Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
waiting 2 exhale said:
you haven't broken the records of longest running Hindi movies like - dilwale dulhania (800 weeks) or sholay..keep writing more posts and you will get a medal from Guinness book of record..next goal is to write many 'OMG'...haridas a tamil movie was the longest running movie (for three years) and it ran for 4 hours..imagine sitting in a theater for 4 hours and listening to endless songs (those days movie goers would throw stones if there was no song every two minutes)..see this is what happens when NDVO doesn't issue any status change and no one gets excited..you are subjected to read my useless information..I blame it on NDVO
Lol. :p I think both you and I have started writing things that don't matter..lol
I just wanted to get one omg out here... Because it's been a slow day.
I don't want to break any records...lol... It may be impossible to beat too many people on the forum who have been helping for so long. Most posts I saw was 17000+ and I don't want to stick around waiting for my visa that long...lol. I do hope to keep continuing on the forum after though, but not wait for PR while I hit 20000 posts.
(Also, the people wouldn't throw stones at a musical like les miserables. That movie had a lot of songs every 30 seconds or so)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Rose Maxmetal said:
Hi guys..I m new to this forum, I have a question hope anyone can help...I got married in October, last year, right now my husband lives in Canada, I am in India, we are May applicants, now our problem is that he was in a common-law relationship earlier and he sponsored the girl to Canada earlier before our marriage.. her visa was approved but they broke up and she never landed in Canada, for that he has already submitted the declaration of severance of common-law relationship in my application...but today I received an email from CIC stating:

Dear applicant:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.

Your sponsor's Separation/Severance Deed showing that his relationship with common-law partner, (* his ex-*) has been dissolved.

This must be received by our office 01/17/2014 (Date format is MM/DD/YYYY).

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.

Now here we are confused whether he have to re-submit the declaration or do I have to submit a declaration for him that I am aware that their common-law relationship is dissolved....coz only I have received this mail my husband did not...Coz we think that if he have to submit it, he should have received an email too...what should we do??

Please help guys...any help would be highly appreciated...thanks.
Hmm... I am not sure about this.. Sorry.
Maybe do both... Just to be on the safe side.
Best bet is to put this query to an immigration lawyer or see if there is someone else who had similar experience on the other forums..

Good luck

RJ1710

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
16-02-2013 and re -Medical : 28-02-2014
Interview........
went well on 20-02-2014
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP- 20-2-2014, DM-12-04-2014
LANDED..........
waiting for passport
waiting 2 exhale said:
you haven't broken the records of longest running Hindi movies like - dilwale dulhania (800 weeks) or sholay..keep writing more posts and you will get a medal from Guinness book of record..next goal is to write many 'OMG'...haridas a tamil movie was the longest running movie (for three years) and it ran for 4 hours..imagine sitting in a theater for 4 hours and listening to endless songs (those days movie goers would throw stones if there was no song every two minutes)..see this is what happens when NDVO doesn't issue any status change and no one gets excited..you are subjected to read my useless information..I blame it on NDVO
Ndvo is closed today due to elections in delhi..

nrn1

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
April , 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January 9
VISA ISSUED...
In process : November 25
LANDED..........
Wating....
how long does it take for Background & Security Checks after the status of file changed in process ?? any ideas ??

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
nrn1 said:
how long does it take for Background & Security Checks after the status of file changed in process ?? any ideas ??
on prior page. someone had posted a detailed explanation of background and security checks....probably that would give you an idea..also check Myrah's spreadsheet, you might get an idea of how long it takes to change from 'in process' to 'DM'

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
RJ1710 said:
Ndvo is closed today due to elections in delhi..
someone had an interviewed scheduled today..maybe only interviewing officers work today...

upasanagovind

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
7-8-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 8th July DM since 10th July
LANDED..........
As soon as the passport reaches :(
Harshiddhi005 said:
Background & Security Checks
Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts: 1. The Standard Documentation Checks, 2. The Security & Criminality Checks.Standard Documentation Checks: Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc. The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview. -Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'. -Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months). -eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'. *The older system has a queue, thus can be longer. Security & Criminality Checks: A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. -Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR. -Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds] -eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside. *Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different. ...The Process in a Nutshell:Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".
ok so now im a lil confused. ideally only after its in the IP stage are the meds received . plus only after all this is the PPR stage.

but my ive already sent my pp to the NDVO and my status is still app recved + meds. im confused. please help.

