Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
sep24.12 said:
Question:
We applied through a consultant, I am sponsoring my husband in India.
Before when we signed in through his File no. It used to show consultant's mailing address and now it changed to his Indian address?

Anyone experienced this before? Just want to know if this means "a step forward"

I check cic and this forum more than I ever checked even facebook before!! it's almost may... hoping for some good news for myself and people over here !!!
Hey! That's looking very good... The address changes at or very close to the time you get DM..

Hey since your husband did the RCMP clearance could you give me the details of it please? Just to help me understand approximately how long it will take.
1) Were his prints taken at NDVO?
2) Did the clearance come to you and did you then send it to NDVO or was it posted directly to the NDVO from the RCMP?
3) How many days did it take him from the day the prints were taken/posted to the day he got his report?
4) Did you contact the RCMP at amy point asking them for the status of the clearance? Was it of any use?

I am so sorry to be bombarding you with questions but there's no one else really whose been through this and I am at a complete loss as to what to expect.

Thanks a lot :)

fatima04

Apr 16, 2013
sep24.12 said:
Congratulation brar.arsh, muksi, fatima, hm82 for your visas!!! must be a big-time relief feeling,,,can't wait to feel the same.
Anyone else who got their visa and I missed, congratulations!!

Question:
We applied through a consultant, I am sponsoring my husband in India.
Before when we signed in through his File no. It used to show consultant's mailing address and now it changed to his Indian address?

Anyone experienced this before? Just want to know if this means "a step forward"

I check cic and this forum more than I ever checked even facebook before!! it's almost may... hoping for some good news for myself and people over here !!!

Thanks a lot sep24.12 , I am sure you will gt d visa soon...seems like the NDVO is finally wide awake and has rolled up its sleeves to have mercy on ppl like us....hope for the best,your husband will be with you soon...same thing has happened to me...my mailing address was my consultant's add....bt now they hv changed my current address to toronto,ontario...n mailing address to my indian address....means u have to wait for the postman to give you the happy news!! Cheers...gudluck!! :) :)

fatima04

Apr 16, 2013
hm82 said:
Congratulations fatima !! Bhai, ab to party honee chahiye :) Wish you all the best for future life in Canada ! Hope you get your passport and be reunited with your spouse soon - Inshallah !

Thanks a lot hm82,well party to aapki zyada banti hai na...u hv got ur visa..rite...im still waiting for the postman to knock at my door!! anyways thanks again...best of luck to you for your life ahead with your spouse :) :)!

sep24.12

Mar 3, 2013
zenn said:
Hey! That's looking very good... The address changes at or very close to the time you get DM..

Hey since your husband did the RCMP clearance could you give me the details of it please? Just to help me understand approximately how long it will take.
2) Did the clearance come to you and did you then send it to NDVO or was it posted directly to the NDVO from the RCMP?
3) How many days did it take him from the day the prints were taken/posted to the day he got his report?
4) Did you contact the RCMP at amy point asking them for the status of the clearance? Was it of any use?

I am so sorry to be bombarding you with questions but there's no one else really whose been through this and I am at a complete loss as to what to expect.

Thanks a lot :)
Hi Zenn,

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's see about the address change is a good sign! Okay so I asked my husband all these questions:

No, he did it through an agency that is recognized in a couple of countries. He knew he had to get it done coz we had a consultant and he had lived in canada for 3 years.

It came to us and we sent it to the NDVO

It took about 17 weeks in total, when my husband got it done, the website said 4 weeks but the wait time kept increasing and got to 18 weeks.
The best way is to look at the website and they do give you approximate time.

My husband would email every couple of weeks, and there was the same automatic reply that due to the rush, they cannot process anything and the average time is 18 weeks - not much use.

I just hope in your case it is a bit faster. Keep your fingers crossed, you never know!!

sep24.12

Mar 3, 2013
Thankyou muksi, chd, fatima

Congrats jainanchal, addcited!

@ Fatima - There is only one address on my husband's profile, his mailing address which was consultant's before but now it is his address.

No current address.

I just hope it is a good sign...nothing changed in my ecas though!

sep24.12

Mar 3, 2013
Patientlywaiting1234 said:
What's your timeline?

