Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon with the grace of god -in process since December 3rd
LANDED..........
Next day I get my passport with visa
Please read this reply from pafso to tony clement. http://www.pafso.com/_includes/ckfinder/userfiles/files/26-7-13%20PAFSO%20response%20to%20TBS.pdf

singh_j

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
May 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
26 July 2013 - Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: PAFSO Responds to Government's Rejection of Arbitration
Shortly before noon today, PAFSO received a letter from the President of the Treasury Board in which he rejected our offer of binding arbitration. Minister Clement’s decision was based on the grounds that PAFSO would not accept all six of the preconditions he wanted to impose on the arbitration process.

The Canadian public must understand two key facts:

Two of Treasury Board’s preconditions were so paralyzing that their acceptance would have predetermined the outcome of arbitration in the Government’s favour and negated the purpose and integrity of the process. Specifically, they wanted to exclude from consideration any mention of other professional groups in government who perform the same work as us – often in neighbouring offices – which has been at the heart of our position since day one.

PAFSO made a reasonable and responsible effort at finding common ground by accepting two of the six preconditions, and committing to a goodwill gesture – a suspension of service withdrawals while arbitration is ongoing – which would have satisfied a third.
Let us be clear: PAFSO has not rejected binding arbitration. We offered it in the first place. We agreed to pursue it even with three of Treasury Board’s preconditions. This offer still stands.

If Minister Clement truly believes his offer is “fair and reasonable”, he would not have shied away from arbitration without preconditions. Rather, he would have welcomed the opportunity to submit his offer to independent scrutiny. Instead, he sought to stack the deck in his favour by cherry-picking criteria which would have favoured Treasury Board’s position. He is trying to tilt the playing field to the Government’s advantage, and is clearly uninterested in a fair contest.

The Government has reached tentative agreements in two other long-outstanding contract negotiations during the last month, and will return to the table on Monday to address a third. PAFSO is one of the smallest unions in the federal government. Equal pay for our members could be achieved for $4.2 million – 1.5% of the impact this strike is having on the tourism sector alone. PAFSO can only conclude that the Government is behaving prejudicially toward the Foreign Service and is therefore negotiating in bad faith. This should be of serious concern to all Canadians.

Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada’s fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

We take no pleasure whatsoever in these strike actions and their real, severe, and mounting effects on the Canadian economy. But it should now be evident to all Canadians that from this point forward the Government of Canada bears sole and complete responsibility for these impacts. PAFSO has made every reasonable effort to resolve this situation; the Government has not. PAFSO encourages all individuals, businesses, and industry associations with a stake in the outcome of our dispute to intervene with the Government and urge them to bargain freely and flexibly with their own employees.

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Published on 26/07/2013 - 5:00pm

Canadian diplomats reject arbitration and paralyzed conditions immigration work from Monday

Negotiations were again chock between the Federal Government and diplomatic workers Canada . Starting Monday paralyzed activities in various parts of the country.

PAFSO / APase , the union representing more than 1,300 workers diplomats in the country announced Friday its rejection of the position taken by the Office of Treasury about the invitation to resolve the dispute through arbitration.

Both sides have been negotiating a new collective agreement for several years. The union claims that its workers earn on average between $ 3,000 and $ 14,000 per year less than other public workers with similar qualifications.

But the Federal Government says that the proposal is fair for several months.

The union proposed to resolve the dispute through an arbitrator, to which Ottawa responded positively, but subject to certain conditions , which is unacceptable to PAFSO / APase.

So starting Monday indefinitely paralyze their activities in 15 embassies and consulates that process visas to come to the country. These are: Mexico City, Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Cairo, New Delhi / Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo and Shanghai.

Qualifying this decision as a measure to "persuade the Government to arbitration is being responsibly to resolve the conflict. "

This stoppage will worsen the situation for thousands of people waiting for their visas, from tourists, students and even immigrants who wait for permanent residence. The stoppages, rotating far, and have generated long waits and have overloaded the system .

"We placental these measures strike and its real and severe impact on the Canadian economy , but at this point it should be clear to all Canadians that the Government of Canada currently has the entire responsibility for these impacts, "says a statement of the union.

