01-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process since Oct 26
Myrah7 said:
don't know abt that but if u see 2012 forum ppl have advised not to go for GCMS after they got their visa coz it delays the application....again its personal choice u agree or u don't agree to it...
Hey Myrah, do you mind specifying what you mean by 'after they got their visa'?
Why would anyone file for GCMS after they have visa.

Sorry if its a silly question and I'm missing a point.

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
Myrah7 said:
don't know abt that but if u see 2012 forum ppl have advised not to go for GCMS after they got their visa coz it delays the application....again its personal choice u agree or u don't agree to it...
Thanks Myrah for your quick response. If I don't order GCMS then how else I can find out why my passport was not requested yet. Can my MP find out more details about the mysterious missing email? If I had missed the first request for passport, does NDVO sends out another email asking for passport? If passport is not sent, does NDVO still do other steps like criminal background, security etc...In other words, do they really need the passport till the last step of stamping visa in the passport....the process is just confusing

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
hello friends and seniors

I would be filing an application of spouse soon. I don't know few thing
(a) For how long shall I be working to sponsor my wife? I mean how many months after getting a job can I file her application?
(b) I would be working as a general labour in a factory but that job is not fixed, its part time job and this is on call job, the agent gives a call and tell the location. would it be fine to apply?
(c) Payment is made in Cash? so how to show that the amount is actually earned?
(d) worked last year and made very few dollars during short stay in canada. No option C, I think its Income tax return? what shall I do for it

Kindly reply dear friends.
thanks in advance

schwrizer

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process since Oct 26
waiting 2 exhale said:
Thanks Myrah for your quick response. If I don't order GCMS then how else I can find out why my passport was not requested yet. Can my MP find out more details about the mysterious missing email? If I had missed the first request for passport, does NDVO sends out another email asking for passport? If passport is not sent, does NDVO still do other steps like criminal background, security etc...In other words, do they really need the passport till the last step of stamping visa in the passport....the process is just confusing
Hey waiting,
it seems you are in the same boat as me and a few others. There seem to be a few missing PPRs.
I did apply for GCMS today to find out where things went off track.
The MP can request basic status info, but not the contents of specific communications.

I think my spouse didnt get the email either and there has been no follow-up since then by NDVO. Nor have they updated the status of our application since Miss. sent our application to NDVO for further processing.

Not sure if they continue processing other steps or not.

Hope they can resolve the situation soon and get their act together.

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 25-11-2013 DM 19-01-2014
LANDED..........
23-01-2014 :)
schwrizer said:
Hey waiting,
it seems you are in the same boat as me and a few others. There seem to be a few missing PPRs.
I did apply for GCMS today to find out where things went off track.
The MP can request basic status info, but not the contents of specific communications.

I think my spouse didnt get the email either and there has been no follow-up since then by NDVO. Nor have they updated the status of our application since Miss. sent our application to NDVO for further processing.

Not sure if they continue processing other steps or not.

Hope they can resolve the situation soon and get their act together.
good u answered ......I really don't understand what NDVO is doin ...ppl are not getting their ppr...and in GCMS it says ppr....I really don't get it how they work.....just hope everyone gets their ppr...soon

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Myrah7 said:

i would say i agree and disagree what myrah7 said here.

Agree - Yes it delays processing if you select "Paper Files" say for example you wanted to see the medical records and see what has happened and results etc etc or you wanted to access your application physically and see if some entries are incorrectr etc... if you access the paper files this will for sure delay the processing as the file are taken out from office for information request purpose (if your review date is in that period visa officer might not be having access to the files)

Disagree- if you select "Electronic Files" which means the GCMS system will be used to retrieve the information. and this is done from Ottawa, Canada and they dont acces your files in new Delhi.

for more clarity GCMS is not the right word ( GCMS - Global Case Management System is the actual system in place for immigration at CIC)

ATIP - Access to Information is the department who does this work on our request. GCMS notes - is the notes generated by electronic system. CAIPS notes used earlier is mostly paper file related information.

I might be wrong.

schwrizer

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process since Oct 26
anshuman said:

(a) For how long shall I be working to sponsor my wife? I mean how many months after getting a job can I file her application?
(b) I would be working as a general labour in a factory but that job is not fixed, its part time job and this is on call job, the agent gives a call and tell the location. would it be fine to apply?
(d) worked last year and made very few dollars during short stay in canada. No option C, I think its Income tax return? what shall I do for it

thanks in advance
Hello Anshuman,

The duration of job may not hold as much weight in your application. They do try to see if you are employed or not.
From what I have read in other places, it does seem that with a spousal application the financial scrutiny is lighter and of a different kind. (That you are not entirely dependent on EI etc.)
Regarding the tax papers, CIC does need a copy of one of the tax forms, that you can get by calling CRA and requesting. If however, you have not filed ANY tax at all, it may be beneficial to talk to a tax agent and file for all the previous years, no matter what the income level is.

Hope this helps and others can add value to this as well.

Cheers and good luck.

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
schwrizer said:
Hey Myrah, do you mind specifying what you mean by 'after they got their visa'?
Why would anyone file for GCMS after they have visa.

Sorry if its a silly question and I'm missing a point.
someone who got the visa mentioned very clearly don't order GCMS notes within the process not after DM....pls go to 2012 new delhi forum and read it..... maybe that will help to clear all doubts....