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
upasanagovind said:
ok so now im a lil confused. ideally only after its in the IP stage are the meds received . plus only after all this is the PPR stage.

but my ive already sent my pp to the NDVO and my status is still app recved + meds. im confused. please help.
those rules are general guidelines and even if other consulates follow these rules, our New Delhi visa office is so special that they don't follow any rules (case in point asking for passport early in the process). Anyway, I sent in medical results (not the actual results just a receipt) along with application and my ecas shows 'application received' and 'medical results received'. My notes says medicals received and no need for further investigation. Yet I did not get any passport request (my notes says 'nothing started yet'). Presumably I will get a request before they make a decision or after they make a decision. I think it is ok that you and I and many others having status showing ' application received'; 'medicals received'.

kunjai

Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
24-07-2013
Med's Request
23-05-2014 (Reassessment of Medical Validity)
Med's Done....
24-05-2014 (Reassessment of Medical Validity)
Interview........
21-05-2014
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2014
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
I missed the action for the last 2 days... :)

Myrah....... :) :)..............Congrats...and good luck to you for DM and visa! God Bless!! :)

AKAmon

Nov 6, 2013
Harshiddhi005 said:
Background & Security Checks
Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts: 1. The Standard Documentation Checks, 2. The Security & Criminality Checks.Standard Documentation Checks: Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc. The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview. -Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'. -Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months). -eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'. *The older system has a queue, thus can be longer. Security & Criminality Checks: A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. -Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR. -Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds] -eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside. *Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different. ...The Process in a Nutshell:Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".
This is the process followed for CEC applicants. These applications are sponsored in-land. This is irrelevant for Spousal or NDVO applications (or any other consulate)

upasanagovind

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
7-8-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 8th July DM since 10th July
LANDED..........
As soon as the passport reaches :(
AKAmon said:
This is the process followed for CEC applicants. These applications are sponsored in-land. This is irrelevant for Spousal or NDVO applications (or any other consulate)
so arent there any process guidelines for the Spousal applications?

VARUNKUMAR

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
ludhiana punjab india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-may-2013
Doc's Request.
12-july-2013
AOR Received.
21-06-2013
File Transfer...
27-june-2013
Med's Done....
23-mar-2013
Interview........
NO Jai Mata Di
Passport Req..
12-july-2013 sent on16 and received on 17-july-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Adittional Documents Requested 20jan,2014 and got call from on 27feb,2014 at 2 pm Visa ISSUED
LANDED..........
10MARCH,2014
i contacted my wife's MP so what will happen next pls tell me your suggestions.????????????????????

missin u

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
25-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
05-Sep-2013
Med's Request
RE-MED DONE on 23-July-2014
Med's Done....
04-Feb-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 18-July-2014, DM on 2 Feb,2015
LANDED..........
only God knows
hello guyz gd evening.....
is here anyone(sponsored person) who is a govt. empployee in India?
actually i want to know that is it necessary to avail NOC(No objection Certificate) for a govt employee(if a sponsored person is a govt employee) from the respective department before applying for spousal visa? does CHC has anything to do with NOC in case of govt employee?

zormas

Nov 8, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
nrn1 said:

My Security checked were showing "Not Started"till till Nov 14th.
Nov 15, an officer was assigned to work on my wife's file at NDVO...and within a week...Security checks were cleared.
She did have travel history as well.

catchtejal

Apr 23, 2013
Myrah7 said:
better to be ready before hand so u can enjoy the last few days without stress :p Toronto
Hey I would be going to Toronto too ;D
I think we now need to prepare a detailed sheet of to carry stuff.(esp for wives ).. n not to carry stuff..haha
Who's expert here? ;)