22/04/2013
Passport Req..
02/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
May be soon
jainanchal said:
Today is our first Marriage anniversary, and unfortunately we are not together, but there's nothing better than the Passport in Hand with CANADA VISA on it...and I told my wife, given the situation, this is the best Anniversary Gift we could get :)...I know for future she is soon going to get busy with packing shopping meeting and greeting all...but I just can't wait for her here...

If we really look at my timeline, I know it took only 5 months, but forget the months, each week passing by was killing me softly...
and for most of us I can totally understand the pain of not knowing what is happening with the file, not knowing if there's been any update or not, not knowing if they even received the application or not...
it does become easy for us (people who get the VISAs) to say that patience pays off, but we do need a platform to take it out among people, among friends who can understand us and can relate to us, and that's what this forum has given me, and I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to all who not only just read/listen to me but replied to my queries as well, helped me maintain patience and look forward in a positive manner...I know collectively you all have helped me and I hope I am able to help-in as well...

My knowledge is limited to my case only, but reading along the forum and learning details, I can try to answer if anything comes across in future...

In the end, I just want to say, keep positivity and faith alive, these are two strong pillars that we all need to pass this waiting time...try not to let incomplete information bother you...and keep up the good work... :)

ps...I am from Vancouver, if ever given a chance and anyone from you moving there, we should try to meet up and at least say hello to each other...

Though Late Wishing you a Very VERY HAPPY MARRIAGE ANNIVERSARY !!!!

A very nice and well written piece of prose so to say.Its really inspiring. Thanks for the Motivation and the Advises tht you have been imparting to all of us in the forum.

I wish you a great life ahead. God Bless . AMEN !!!!

prithiv

Sep 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Doc's Request.
dated 21-01-2013, received on 28-01-2012
File Transfer...
23-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
09-05-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2012
cal2can said:
Sad news..... After a long wait for 9 months our file is rejected :( n the reason as they state is that our marriage is not legal under Hindu marriage act coz my wife is a foreigner buddhist & I am a Indian sikh (we both come under hindus as per the hindu marriage act, coz else why the f*** we wud register our marriage under hindu act & why the f****** registrar wud register our marriage under hindu marriage act)!!! To support this fact we had sent further documentation which was sent well within the time stipulated!!!

But as per their letter it seems they havent recieved or looked the documents we sent.... Coz the decision has been taken based on the interview, n they also lied that I said in the interview that my wife is a christian which I in my wildest dreamz wont say coz thats not true... Now i have emailed them and also sending the package again coz this is unfair that they take the decision without cheking the docs...

Guys apart from this we are thinking to re-apply rather than appeal!!! What's ur views on this?????
I'm very sorry cal2can :'( :(

prithiv

Sep 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
Doc's Request.
dated 21-01-2013, received on 28-01-2012
File Transfer...
23-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
09-05-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2012
Hi all a small update, i was been called for interview on may 9th, but today i received a phone call from VO to inform that my interview has been postponed to 17th of June :'(, i already booked flight tickets to Delhi and now i have to cancel it :( wast of money. And the most paining part is i thought i would be with my wife on her birthday if the interview goes well... i think of something, but what happens is totally different :'( :'( :'(

mb2012

Sep 6, 2012
Hello All,

My first time posting in this topic.

My spouse application ( spouse and child ) got decision Made status on April 25th. And the address showing up for my India address. in eCas, should it show Canada address, let me know.

How much time does it take from here to recieve the passports. Kindly let me know, I have booked spouse and child flight tickets on 23rd may to CANADA

Thanks in advance.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
prithiv said:
Hi all a small update, i was been called for interview on may 9th, but today i received a phone call from VO to inform that my interview has been postponed to 17th of June :'(, i already booked flight tickets to Delhi and now i have to cancel it :( wast of money. And the most paining part is i thought i would be with my wife on her birthday if the interview goes well... i think of something, but what happens is totally different :'( :'( :'(
OMG! :'( :'( :'( I am very sorry to read this prithiv :( Can you not get in touch with them saying you already have purchased your plane tickets to go there for the initial date? Maybe they can retract the new date back to the original date seeing that you already have your plane tickets? Doesn't hurt to ask my dear friend. I am praying for you and your wife for a sucessful interview and that you will get your original date back. xoxoxoxo :-* :D ((((((((((((((((Sending huge positive vibes to you)))))))))))))))) Take care my friend. I am off to see hubby soon and I will see an Immi lawyer the day after I get back. My appeal will be in Vancouver. Just waiting to receive news of a hearing date..... sigh..... and the beat goes on... sigh..... ;D

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
prithiv said:

Ohhh.....thats a saddening news coz of added time in the delay....Do u have any idea as why the interview is being conducted???