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
prasamp said:
i would say i agree and disagree what myrah7 said here.

Agree - Yes it delays processing if you select "Paper Files" say for example you wanted to see the medical records and see what has happened and results etc etc or you wanted to access your application physically and see if some entries are incorrectr etc... if you access the paper files this will for sure delay the processing as the file are taken out from office for information request purpose (if your review date is in that period visa officer might not be having access to the files)

Disagree- if you select "Electronic Files" which means the GCMS system will be used to retrieve the information. and this is done from Ottawa, Canada and they dont acces your files in new Delhi.

for more clarity GCMS is not the right word ( GCMS - Global Case Management System is the actual system in place for immigration at CIC)

ATIP - Access to Information is the department who does this work on our request. GCMS notes - is the notes generated by electronic system. CAIPS notes used earlier is mostly paper file related information.

I might be wrong.
Thx prasamp for the clarification I haven't ordered for notes so I have no clue....this is what I have been reading all over Canadian forums lots of mixed reviews.....ppl don't specify electronic or paper files so its kinda confusing....

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
schwrizer said:
Hello Anshuman,

The duration of job may not hold as much weight in your application. They do try to see if you are employed or not.
From what I have read in other places, it does seem that with a spousal application the financial scrutiny is lighter and of a different kind. (That you are not entirely dependent on EI etc.)
Regarding the tax papers, CIC does need a copy of one of the tax forms, that you can get by calling CRA and requesting. If however, you have not filed ANY tax at all, it may be beneficial to talk to a tax agent and file for all the previous years, no matter what the income level is.

Hope this helps and others can add value to this as well.

Cheers and good luck.
thanks for replying. So, does it mean that what ever job I would be doing, it doesn't matter part time or full time. Can I file tax papers with late fees on returning to canada

How soon can I file her application week after landing or month after landing or more

One more thing I am not in the country since one year and 4 months. Will it be okay as I think I am still a permanent resident to file her application.

I read somewhere that you need to stay for 2 years in a span of 5 years. I actually came back to get married but unfortunately it took a long time to search a good partnter who is willing to struggle and survive there.

arjunsingh

Aug 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23 2013
File Transfer...
June 11 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
July 19 2013
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
anshuman said:

thanks in advance

a) there is no limit to as how long you should have been working. you can file the application asap.
b)the fact you are working is fine regardless of income. you can ask them to give you a job letter, stating how long you been working there.
c) are you filing your taxes? you will attach yoiur tax return with file; regardless of income earned.

this info is based on my knowledge and that of my lawyer also. even if you are not working you can still apply, however, you should not be on any welfare benefits (social assistance). so if your showing tax return of 2012 that you filed in april 2013, you should not have been on welfare as of jan 2012.
hope this helps.
i suggest you also get a second opinion.

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Myrah7 said:
Thx prasamp for the clarification I haven't ordered for notes so I have no clue....this is what I have been reading all over Canadian forums lots of mixed reviews.....ppl don't specify electronic or paper files so its kinda confusing....
Your Welcome :)

I know this one of the grey area. I am still 99% sure with my understanding...but again with CIC uncertainty is the keyword... you can be of not sure with that 1% also.

But yes with the work i have done on this topic GCMS does help sometimes doesn help sometimes.

arjunsingh

Aug 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23 2013
File Transfer...
June 11 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
July 19 2013
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
anshuman said:
thanks for replying. So, does it mean that what ever job I would be doing, it doesn't matter part time or full time. Can I file tax papers with late fees on returning to canada

How soon can I file her application week after landing or month after landing or more

One more thing I am not in the country since one year and 4 months. Will it be okay as I think I am still a permanent resident to file her application.

I read somewhere that you need to stay for 2 years in a span of 5 years. I actually came back to get married but unfortunately it took a long time to search a good partnter who is willing to struggle and survive there.
it all sounds a little complicated. consult a good lawyer.

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
arjunsingh said:
anshuman said:

thanks in advance

a) there is no limit to as how long you should have been working. you can file the application asap.
b)the fact you are working is fine regardless of income. you can ask them to give you a job letter, stating how long you been working there.
c) are you filing your taxes? you will attach yoiur tax return with file; regardless of income earned.

this info is based on my knowledge and that of my lawyer also. even if you are not working you can still apply, however, you should not be on any welfare benefits (social assistance). so if your showing tax return of 2012 that you filed in april 2013, you should not have been on welfare as of jan 2012.
hope this helps.
i suggest you also get a second opinion.
thanks for replying, I stayed there for short time and came back after getting card to get married. Not there for more than a year. So never went on social assistance. I read and got to know that I need to be there for 2 years in 5 years to be a resident. I will go now, find a job, deposit money in the bank. I will take second opinion as suggested by you. Kindly let me know more if you have something else that I must know before applying

schwrizer

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process since Oct 26
anshuman said:

Talk to the tax agent. If you do not owe tax to the government, you will not have to pay a late fee. But you should apply for them definitely.
You can apply as soon as you get the letter from CRA with the document that you require to attach with the application, as long as you have all the other paper work done and completed.

The 2 years in 5 years condition is valid only to maintain your PR status in Canada. If you are still a PR, you are good to apply for your spouse.