+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

Pari sandhu

Feb 9, 2014
rash04 said:
congrats Pari :) , wish you loads of luck and happiness.
Did you go alone or along with your spouse for interview? Is it mandatory fr spouse to accompany?
If you don't mind can you share your questions, only if you wann :)...
only my wife goes questions are about our red flag

Ankits

Feb 13, 2014
waiting 2 exhale said:
you can try but most applications for visitor's visa are denied. But it gets complicated if she gets tourist visa. She would have rush back when they ask for passport or if she has to attend an interview etc...
Thanks for your reply..Going back and forth is not a problem for us. the only thing I was worried is about our application and will it affect that coz we dont want delays with that.

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
deep9507 said:
heyy i am currently living in saskatchewan and am a PR and applied for my husband to come to canada. My file was received on august 16, 2013 and i want to know how long will it take for him to get his visa. I was there in india for 4 months and just came back and i am also pregnant for 3 months..... so any guess on when he will get his visa?? Pleasee reply back :) :)
You can expect some kind of movement regarding your file in April or beginning of May. You might get your visa sometime in May if all goes well.

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
deep9507 said:
heyy i am currently living in saskatchewan and am a PR and applied for my husband to come to canada. My file was received on august 16, 2013 and i want to know how long will it take for him to get his visa. I was there in india for 4 months and just came back and i am also pregnant for 3 months..... so any guess on when he will get his visa?? Pleasee reply back :) :)
Hi

welcome to the forum. :)
You may hear good news in May so hopefully. Right now they havent started on july applicants yet but they may start next month soon. I hope your hubby will fly to Canada before baby born. I wish you a speedy visa!!! Dont worry alot and be positive. All the best! :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
kunjai said:
My wife (sponsor) got reply from MP stating that our file was last reviewed on Feb 19th and has been recommended for interview. :( They have transferred the file to another officer who is in charge of allotting the dates for the interview.... will have to wait for their mail i guess for the dates...

They have doubts as this is my first marriage while it is second marriage for my wife... that's what the MP enquiry revealed.... :( :( :( :(
My wife and me are really upset and disappointed and she is inconsolable after hearing the news.... as we were hoping and praying for the visa in March... as she was not feeling well and in a lot of pain last month, and if I could have been with her early enough she could have undergone a small surgical procedure... which would have helped her medical condition.... am missing her lot... she is all alone with her daughter(11 year old) and we both are feeling helpless .... it has been hell for both of us for the last 2 months......... watching her go through the pain alone is heartbreaking for me :( :( :(

How long till we can expect the interview dates.... any one?
Im so sorry to hear about your story. This is totally suck. I understand about your situation and so many also frustrated with that. But surely you will get visa after interview. Just be confident and be strong. I really hope you will get to see your spouse soon this summer or early. I hope your wife feels better soon. be prepared for your interview. All the besttt!!! :)

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Thnks Desi Girl,
If one carries his/her present valid unexpired DL and also the driving history summary/record and if it is of >2 yrs of history,the G category(highest) DL of canada will be given on the spot upon verirfication.
So thats what I had and got it.

Sadly only few select countries can utilize this option and India is not in that list.

The following link might help others who wannaa use this

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence

Desi-girl said:
That's great! Congrats. Was it easy to do that? How long did it take? Do you think we can change India's driving licence to a Canadian one the same way?

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Re: NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS. Exchanging D/L

Robin_Pandey said:
Thnks Desi Girl,
If one carries his/her present valid unexpired DL and also the driving history summary/record and if it is of >2 yrs of history,the G category(highest) DL of canada will be given on the spot upon verirfication.
If you have Indian Driving License and Driving History letter from License Issuing Authority, U can Get the waiting time waived to get the license.
You have to do the written exam and road test, but the mandatory road test wait times are waived.

Duration of Experience G2 Test Required G Test Required Mandatory Wait Times Apply Notes

Less than 12 months Yes Yes Yes

12 to 24 months Yes Yes Yes Mandatory wait times only apply to G Test

Greater than 24 months No Yes No An unsuccessful G Test will result in a
mandatory G2 Test to continue

If u can't get the letter , only 12 months experience is credited and u have to wait 12 months to give G Road Test. (8 months If u do recognized driver education program)

Another thing is the Name on driver's license should be same as on identity documents (passport/surname etc).
Females can show the marriage certificate along identity documents to use their married name on new license even if the indian D/L is in maiden name.

check the web site for more info
drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx

This is the Ontario Requirements, Other provinces also have the same kind of system of crediting experience (quebec, manitoba etc)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Pari sandhu said:
Hello everyone sorry for late reply mine interview is done and all goes well the lady there was very nice she ask most of question from my file i submitted from my wife and she answer well to her every question....mine was second marriage so she ask about that from my wife to.... the lady gave visa to my wife right away and said her to fly before 8 march interviews goes about 30 min ... What kind of relief it was now i cant tell u thanks to everyone and specialy to garry who gave me interview tranning person cell no that guy also help us alot the question interviewr ask he all redy prepare us for that k buddys thanks all of u this form give me postiveness and guide me through this process may all of u get your visa soon now i m wating for my wife thank u ... God and also omg omg omg hahaha

app recived 20 march ppr may 7 interview is on 26 feb at delhi
Congratulations! I can see the immense relief that you and your wife are feeling right now. Was the reason for your interview only because it was your 2nd marriage?