App filed : sept 24, 2012 ( delayed 40 days by consultant - we were done our app on Aug 18 not knowing consultant is being lazy, so never file by a consultant I would say - I made a HUGE mistake)
File Transferred to NDVO: Nov 5 or 6, 2012
In Process: March 9, 2013
PPR: March 22, 2013
Still waiting for the final step!

To all:
And What I have heard from consultants etc is that it's the background check that takes long in the file if you have travelled to countries a lot and for more than 6 months.

My consultant also said, reasons why a file can be delayed are:
CIC asking for additional medical tests
If you have not proved enough with your documents, that you relationship is genuine
background checks - because they are done by external agencies, not NDVO.

kimmy87

Jan 13, 2013
hiii
congrats all who got DM :)

have doubt...who got DM now have any travel history before??? if u have travel history our file will takes long..is that true???
am confusing :(

reply plz

Patientlywaiting1234

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Interview........
01-21-2013
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process. 01-25-2013. DM 11-18-13
sep24.12 said:
App filed : sept 24, 2012 ( delayed 40 days by consultant - we were done our app on Aug 18 not knowing consultant is being lazy, so never file by a consultant I would say - I made a HUGE mistake)
File Transferred to NDVO: Nov 5 or 6, 2012
In Process: March 9, 2013
PPR: March 22, 2013
Still waiting for the final step!

To all:
And What I have heard from consultants etc is that it's the background check that takes long in the file if you have travelled to countries a lot and for more than 6 months.

My consultant also said, reasons why a file can be delayed are:
CIC asking for additional medical tests
If you have not proved enough with your documents, that you relationship is genuine
background checks - because they are done by external agencies, not NDVO.
I have filed through a consultant as well. I would say worst mistake. They are lazy and take forever to file. I had given in my file end of April. They filed end of may. Stupid people. And the background checks are taking forever for my husband as well. And he has travelled no where.

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
sep24.12 said:
Hi Zenn,

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's see about the address change is a good sign! Okay so I asked my husband all these questions:

No, he did it through an agency that is recognized in a couple of countries. He knew he had to get it done coz we had a consultant and he had lived in canada for 3 years.

It came to us and we sent it to the NDVO

It took about 17 weeks in total, when my husband got it done, the website said 4 weeks but the wait time kept increasing and got to 18 weeks.
The best way is to look at the website and they do give you approximate time.

My husband would email every couple of weeks, and there was the same automatic reply that due to the rush, they cannot process anything and the average time is 18 weeks - not much use.

I just hope in your case it is a bit faster. Keep your fingers crossed, you never know!!
Thanks a lot for the info!
I was in Canada for 6 months.. The worst part is that I had ASKED my lawyer if I should do the RCMP check and they said that it would not be necessary!
The lady at NDVO who spoke to me after the other took my prints told me end of June.. But I think she was being generous because I was quite devastated by the thought of such delay. I fear that it will easily go into July/August :(
I agree with you.. unless your case is terribly complicated using a lawyer is the worst idea!

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
muksi said:
Congrats Cal2Can! Assume they are satisfied with the documents you sent and started processing your file. All the best to get your visa soon!
Thanks Muksi.... Lets hope for the best!!! :)

paul1982

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Hello guyz,

Just want to know how much time NDVO takes to return passport to VADODARA, GUJARAT.

I got my decision made on "20/04/2013".

When can i expect the passport to reach our home address. does it come by registered post and someone has to sign for it ?

Kindly reply,

Regards,

Paul

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
thanks sep24.12 and serf,

I am sure, it will be speedy process for the upcoming files as well :)
good luck...

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
kimmy87 said:
if u have travel history our file will takes long..is that true???
am confusing :(

reply plz
Yess It is very true..I have a long travel history and my application is in process from last six months. Because of Background check in in Progress. Once I was feeling very happy that I traveled whole world and now the same is killing me for this wait.

Good Luck

VB20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 13
File Transfer...
April 09
Med's Done....
Feb 18
Passport Req..
May 06
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sep 06
Is there anyone in the forum who has no travel history, no second marriage, has genuine relationship (provided all proofs), no medical issues but still is talking more than 5 months?