Is ur case different from any normal one that is why they called for interview ,,,,or is it just a random pick on u...???

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muksi said:
Since you know the certificate was delivered through blue dart, you can wait for DM. Normally they wont send any confirmation for receiving passports, documents. Even if you send mail they may not respond or will take a long time. Calling them wont help either. But there is nothing wrong in trying if still want to.
Thanks! muksi for your quick response... :)

But, normally how long does it take for them to make "DM" on spouse sponsorship application.. Any idea..? I am sure every application and case is separate and the time frame is different too..

Thanks!

abhat

Aug 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
02-28-2013 (re-med)
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-12
Interview........
18-02-13
Passport Req..
18-06-2012
I am so..so...so..pissed off.

Just called mp, they got an e-mail a WEEK ago and finally today they give me the info.

Pending background checks..that's fine... but they lost our RPRF AGAIN....IN FEBRUARY. They lost it last june...and f*****g again after his interview. and it's been over 2 months and I only find out after badgering the MP...who was incredibly rude to me again.

just so upset...this stupid little thing is delaying the final process..

Reeyan

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 30-2012
File Transfer...
Nov 30 2012
Interview........
done!
Passport Req..
March 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM today/ Rcvd visa June 22
LANDED..........
LAnding ASAP
@ Muksi

Your time line is same as mine. I have been waiting for almost 7 months now. Why do you think they are taking so long to change my husband's status?? Whats our next step?? In my husband ecas..it only says app rcvd. It says app rcvd and decision made in my Ecas..
Do you have any travel history?? My husband has a lot of travel history since he is a business man but he doesnt stay more then 2 weeks. ???

ANy idea when should i expect my husband passport back with Visa??

nikb

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Dear friends :

checked ecas this morning.the status for us has changed from "IN PROCESS" to " Decision Made" reflecting Canada as current address.How ever the address only reflects city,state and canada and not the full address.(hope and pray that its positive and its done,and we get the passport soon)

Please update the sheet accordingly.

I have question ,your input on this would be really appriciated:

is it advisable to pre-fill IMM 5444E form.If yes ,
1)what dates to fill for address history /travel history(it asks for Your address history for the past 5 years or if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, your address history since becoming a permanent resident)

2)what dates to fill for Section 22 (RESIDENCY APPLICATION)If you have been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more, list your absences from Canada in the past five years in the following situations, if applicable. If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago: list absences from the time you became a permanent resident to present.

also,did any of you fill the good to follow list (for cash and jewellery) and how is it supposed to be filled ??do we need exact amounts ?? and pictures for all items? ???

Thanks in advance!!

Oct12

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
26-02-2012
Hey guys , I hv a question.. Is it a time for me to contact MP or order gcms notes?? I really wonder why are they taking soo much time to approve... It has already been seven months ... We both belong to same religion even with same surname ... Her passport also have my name attached with her name ... We have almost lived together for 1 and half years... Enough evidences are there to prove our relationship and she does nt have any travel history except we went for honeymoon outside India for a week only ... Please Guide me guys do I need to worry and ask for notes or contact mp?? Do we have to give any application to mp for that or book am appointment??

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
prithiv said:
That is too bad and unlucky. Wish you all the best for the interview and for getting the visa very fast after that!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
mb2012 said:
Hello All,

My first time posting in this topic.

My spouse application ( spouse and child ) got decision Made status on April 25th. And the address showing up for my India address. in eCas, should it show Canada address, let me know.

How much time does it take from here to recieve the passports. Kindly let me know, I have booked spouse and child flight tickets on 23rd may to CANADA

Thanks in advance.
Ecas will show 2 addresses (Current Home Address - Canada, Mailing address - India). Sometimes ecas updates happen late. Was there any interview or document request regarding any issues in your application.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
aks.asr1 said:
Thanks! muksi for your quick response... :)

But, normally how long does it take for them to make "DM" on spouse sponsorship application.. Any idea..? I am sure every application and case is separate and the time frame is different too..

Thanks!
Approximately 5 to 7 months for normal cases. But there are exceptions too.