"PAFSO / APase encourages all individuals, businesses and industries that suffer the consequences of this dispute to intervene with the government and urge them to negotiate freely and flexibly with their own employees," the statement sent to the media.

An explanation of the problem

Earlier this week the Federal Government had accepted the union's proposal to resolve the dispute through an arbitrator . However, introduced a number of conditions for which arbitration is carried forward.

For example, asked that the increases proposed by the referee did not move from the margins " fair "that considers the government, ranging from 1.5% for each of the first three years . Similarly the amounts limited by "voluntary redundancy", in the case of resignations or retirements.

It also limited the ability of the union to compare their situation with other federal workers , considering that under the laws of this comparison is not possible, since certain factors are unique diplomatic workers.

It also asked the workers to immediately return to duty while conducting the arbitration process.

The union rejected most of these conditions, especially those that allow workers to compare their work with other Canadian government workers as a way to justify higher wages.

However, accepted patterned increases to 1.5% despite that qualify under the country's economic situation and inflation.

"Two of the preconditions of the Treasury Office were so crippling that its acceptance would have predetermined the outcome of arbitration in favor of the government and have denied the meaning and integrity of the process , "says PAFSO / APase.

Remains to be seen what the government's position before this new strike. The Federal Government has the option to introduce back to work legislation to force the return to work. Francois Fournier, union spokesman told News Montreal a few days ago that in such a scenario would have to respect the law, "but we hope you do not have to come to that."

---Twitter: @ PabloJinko - pablo@noticiasmontreal.com

http://noticiasmontreal.com/105947/diplomaticos-canadienses-rechazan-condiciones-del-arbitraje-y-paralizaran-labores-de-inmigracion-a-partir-del-lunes/#.UfLkQn7VC3w.twitter

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
The letters sent between PAFSO and Treasury Board can be found here: http://www.scribd.com/iPoliticsCA

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
The following is my opinion on the whole situation:
PAFSO expects government to pay the foreign members the same as those working in Canada. I disagree with that because living expenses are much lower in the other countries compared to Canada. It's like an engineer working in India expecting to get the same salary as the engineer working in Canada with same qualifications which is not correct.
What do you guys think?

Richie Robert

Mar 19, 2013
Hi,
Please advise.
I missed sending the Photo copies and birth certificate while sending the application and the documents to Mississauga. Is there any way i can send it now? please advise. What do I have to do now.
(Spousal PR) I missed to attach my wife visa specification photo copies. your help is really appreciated.

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Richie Robert said:
Hi,
Please advise.
I missed sending the Photo copies and birth certificate while sending the application and the documents to Mississauga. Is there any way i can send it now? please advise. What do I have to do now.
(Spousal PR) I missed to attach my wife visa specification photo copies. your help is really appreciated.
When did you mail your application to CIC-M? Do you have a application number or UCI number?

Richie Robert

Mar 19, 2013
What is that? UCI number? i mailed it today evening at 4:45pm. Its gonna reach Mississauga on Monday 29 July 2013.
Please help I'm really worried.

08jas11

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mum_girl said:
Published on 26/07/2013 - 5:00pm

Canadian diplomats reject arbitration and paralyzed conditions immigration work from Monday

Negotiations were again chock between the Federal Government and diplomatic workers Canada . Starting Monday paralyzed activities in various parts of the country.

PAFSO / APase , the union representing more than 1,300 workers diplomats in the country announced Friday its rejection of the position taken by the Office of Treasury about the invitation to resolve the dispute through arbitration.

Both sides have been negotiating a new collective agreement for several years. The union claims that its workers earn on average between $ 3,000 and $ 14,000 per year less than other public workers with similar qualifications.

But the Federal Government says that the proposal is fair for several months.

The union proposed to resolve the dispute through an arbitrator, to which Ottawa responded positively, but subject to certain conditions , which is unacceptable to PAFSO / APase.

So starting Monday indefinitely paralyze their activities in 15 embassies and consulates that process visas to come to the country. These are: Mexico City, Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Cairo, New Delhi / Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo and Shanghai.

