confirm that the waiting list to process immigration applications is now more than a million names long.

The long list means many years of uncertainty for some families here and abroad, and a tarnished reputation for Canada in the global competition for skilled workers.

“Huge problem,” tweeted Immigration Minister Jason Kenney this week.

He has spoken frequently about the need to streamline the immigration system, but the matter has now risen toward the top of his political agenda.

The House of Commons immigration committee has just agreed to hold eight hearings on the matter, beginning next week.

And Mr. Kenney has made curtailing the backlog a priority as he undertakes a major review of the level and mix of immigrants allowed into Canada.

He is in the final stages of that review, although his final assessment is not expected soon.

However, Ottawa has cut back on the overall number of immigrants allowed into Canada this year, critics point out.

Clamping down on the number of acceptances is just lengthening the waiting list, and also taking the federal government further away from its goal of fuelling the Canadian workforce with immigrant labour, says NDP immigration critic Don Davies.

He points out that Mr. Kenney has said any growth in Canada's labour force will need to be completely supplied by immigration within five years.

“How are we going to meet that economic reality? I don't think they're responding to their own projections,” Mr. Davies said in an interview.

Mr. Kenney's officials say immigration is as high in Canada now as it ever was, and 2010 was a sudden spike that skewed the numbers. Still, the minister has also indicated that a huge increase in immigration is not in the cards any time soon.

“While Canada continues to welcome historically high numbers of new immigrants, and maintains the most open and generous immigration system in the world, we have to carefully manage the large number of people who want to be Canadian,” Mr. Kenney's spokeswoman, Candice Malcolm, said in an email.

That leaves finding ways to curtail applications as the only solution to getting rid of the backlog.

Indeed, Immigration Canada has taken steps in the past few years to control the waiting list.

Since 2008, the minister has had the power to limit applications in certain categories. Mr. Kenney has exercised that power for foreign skilled workers and, most recently, the investor program. Canada is not accepting any more applications in the investor program until next summer.

As a result, and also because immigration officials are being pushed to process applications faster, the rate of increase in the backlog has diminished over the years, officials say.

Plus, the wait for some categories of workers — people who have a job lined up, or professionals badly needed in Canada — are usually approved within months.

But others — especially parents and grandparents of permanent residents, and immigrants who applied before the systemic change in 2008 — can spend up to eight years before they receive word about whether they are accepted or rejected.

Now, the challenge is to prevent the list from continuing to grow.

Mr. Davies says that if increasing immigration is not an option, there are two other ways to go about it: boosting government resources to handle the paperwork, or placing stricter limits on accepting applications.

But he says the government won't entertain an increase in resources.

“They're not doing that, leaving only one policy option, which is to shut the door on the number of applications that can be made,” he said. “I think they already have a pre-ordained answer. ... They're going to limit the numbers of applications for the first time in history.”

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hello tiarachel85

My status was "In process" right from the beginning that is after they received my initial application. My medicals was in first week of may 2011 and I sent the PPs, RPRF fee, and PCC on June 2nd. I saw DM on oct 15th (yesterday). A few days before DM it was "Medicals have been received".

This medicals have been received you can see when u click on " In process"

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lika said:
Hello tiarachel85

My status was "In process" right from the beginning that is after they received my initial application. My medicals was in first week of may 2011 and I sent the PPs, RPRF fee, and PCC on June 2nd. I saw DM on oct 15th (yesterday). A few days before DM it was "Medicals have been received".

Thanks 4 responding.
I mean to ask if your address was there earlier or not?

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
lika said:
Hello tiarachel85

Hi Lika,
Congratulations for DM status...
would you please let me know exactly when your status changed to MR ? because last week my Status also changed to MR and wanna know when I should be expecting DM
Thanks

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi tiarachel85

No this time the address did not disappear for me. But once in August and once in September my address disappeared for almost 10 days and came back with no change in ecas stats.

Hi Saeid

My MR status chaged on October 12th. May be a day or 2 earlier because I do not check every day. May be it was with the regular Tuesday updates.

Even nav30 got MR at the same time and got his DM. Even rilov has got his MR. So it seems that MR is the last update before DM, you all should also be getting DM sooooon. All the best guys.

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lika said:
Hi tiarachel85

No this time the address did not disappear for me. But once in August and once in September my address disappeared for almost 10 days and came back with no change in ecas stats.

Hi Saeid

My MR status chaged on October 12th. May be a day or 2 earlier because I do not check every day. May be it was with the regular Tuesday updates.

