24-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..
Hello Mannat,

I am expecting an interview anyways as through my research I have found out that most interacial cases such as mine are called for one.

It is not about inviting them, they couldn't be here as they all stay at Canada. Furthermore, we will have a reception at Canada for her relatives and friends, after I move there(Info will be provided in the application).

Thanks for your help, ill include some important emails to prove the timeline.

Regards,
DJ

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends, :) :) :) :)

I am a P.R from Toronto who wants to sponser my new born( in Hyderabad).
I want BOTH my wife(she is P.R) & son to land in Toronto as soon as possible. What is the best method. (P.R / Visitor)
What will be the real time duration for each case & how much funds should be shown????

I am working as Sr.Recruiter for IT firm & will be more then happy to provide you any information that I can..... :) :) :) :)

Regards
Destined

apple85

Jan 5, 2013
background check how does it take in new Delhi office and after that how long to send out visa with passport and on my ecas under permeant resident application it doesn't say in process only medical received ?

any help any one thanks i did a outside application

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
How exciting to be on the thread as I will be mailing our application tomorrow. My husband is Indian, and I am Canadian. We have two kids together and I just moved back to Canada after living with him for 3 years in Hyderabad.

I have 2 important questions, since I plan to mail everything tomorrow I hope I can get a swift answer.

We have 2 children together, both are Canadian Citizens. IN the India specific information it asks for birth certificates and passports or permanent residency proof of the dependents. Does he need to add this in his application since our kids are Canadian and in Canada with me? I can certainly add their birth certificates which show both of our names as the parents which might show the genuineness of our relationship, but is it mandatory? I don't want any hold ups whatsoever. It is extremely difficult having him away from me and the kids as it is.

Second question: We lived together for over 3 years as a married couple in Hyderabad, so obviously I don't have emails, or plane tickets to show our relationship, just our lease showing we lived together, and pictures of us together and our kids. The only emails I have with him are when I went to visit Canada during our marriage. Do I need to include these? I've included Imessage and skype chats/calls from the time we have been separated (since Nov 2012). Will pictures be enough with his family, and our kids? I mean married couples who live together rarely email each other.

Any last minute advice would be great. So excited to finally get this package out. All is done except these few things.... I just hope it takes less than a year!!

Great to have found this thread! Good luck to everyone.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Day Folks,

I am waiting for my wife PCC which is already being mailed. I will be applying by the end of this week.

My case

Already did medicals in India- Upfront medical exam.
The hospital still claimed for Appendix-c even if canadian govt. says not needed.
We paid 3100 to the hospital for the check up.

Couple of last minute questions.

1) My wife permanent address in all her records is Y city , A Province , India(From her birth )
Her current address for work is X city , A Province, India.( more than 6 months)
We have got in a PCC for the Y city which is permanent. This being the same province should I also get another PCC for X city?
If the answer is yes , can i send the PCC seperate (along with the profile of our application and a covering letter)directly to new delhi once the file is sent to New delhi ?

2) My case is I will be inviting her to Quebec as I am down here. Will be approval as a sponsor take more time than persons who invite their family to non-quebec provinces? If so how many days delay?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mickey

tenzin Namgyal

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 2013
Med's Done....
august 2013
Interview........
Don't know
Passport Req..
22 December 2013
mickeyindia said:
Good Day Folks,

I am waiting for my wife PCC which is already being mailed. I will be applying by the end of this week.

My case

Already did medicals in India- Upfront medical exam.
The hospital still claimed for Appendix-c even if canadian govt. says not needed.
We paid 3100 to the hospital for the check up.

Couple of last minute questions.

1) My wife permanent address in all her records is Y city , A Province , India(From her birth )
Her current address for work is X city , A Province, India.( more than 6 months)
We have got in a PCC for the Y city which is permanent. This being the same province should I also get another PCC for X city?
If the answer is yes , can i send the PCC seperate (along with the profile of our application and a covering letter)directly to new delhi once the file is sent to New delhi ?

2) My case is I will be inviting her to Quebec as I am down here. Will be approval as a sponsor take more time than persons who invite their family to non-quebec provinces? If so how many days delay?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mickey
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests

For districts other than the Punjab:
Applicants should contact the local Senior Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent of Police/ Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Police, the Additional Commissioner of Police, or the Station House Officer (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable.