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
deep9507 said:
Hi, most likely, August applicants will be processed in May. There are a lot of backlogs right now that the NDVO is working on so it is taking longer unfortunately. Hopefully, they will catch up by end of April.

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
Desi-girl said:
Congratulations! I can see the immense relief that you and your wife are feeling right now. Was the reason for your interview only because it was your 2nd marriage?
Hi Desi-girl +1 for you. you are very helpfull.Thanks...A LOT.................................

abhishekgoel007

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2011
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
msingh2013 said:
My wife is a May applicant and we still haven't heard back from CIC. Only thing I have seen is "in process" since mid-December. Does anyone know how long this "in process" stage will take? My spouse was asked to do some more medicals as they found something in her lungs. Medicals were cleared and sent to them in time. So I'm not sure why there is so much delay. Any idea guys?
Hello Buddy

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, they are working on clearing backlog, but i would suggest doing a MP enquiry

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
haritsharma said:
Hi Desi-girl +1 for you. you are very helpfull.Thanks...A LOT.................................
You are welcome. And Happy Anniversary (Sorry, I don't know when your anniversary is exactly).
Are you ready for your interview? It's a good thing that your wife will be joining you. Good Luck for your interview and always be confident.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Robin_Pandey said:
Thnks Desi Girl,
So thats what I had and got it.

Sadly only few select countries can utilize this option and India is not in that list.

The following link might help others who wannaa use this

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence
desi_jatt said:
If you have Indian Driving License and Driving History letter from License Issuing Authority, U can Get the waiting time waived to get the license.
You have to do the written exam and road test, but the mandatory road test wait times are waived.

Duration of Experience G2 Test Required G Test Required Mandatory Wait Times Apply Notes

Less than 12 months Yes Yes Yes

12 to 24 months Yes Yes Yes Mandatory wait times only apply to G Test

Greater than 24 months No Yes No An unsuccessful G Test will result in a
mandatory G2 Test to continue

If u can't get the letter , only 12 months experience is credited and u have to wait 12 months to give G Road Test. (8 months If u do recognized driver education program)

Another thing is the Name on driver's license should be same as on identity documents (passport/surname etc).
Females can show the marriage certificate along identity documents to use their married name on new license even if the indian D/L is in maiden name.

check the web site for more info
drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Out-of-Country-Drivers.aspx

This is the Ontario Requirements, Other provinces also have the same kind of system of crediting experience (quebec, manitoba etc)
Thanks you guys. It is very helpful information that can be used when the time comes :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Ankits said:
HI

I sponsored my wife and we submitted our application on September 16th and NDVO requested her passport in October. Looks like it will be few more months to get anything done on our file. We both were wondering if she can come on TRV or tourist visa for few months. We just have a concern that if it might affect our current application process as we have to withdraw the passport for that and will it extend the timeline of our sponsorship application. I believe they need some strong reason to grant the Visa I have a pending surgery and if I get Doctors note will that help?

any advise will be appreciated.
Sorry to hear about health and that you will be needing surgery in the near future. Since you are a September applicant, you do have a bit of a wait. You can try applying for TRV but the chances of being rejected is really high unless you can show definite proof that your wife will be returning back to India. I guess they will give TRV if your surgery is a major one like a heart bypass and that you would really need your wife while recovering rather than a minor day surgery like removing your gall bladder where they can discharge you in a few hours.

It might also delay your processing if you will have to wait for NDVO to send your wife another PPR. If the surgery has to be done, I would suggest to go ahead and not delay as it can affect your health in the long run.

abhishekgoel007

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2011
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
Pari sandhu said:
Hello everyone sorry for late reply mine interview is done and all goes well the lady there was very nice she ask most of question from my file i submitted from my wife and she answer well to her every question....mine was second marriage so she ask about that from my wife to.... the lady gave visa to my wife right away and said her to fly before 8 march interviews goes about 30 min ... What kind of relief it was now i cant tell u thanks to everyone and specialy to garry who gave me interview tranning person cell no that guy also help us alot the question interviewr ask he all redy prepare us for that k buddys thanks all of u this form give me postiveness and guide me through this process may all of u get your visa soon now i m wating for my wife thank u ... God and also omg omg omg hahaha
Hey

Thats really great news, congrats buddy, wish you a happy married life