New Delhi - 2012 applicants

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_4visa said:
Thanks for the info...I have applied on 11th this month. Please tell me after how many days do they generally send 2nd PPR if we have missed 1st PPR.
You should receive your GCMS notes by 10th of next month.

As far as I know, from the experience of most people on this forum, they will NOT send another PPR.
People have been waiting several months, and don't get a second PPR if you missed the first PPR. You have to find out from the GCMS, whether they sent first PPR, and then send them your passport. But right now, seeing the news about complete withdrawal of services (i.e. strike), I cannot advice that you should blindly send your passport.

falcon123

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Need some help please.

File transfer was done in October 2012.
Passport with CIC - New Delhi since November 2012.
Medical results have expired on 8 July 2013.
And now the strike is going on as well.

What should I do?

1) Should I send an email to CIC ND...if yes, then what should I tell them?
2) Should I contact the MP of my area?
3) Should I order GCMS notes? (Can someone please tell me the procedure/website to order GCMS notes?)

Thanks for any help.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
falcon123 said:
Hello all,

Need some help please.

File transfer was done in October 2012.
Passport with CIC - New Delhi since November 2012.
Medical results have expired on 8 July 2013.
And now the strike is going on as well.

What should I do?

1) Should I send an email to CIC ND...if yes, then what should I tell them?
2) Should I contact the MP of my area?
3) Should I order GCMS notes? (Can someone please tell me the procedure/website to order GCMS notes?)

Thanks for any help.
1) Sure but won't matter as many are sending emails for inquiry and they don't reply back for statuses that often
2) Sure but won't do much, due to strike
3) Check my signature on how to order

Thousands of files in the limbo due to strike so its not out of the ordinary for this delay, nothing will expedite your file and if they need meds they will contact you but that can also be delayed due to strike, don't go for meds again pre-emptively, wait for GCMS and see what it says IF officer picked the file on due date ( which again can be delayed due to strike )

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
Latest on PAFSO Strike...​

Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada's fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

It looks like CIC is now ruining our lives...... :mad: :mad: :mad:

sallyander

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2012
AOR Received.
15/01/2013
File Transfer...
15/01/2013
Med's Done....
22/04/2013
Passport Req..
02/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
May be soon
Re: PLEASE HELP !!!! HOW DO I HANDLE THE GCMS QUERY..JUST COULD NOT FOLLOW ANYTHING

maplegal86 said:
The applicant has to fill out a form that allows the sponsor to request for information. The form is IMM5744.

Applicant has to sign it and send a scanned copy to them so that they can pull your information.
Hi,

My husband is sponsoring me and our child. So I need to fill the form IMM5744 sign it. scan it and send to my husband in canada. He then signs it and sends to them. Thats wht you mean?

Do reply.

~Sally

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Re: PLEASE HELP !!!! HOW DO I HANDLE THE GCMS QUERY..JUST COULD NOT FOLLOW ANYTHING

sallyander said:
Hi,

My husband is sponsoring me and our child. So I need to fill the form IMM5744 sign it. scan it and send to my husband in canada. He then signs it and sends to them. Thats wht you mean?

Do reply.

~Sally
Yes. That's right.

You should get your GCMS notes within 30 days. Best of luck!

jot1988

Star Member
May 5, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
29 May 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2012
Med's Done....
24 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26 June 2012 (Received by New Delhi VO on 28 June 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2012
LANDED..........
9 Sep 2012
Hey guys,
I am in Canada right now and a pr holder.
I want to change my last name to my husband's last on my passport.
Does anyone know the procedure??
Thanks

n4dpatel

Dec 13, 2012
ottawa, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
Doc's Request.
none..
AOR Received.
Dec. 6, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Request
sent wid application/ re-meds May 22m 2014
Med's Done....
Sept. 2 2012./ RE- MEDS May 29, 2014
Interview........
MAY 19TH, 2014 IN PROCESS MAY 19 2014
Passport Req..
FOUND OUT AFTER 8 MONTH..DUE IN MARCH 2013. SENT IN NOV. 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM!!! JUNE 20 2014
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR PP
This is good new for Visa offices remain open
PAFSO responded that they couldn't accept that condition since fighting for "equal pay for equal work" is the precise reason they are on strike. Edwards said foreign service officers are trying to close the wage gap with other government workers who do the same jobs working as policy analysts, economists, lawyers or other positions but get paid more.