Even got MR at the same time and got his DM on . So if this MR is the last step, you should also be getting DM sooooon. All the best.
The lineup of people wanting to immigrate to Canada has grown steadily under the Conservatives' watch, despite government attempts to make the system more efficient.

Officials from the Immigration Department confirm that the waiting list to process immigration applications is now more than a million names long.

The long list means many years of uncertainty for some families here and abroad, and a tarnished reputation for Canada in the global competition for skilled workers.

“Huge problem,” tweeted Immigration Minister Jason Kenney this week.

He has spoken frequently about the need to streamline the immigration system, but the matter has now risen toward the top of his political agenda.

The House of Commons immigration committee has just agreed to hold eight hearings on the matter, beginning next week.

And Mr. Kenney has made curtailing the backlog a priority as he undertakes a major review of the level and mix of immigrants allowed into Canada.

He is in the final stages of that review, although his final assessment is not expected soon.

However, Ottawa has cut back on the overall number of immigrants allowed into Canada this year, critics point out.

Clamping down on the number of acceptances is just lengthening the waiting list, and also taking the federal government further away from its goal of fuelling the Canadian workforce with immigrant labour, says NDP immigration critic Don Davies.

He points out that Mr. Kenney has said any growth in Canada's labour force will need to be completely supplied by immigration within five years.

“How are we going to meet that economic reality? I don't think they're responding to their own projections,” Mr. Davies said in an interview.

Mr. Kenney's officials say immigration is as high in Canada now as it ever was, and 2010 was a sudden spike that skewed the numbers. Still, the minister has also indicated that a huge increase in immigration is not in the cards any time soon.

“While Canada continues to welcome historically high numbers of new immigrants, and maintains the most open and generous immigration system in the world, we have to carefully manage the large number of people who want to be Canadian,” Mr. Kenney's spokeswoman, Candice Malcolm, said in an email.

That leaves finding ways to curtail applications as the only solution to getting rid of the backlog.

Indeed, Immigration Canada has taken steps in the past few years to control the waiting list.

Since 2008, the minister has had the power to limit applications in certain categories. Mr. Kenney has exercised that power for foreign skilled workers and, most recently, the investor program. Canada is not accepting any more applications in the investor program until next summer.

As a result, and also because immigration officials are being pushed to process applications faster, the rate of increase in the backlog has diminished over the years, officials say.

Plus, the wait for some categories of workers — people who have a job lined up, or professionals badly needed in Canada — are usually approved within months.

But others — especially parents and grandparents of permanent residents, and immigrants who applied before the systemic change in 2008 — can spend up to eight years before they receive word about whether they are accepted or rejected.

Now, the challenge is to prevent the list from continuing to grow.

Mr. Davies says that if increasing immigration is not an option, there are two other ways to go about it: boosting government resources to handle the paperwork, or placing stricter limits on accepting applications.

But he says the government won't entertain an increase in resources.

“They're not doing that, leaving only one policy option, which is to shut the door on the number of applications that can be made,” he said. “I think they already have a pre-ordained answer. ... They're going to limit the numbers of applications for the first time in history.”

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
lika said:
Hi tiarachel85

Hi Saeid

Even nav30 got MR at the same time and got his DM. Even rilov has got his MR. So it seems that MR is the last update before DM, you all should also be getting DM sooooon. All the best guys.
Thanks lika,
my status also changed to MR at the same time also,,, so I should also be getting DM status soon... thanks for information and please update us immediately on any good news :) thanks

S

sandeep714

Only 36 days left to expire my medicals..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

What should I do? Please share

-Sandeep

H Sam

Dec 6, 2010
ankit_20 said:
Guys I am starting this thread to estimate timelines for getting the PP back from New Delhi. I request all members on Jan/Feb/March Xfer thread, April and May thread who have got Meds and PPR request to start providing the data. Once I have data for at least five applicants I will build up a table

Information Needed

File Transfer Date/In Process Date/Date on Medica Request/Medical date/Passport Submission date
Hi, Getting the PP back from N/D, depends on each noc demand, at that point of time, for me the noc is 1122, my friends processing took abt: 120 days after submission of the PP, along with the landing fee. I too look fwd to get my PPT by end on October or early Nov:

H Sam

Dec 6, 2010
Hi, Getting the PP back from N/D, depends on each noc demand, at that point of time, for me the noc is 1122, my friends processing took abt: 120 days after submission of the PP, along with the landing fee. I too look fwd to get my PPT by end on October or early Nov: