11-12-2012
Interview........
Jan 22nd 2014
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
LANDED..........
24-04-2014
Desi-girl said:
Love the positive attitude! Keep it up... This is exactly what I meant by being confident and staying positive! :) :)
And good luck with the interview. I will pray that it goes smoothly.
Hope your husband gets his PR soon after!
Thank you so much!

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
Desi-girl said:
Thanks Myrah! This is very helpful! :) :D :D
nowhere it says hold both your hands tightly to refrain from slapping the VO in case if he/she throws temper tantrum and throws things around...that is a must rule..lol

DDP2299

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON...
Will like to share my experience with regards to MP inquiry...

I sent an email to my MP on Monday stating all the necessary info and the valid reason for why I need my wife's visa ASAP so she can come over here. So 3 days later, I got a call from my MP's office regarding this email and he asked me to come to his office and meet personally regarding this case. Up there he asked me to fill out the consent form and a form stating why I need this information. He took both the forms and said just give me 2 business days max and I will tell you everything about your wife's application. what stage is it at, why is it being held up for 2 months for In Process and all that kind of information. He will call me back post lunch on Tuesday with all the updates. I was surprised how polite and fast this process was with definitive timeline. Will put this timeline to test and wait for Tuesday for the results.

In all this I asked him, what is the reason for the consent form since you called from my home just to sign this. As per him, CIC will not release a single piece of information about a person's application without a signed consent form (All because of our great Privacy Act). Not even to PM. Only time they can release is on a court order if that person is involved in a criminal offence. I asked him about one of my friend's experience where he did not sign anything and his MP gave him the status of the application. Surprisingly he said that there are few MPs and their Secretary who want to avoid this process by giving generalistic answer where applicant is mentally satisfied for what he gets and just waits. This is a very nasty trick of playing with people's emotions. He said that it takes good 30 minutes or so on the phone with CIC and CHC to give all the legit information and get the status update. In high crowded area some MPs might not like their office employees being occupied with this.

Something new to learn everyday.

Are there any people in this form who has got their status from MP without signing a consent form? You might want to think about GCMS notes just to be on the safe side...

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
DDP2299 said:

I sent an email to my MP on Monday stating all the necessary info and the valid reason for why I need my wife's visa ASAP so she can come over here. So 3 days later, I got a call from my MP's office regarding this email and he asked me to come to his office and meet personally regarding this case. Up there he asked me to fill out the consent form and a form stating why I need this information. He took both the forms and said just give me 2 business days max and I will tell you everything about your wife's application. what stage is it at, why is it being held up for 2 months for In Process and all that kind of information. He will call me back post lunch on Tuesday with all the updates. I was surprised how polite and fast this process was with definitive timeline. Will put this timeline to test and wait for Tuesday for the results.

In all this I asked him, what is the reason for the consent form since you called from my home just to sign this. As per him, CIC will not release a single piece of information about a person's application without a signed consent form (All because of our great Privacy Act). Not even to PM. Only time they can release is on a court order if that person is involved in a criminal offence. I asked him about one of my friend's experience where he did not sign anything and his MP gave him the status of the application. Surprisingly he said that there are few MPs and their Secretary who want to avoid this process by giving generalistic answer where applicant is mentally satisfied for what he gets and just waits. This is a very nasty trick of playing with people's emotions. He said that it takes good 30 minutes or so on the phone with CIC and CHC to give all the legit information and get the status update. In high crowded area some MPs might not like their office employees being occupied with this.

Are there any people in this form who has got their status from MP without signing a consent form? You might want to think about GCMS notes just to be on the safe side...
your sponsored person should also sign a form....as a rule MPs should get signature from both parties. In my case, both forms were signed, my MP's assistant was very polite when met in person (felt like she is my sister so much of love flowing) and yet I got a general response after two days of meeting. Some MPs are brave enough to get more information from CIC or call NDVO (whatever the process is) others just parrot whatever CIC/NDVO says..it just might be they are lazy or just don't know that they can be persistent and demand better answers from CIC/NDVO..in my experience was more useful than MP (it does not mean it is a waste of time to contact MP)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
DDP2299 said:

Wow :eek: !! That's a lot of info to take in. Thank you very muck for sharing it DDP.
Although we all know how corrupt the politicians and other people in power like the the MPs can be, it still comes as a shock when the truth is laid out...
But it doesn't come as a surprise that they look for their own benefits and profits, rather than the community they represent. You are lucky to have one who is understanding and takes the time to explain the process and answer questions, unlike the other mindless zombies in suits.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
ashvin22 said:
Y not start a google docs document (keep the permissions open to give Editing allowed for anyone with the link, and share link here), so everyone can contribute as time permits.

Desi-girl (I think) had a good structure laid out...so we could create that template on the document as a guideline.

You are already doing a lot for this forum (which is highly appreciated btw!), email/PM dumping is going to be a lot of burden for one person to handle.
Thanks Ashvin, but that was just a rough idea... We will have to improve it further...
The google docs idea is a good one. But how will we attach it to this forum so that the members can view the doc for their answers? Should we put the link at the top or the bottom of the spreadsheet?

And you are right. Myrah is already doing a lot and this will be too much to handle. There would be a lot of posts to go through if everyone PMed her.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
chams said:
Chamu is my wife. ;D
So her timeline is same as mine.
Your User IDs are so cute together... Chamu and Chams. It screams "made for each other" ;) :) :) ;D ;D
All the best to both of you!

jyojin.k

Nov 11, 2013
DDP2299 said:

. I did MP enquiry .he requested consent form too. Replied to me on the next day . Stating that my file is close to being finalized , and even he said i do have positive decision.
It is sugestive that I can contact him back if I don't have a reply until januvary .at that time He can do a another enquiry.with in 6 days I got DM . Now waiting for passport

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
jyojin.k said:
. I did MP enquiry .he requested consent form too. Replied to me on the next day . Stating that my file is close to being finalized , and even he said i do have positive decision.
It is sugestive that I can contact him back if I don't have a reply until januvary .at that time He can do a another enquiry.with in 6 days I got DM . Now waiting for passport
You are really lucky that u got dm and your mp said was true. I did mp enquiry last week n got a reply stating that my file is curently awaiting initial review. I dont know why it is taking so long. I hope that i get an update soon. So frustrated.

DDP2299

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON...
jyojin.k said:
Congrats on your DM. My case seems to be straightforward and lets see what he has to say on Tuesday. Hopefully I am as lucky as you are. Once they check the file then they can issue DM... :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DDP2299 said:
Congrats on your DM. My case seems to be straightforward and lets see what he has to say on Tuesday. Hopefully I am as lucky as you are. Once they check the file then they can issue DM... :)
Good luck with it. Btw all the best for your visa soon. :)

beant1923

Aug 12, 2013
Anishka said:
Thank you so much!
Hi anishka. we have same timeline..we applied on 4 jan too and passport request on 9th march..and we also got interview email last day...so finally the day has come..we r so happy....we got chance to show our feelings and emotions that how difficult is living far away when u love someone..

DDP2299

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON...
SN0206 said:
Good luck with it. Btw all the best for your visa soon. :)
Thank you so much!!

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Anishka said:
My husband got an email today with our interview date! Our interview will be on January 22nd in New Delhi! He was so excited that he called me at 3:45 AM here! Lol! Now i'm so excited too that I won't be able to sleep! Lol... But I don't care, i'm just so happy that we know our date now, I can book my flight and will get to see my hubby soon!!!
You guys are so cute. thats what love is. You are being so positive about the interview. Thats really good. Btw all the best to both of u and ur husband for the interview. God bless u guys. Have a safe flight to india soon. :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
beant1923 said:
Hi anishka. we have same timeline..we applied on 4 jan too and passport request on 9th march..and we also got interview email last day...so finally the day has come..we r so happy....we got chance to show our feelings and emotions that how difficult is living far away when u love someone..
Glad you got an email for interview date. When is it? If u dont mind to say it. All the best for the interview. :)