Qualifying this decision as a measure to "persuade the Government to arbitration is being responsibly to resolve the conflict. "

This stoppage will worsen the situation for thousands of people waiting for their visas, from tourists, students and even immigrants who wait for permanent residence. The stoppages, rotating far, and have generated long waits and have overloaded the system .

"We placental these measures strike and its real and severe impact on the Canadian economy , but at this point it should be clear to all Canadians that the Government of Canada currently has the entire responsibility for these impacts, "says a statement of the union.

"PAFSO / APase encourages all individuals, businesses and industries that suffer the consequences of this dispute to intervene with the government and urge them to negotiate freely and flexibly with their own employees," the statement sent to the media.

An explanation of the problem

Earlier this week the Federal Government had accepted the union's proposal to resolve the dispute through an arbitrator . However, introduced a number of conditions for which arbitration is carried forward.

For example, asked that the increases proposed by the referee did not move from the margins " fair "that considers the government, ranging from 1.5% for each of the first three years . Similarly the amounts limited by "voluntary redundancy", in the case of resignations or retirements.

It also limited the ability of the union to compare their situation with other federal workers , considering that under the laws of this comparison is not possible, since certain factors are unique diplomatic workers.

It also asked the workers to immediately return to duty while conducting the arbitration process.

The union rejected most of these conditions, especially those that allow workers to compare their work with other Canadian government workers as a way to justify higher wages.

However, accepted patterned increases to 1.5% despite that qualify under the country's economic situation and inflation.

"Two of the preconditions of the Treasury Office were so crippling that its acceptance would have predetermined the outcome of arbitration in favor of the government and have denied the meaning and integrity of the process , "says PAFSO / APase.

Remains to be seen what the government's position before this new strike. The Federal Government has the option to introduce back to work legislation to force the return to work. Francois Fournier, union spokesman told News Montreal a few days ago that in such a scenario would have to respect the law, "but we hope you do not have to come to that."

---Twitter: @ PabloJinko - pablo @ noticiasmontreal.com

http://noticiasmontreal.com/105947/diplomaticos-canadienses-rechazan-condiciones-del-arbitraje-y-paralizaran-labores-de-inmigracion-a-partir-del-lunes/#.UfLkQn7VC3w.twitter

Ohh god dis means they not gonna work at all...I mean not even a lilt hope for our visa being stamped...this sounds so negativ....

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Richie Robert said:
What is that? UCI number? i mailed it today evening at 4:45pm. Its gonna reach Mississauga on Monday 29 July 2013.
Please help I'm really worried.
UCI stands for Unique Client Identifier which will be on any correspondence you receive from CIC, now since you've submitted your application just today, I would suggest that you wait until you hear from them via email or mail, they would include a application number or a UCI number when they'll respond. Upon receiving that number then I would suggest that you attach a cover letter along with the documents which you missed sending out and don't forget to mention the UCI number or Application number in the letter so that they can include the missing documents along with the rest of the file.

This is the best solution I can think of as of now.

Senior members can also add/suggest something else in this case.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your application !!!

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
08jas11 said:

Ohh god dis means they not gonna work at all...I mean not even a lilt hope for our visa being stamped...this sounds so negativ....
I know...hope they come up with some solution during this weekend. Otherwise there's no other option but to wait until monday.

08jas11

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mum_girl said:
I know...hope they come up with some solution during this weekend. Otherwise there's no other option but to wait until monday.

Hmmm...dats really sad ...situation is getting worse and worse... :( :(

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
08jas11 said:
Hmmm...dats really sad ...situation is getting worse and worse... :( :(
Sadly yes :(

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
08jas11 said:
mum_girl said:
Sadly yes :(
[/quote

Now we can't even send any queries or notes also....m so stressed....
No point in being stressed about anything coz nothing is in our hands. We've done our diligence now all we need to do is wait and watch. We waited for such a long time, guess some more waiting is required on our part until we receive some good news...lets just pray this time we don't have to wait for long. Relax all will be well. Good luck with your application !!!