+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

rajtug

May 27, 2014
Hi! I applied for spouse visa in October 2013.file is in new delhi office from 7 months.how long we have to wait? Is this ok if I send inquiry from canada?

alifk

Oct 25, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th May, 2013
AOR Received.
2nd June, 2013
File Transfer...
11th June, 2013
Passport Req..
26th June, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 14th December, 2013; Visa issued 11th July, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon!! Soon!! Soon!!
Can travel history delay the background checks?? My remeds are updated sine April 3rd. I did MP enquiry in last week of April and he said background checks are still not finished. A month has passed after that. I have travelled in the last 6-7 years. Is there a way we can find out if it is finished or not apart from GCMS?

simran91

May 20, 2014
Hey,

I am applying for PR of my wife . Is it necessary to attest the photocopies of documents such as passport, birth certificate etc.?
Also, we married in ordinances of Sikh religion, is it necessary to attach anandkaraj certificate issued by gurdwara, or only marriage certificate will work?

Thanks

bubbles67

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
alifk said:
Can travel history delay the background checks?? My remeds are updated sine April 3rd. I did MP enquiry in last week of April and he said background checks are still not finished. A month has passed after that. I have travelled in the last 6-7 years. Is there a way we can find out if it is finished or not apart from GCMS?
you should apply for GCMS

pooja0702

Oct 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
File Transfer...
18-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Passport Req..
17-01-2014
wake up NDVO ..ab to sarkar bhi ban gayi ..august ko niptao...september october par aao ...

alifk

Oct 25, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th May, 2013
AOR Received.
2nd June, 2013
File Transfer...
11th June, 2013
Passport Req..
26th June, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 14th December, 2013; Visa issued 11th July, 2014
LANDED..........
Soon!! Soon!! Soon!!
bubbles67 said:
you should apply for GCMS
What's the point? It will come after a month.... :'(

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi all, I have submitted my open work permit application on May 5, 2014

is there anyone who applied in May

plz share ur current status and informations regarding this...

once my application has been refused,and I reapplied now.....so I am very much tensed....

guys plz....share urs

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Guys.... looking at booking my tickets...need some help...

I'm flying from mangalore -mumbai- heathrow -edmonton through jet airways... and here are my doubts...

1) Airlines told me that i wont be allowed to leave the airport at mumbai if I have an international check in at mangalore...is that true?! :eek:

2) Travel agent told me i'll need a transit visa for heathrow above 6 hours of layover....I was under the impression that PR visa holders or travellers to canada do not need a transit visa for UK....Anyone...Anything?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello DVA,

Wish you a happy and safe journey!

My 2 cents of information...

1) indian citizen not allowed to leave the airport after check in - may be for security reason, but i dont think that is true. at mumbai airport they have a lounge where you will transit from domestic to international. But i dont think there is an exit from there. if you dont want to use the aiport shuttle, you can exit and get back to international terminal by your means. Although please confirm this, i have done this long time ago back in 2001.

2) If you have a Canada or US visa stamped on your Passport, you dont need a transit visa. IF you dont, then you need one. I think, you get your PR card only after landing, until then it is a one entry canada visa.

Hope this helps.
Warm Regards and Best Wishes
KanSri

DVA said:
Guys.... looking at booking my tickets...need some help...

I'm flying from mangalore -mumbai- heathrow -edmonton through jet airways... and here are my doubts...

1) Airlines told me that i wont be allowed to leave the airport at mumbai if I have an international check in at mangalore...is that true?! :eek:

2) Travel agent told me i'll need a transit visa for heathrow above 6 hours of layover....I was under the impression that PR visa holders or travellers to canada do not need a transit visa for UK....Anyone...Anything?

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Kan_Sri said:
Hello DVA,

Wish you a happy and safe journey!

My 2 cents of information...

1) indian citizen not allowed to leave the airport after check in - may be for security reason, but i dont think that is true. at mumbai airport they have a lounge where you will transit from domestic to international. But i dont think there is an exit from there. if you dont want to use the aiport shuttle, you can exit and get back to international terminal by your means. Although please confirm this, i have done this long time ago back in 2001.

2) If you have a Canada or US visa stamped on your Passport, you dont need a transit visa. IF you dont, then you need one. I think, you get your PR card only after landing, until then it is a one entry canada visa.

Hope this helps.
Warm Regards and Best Wishes
KanSri
Thanks!

I will check out the Mumbai exit again....

But I'm since I'm just getting my PR visa, I dint think i needed a transit visa for UK....and the plot thickens!! :D

Oh and this what what i found on the net now... on the gov.uk website

You won’t need a visa if you:

are travelling to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country

PALAKI

Star Member
Dec 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
File Transfer...
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
hi everyone,
I have a que....my pcc for india is valid till Aug and I can easily get a new one if it is demanded....but the PCC for US is valid till September 2013...is it possible that NDVO migt ask for US PCC again? It was a long process - getting fingerprints from india, sending it to FBI USA, then getting their PCC almost three months...Any suggestion if I get a PCC done in Advance...Im a Novemeber applicant and there are chances that till Sept, getting a PR seems difficult, acc to current status.... I appreciate your suggestions

Thanks,
Palaki

pavan00747

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2014 (got a call to collect passport on 2nd june 14)
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
PALAKI said:
hi everyone,
I have a que....my pcc for india is valid till Aug and I can easily get a new one if it is demanded....but the PCC for US is valid till September 2013...is it possible that NDVO migt ask for US PCC again? It was a long process - getting fingerprints from india, sending it to FBI USA, then getting their PCC almost three months...Any suggestion if I get a PCC done in Advance...Im a Novemeber applicant and there are chances that till Sept, getting a PR seems difficult, acc to current status.... I appreciate your suggestions

Thanks,
Palaki
HI,
NDVO will not ask u for PCC again in case of USA. Because i think u never visited US again after U get Ur PCC. Dnt Worry They will ask if u stayed their for more than 6 month after your PCC Generated by US officials.

bubbles67

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
alifk said:
What's the point? It will come after a month.... :'(
I know but u will get some clearity .... One way or other you r waiting ....apply for note and wait
Be confident hopefully u will get the update before the note