PAFSO said it would accept three of the conditions, but Treasury Board said it had to accept them all.

"We are disappointed that the union has refused our reasonable offer," a spokesman for Clement said Monday. "Our government is committed to bargaining in good faith, unlike the union, which has breached good faith bargaining principles by releasing confidential negotiating documents."

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said all visa offices remain open and are providing service. The department has hired temporary staff to process applications. It is training existing staff from the department on an urgent basis so they can work on visas and some staff are working overtime.

"CIC is also shifting more work to Canada and to overseas offices that have additional capacity," a spokeswoman for immigration minister Chris Alexander said.

The department is urging people who need a visa to apply as early as possible.

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
n4dpatel said:
PAFSO responded that they couldn't accept that condition since fighting for "equal pay for equal work" is the precise reason they are on strike. Edwards said foreign service officers are trying to close the wage gap with other government workers who do the same jobs working as policy analysts, economists, lawyers or other positions but get paid more.

PAFSO said it would accept three of the conditions, but Treasury Board said it had to accept them all.

"We are disappointed that the union has refused our reasonable offer," a spokesman for Clement said Monday. "Our government is committed to bargaining in good faith, unlike the union, which has breached good faith bargaining principles by releasing confidential negotiating documents."

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said all visa offices remain open and are providing service. The department has hired temporary staff to process applications. It is training existing staff from the department on an urgent basis so they can work on visas and some staff are working overtime.

"CIC is also shifting more work to Canada and to overseas offices that have additional capacity," a spokeswoman for immigration minister Chris Alexander said.

These are very technical details.... Hope they comes to terms soon............................

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
n4dpatel said:

PAFSO is planning to picket outside Harper's office today. I suggest today everyone send Harper an email right now and let him know your story. Only when they are bombarded by emails and their servers can't keep up will they realise our situation and act on it.

I'm not moving to a democratic country for nothing.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
jot1988 said:
Hey guys,
I am in Canada right now and a pr holder.
I want to change my last name to my husband's last on my passport.
Does anyone know the procedure??
Thanks
It is very easy. if you got married in Canada, just send the record of solemnization of marriage along with application of re-issue of passport. If you married overseas, attached your registration of marriage.

Reeyan

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 30-2012
File Transfer...
Nov 30 2012
Interview........
done!
Passport Req..
March 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM today/ Rcvd visa June 22
LANDED..........
LAnding ASAP
Applied Oct 2012.

I really hope they call us before my medical expires. My medical expires in Sep so, Hopefully god will help us.

Atleast they have been calling people from 2012 whos medical is expiring soon.... :'(

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
I got a reply from the PM's office within hours saying they have reviewed my concerns and forwarded the email to Chris Alexander and Tony Clement.

Next step, to get Chris Alexander on board.

n4dpatel

Dec 13, 2012
ottawa, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
Doc's Request.
none..
AOR Received.
Dec. 6, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Request
sent wid application/ re-meds May 22m 2014
Med's Done....
Sept. 2 2012./ RE- MEDS May 29, 2014
Interview........
MAY 19TH, 2014 IN PROCESS MAY 19 2014
Passport Req..
FOUND OUT AFTER 8 MONTH..DUE IN MARCH 2013. SENT IN NOV. 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM!!! JUNE 20 2014
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR PP
Reeyan said:
Applied Oct 2012.

I really hope they call us before my medical expires. My medical expires in Sep so, Hopefully god will help us.

Atleast they have been calling people from 2012 whos medical is expiring soon.... :'(

Hey Reeyan me too I'm an oct 2012 applicant... I also hope they do call us.. Also my hubbys medical expire. 1 st week of september..

Hey reeyan

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
n4dpatel said:
Hey Reeyan me too I'm an oct 2012 applicant... I also hope they do call us.. Also my hubbys medical expire. 1 st week of september..

Hey reeyan
STOP! WASTING YOUR TIME MY FRIENDS BY POSTING HERE FOR HOPE THIS............HOPE THAT........... AS IF THEY ARE GOING TO CALL ANYONE US ANY TIME SOON.
IT's BEEN CONFIRMED THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BE REMAIN ON STRIKE TILL SEPTEMBER, 2013. I AM SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!