For residents of the Punjab:
Only the Senior Superintendent of Police or the Regional Passport Office may sign a Police Clearance Certificate.

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

guddi

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-march-2013
AOR Received.
16-march-2013
File Transfer...
04-april-2013
Med's Done....
11-feb-2013
Passport Req..
25-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
My husband has PR of Canada. He will submit my application on 21st of February from Canada.
My application will send to New Delhi, India visa office from canada.
How much time it will take to get my PR ?

mannatdel

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-13
VISA ISSUED...
decision made 28-06-13
@ Guddi

Welcome to this forum!

After submission of your file, it will take around 15 days to get AOR i.e acknowledgement of receipt.After that you will get sponsorship approval if all the documents are complete.If they found something missing and incomplete form, they will return your application and ask to re-submit.

After sponsorship approval they will transfer your application to ND.

Every Application is unique and different from each other and so is the processing time. Many Applicants received passport back with visa within 4 months from the date of application. But in general now a days at New Delhi they issue PR anywhere from 4 to 6 months time after the transfer of the file.

Feel free to ask any question.

All the best!
Mannat

Iranas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
29 Jan 2013
File Transfer...
20 Feb 2013
Med's Request
2 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
15 Jan 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP : 26th October
Hi,
I have just received an email from ICI stating that they received my Application on 29th Jan 2013.
And havent got any furher notices regarding my sponsors approval..
Generally how long does it take from application acceptance to Sponsor approval and File ransfer?

Is it true that delhi hold our passports at least for 4 months. What if we need to travel to other country during that period. As i have to frequently visit other countries like once in 2 months.

Ideas plz...
Jraved

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI tenzin Namgyal ,

Thanks for your information.

I am sorry to be more detailed.
I got a PCC for the same state/province but from a different city which is my wife's permanent address.
Should I obtain another PCC for the city she is currently living for more than 6 months in the same state/province?

Thanks,
Mickey

tenzin Namgyal

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 2013
Med's Done....
august 2013
Interview........
Don't know
Passport Req..
22 December 2013
mickeyindia said:
HI tenzin Namgyal ,

Thanks for your information.

I am sorry to be more detailed.
I got a PCC for the same state/province but from a different city which is my wife's permanent address.

Should I obtain another PCC for the city she is currently living for more than 6 months in the same state/province?

Thanks,
Mickey
If she is currently staying in her permanent address, yes you have ask for PCC from it coz she is resident and if she is not staying in her permanent address then she is not resident. PCC should be from the place of resident..read below coz they point out RESIDENT

Local Requests

For districts other than the Punjab:
Applicants should contact the local Senior Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent of Police/ Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Police, the Additional Commissioner of Police, or the Station House Officer (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable.

For residents of the Punjab:
Only the Senior Superintendent of Police or the Regional Passport Office may sign a Police Clearance Certificate.

I think six months restriction apply to countries, not to different states within the country.

I think you need to ask GulzarND and mannatdel coz they have already started the process..

Thanks

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
I submitted my application today!! What a relief and such a big job putting that together. Now it's just waiting. I hope the process goes fairly quick, as my husband and I have two children and it's difficult him being away from them.

I am praying he will be here by the end of the year!! Fingers crossed. Glad to have this board.

By the way..how do I add my visa office and timeline to my avatar on the left? I tried to figure it out but it won't let me make any changes! Can anyone offer some guidance?

pgm

Oct 10, 2011
Hi Gulzar,
You did a very good job to start this new forum. I am also 2013 applicant. Can you have any idea how long NDVO take time for passport request in these days. Thanks.

tenzin Namgyal

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 2013
Med's Done....
august 2013
Interview........
Don't know
Passport Req..
22 December 2013
right top side of home page there is 'profile' click on it.

On the left side under Modify profile click on 'Forum profile information'..

There you are...

skas13 said:
I submitted my application today!! What a relief and such a big job putting that together. Now it's just waiting. I hope the process goes fairly quick, as my husband and I have two children and it's difficult him being away from them.

I am praying he will be here by the end of the year!! Fingers crossed. Glad to have this board.

By the way..how do I add my visa office and timeline to my avatar on the left? I tried to figure it out but it won't let me make any changes! Can anyone offer some guidance?