+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

naughty

Aug 21, 2012
Hi ASHundal,

When I give Application# with my personal details to get my status, it says Information could not be found.
Can you please share the link?

harpreetraigill

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4
File Transfer...
July 9
Med's Done....
Jan 27
Passport Req..
July 24
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 10
hi everyone. im completely new to this forum. i have a question and hopefully someone out there can answer it Smiley

I sent my appilication to sponser my husband to CIC mississauga on april 4, 2012. and my application was then sent to new delhi on july 9, 2012. they requested my husband to send his passport on july 24, 2012. and he sent in his passport on august 2, 2012.
On the website they say the total processing time is typically about 8 months.
I am really confused because i have heard some people come to canada within 5 months of sponsoring. even my immigration consultant is saying that she doesnt know how long it takes them after submitting the passport, as rules have recently changed.

i know every case is different, and according to the complexity of the case they decide whether they want to set up an interview or not.
CHC in new delhi received my husbands passport on august 2, 2012.
so my question is after submitting your passport in new delhi, how long does it take them to make their decision?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
naughty said:
Hi ASHundal,

When I give Application# with my personal details to get my status, it says Information could not be found.
Can you please share the link?
link is here
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
use sponsor's details with sponsor's UCI and applicants details with applicant's UCI and file number, it will work for sure :)

abbyss

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harpreetraigill said:
hi everyone. im completely new to this forum. i have a question and hopefully someone out there can answer it Smiley

I sent my appilication to sponser my husband to CIC mississauga on april 4, 2012. and my application was then sent to new delhi on july 9, 2012. they requested my husband to send his passport on july 24, 2012. and he sent in his passport on august 2, 2012.
I am really confused because i have heard some people come to canada within 5 months of sponsoring. even my immigration consultant is saying that she doesnt know how long it takes them after submitting the passport, as rules have recently changed.

i know every case is different, and according to the complexity of the case they decide whether they want to set up an interview or not.
so my question is after submitting your passport in new delhi, how long does it take them to make their decision?
Well, if the case is pretty straightforward, you should get your visa within two months.

My wife got her visa within two months after submitting her passport.

seehra1

Aug 20, 2012
ashunandal said:
yes you must enter Canada before your medical results expires. they will put expiry date on the visa same as your medical test date. if you got your medicals done on march 15, 2012 your visa will be valid until march 15, 2013.
hope it helps :)
Thanks buddy ashu...

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
harpreetraigill said:

no one can tell you exactly how long it will take. as you know, it depends on complexity of your case and docs provided by you. but ND finishes almost all cases within 3-4 months after file transfer.
in my case, it took 200 days all together, 100 days in mississauga and 100 days in New delhi including interview.
passport submission is not a step of processing, its just a standard msg for everyone after file transfer.
VO works on the basis of file transfer, steps after file transfer
*initial review
*interview/no interview
*in process
*background and security checks
*Decision made

rhrh03

Aug 20, 2012
Hi
can anyone help me with this as my Ecase shows this information,
We received your application for permanent residence on February 6, 2012.

We started processing your application on July 27, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

i have submited the Passport on July 15th

As my wife is Based out of DUBAI and she needs to write her final exams that is on September 25th, can any one advice by that time will she get the visa or else i will have to request them to return the passport and then submit later

naughty

Aug 21, 2012
Thanks ASHundal,

Its giving status as 'Decision Made - Application Received' using my wife's details but with my details, it says we have not received the file.
Is there any particular day when it gets updated?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
rhrh03 said:
Hi
can anyone help me with this as my Ecase shows this information,
We received your application for permanent residence on February 6, 2012.

We started processing your application on July 27, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

i have submited the Passport on July 15th

As my wife is Based out of DUBAI and she needs to write her final exams that is on September 25th, can any one advice by that time will she get the visa or else i will have to request them to return the passport and then submit later
Congratulations :)
you dont need to request passport back but you will get it within 10 days with visa and COPR ;)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
naughty said:
Thanks ASHundal,

Its giving status as 'Decision Made - Application Received' using my wife's details but with my details, it says we have not received the file.
Is there any particular day when it gets updated?
you mean, you just got sponsorship approval within last few days ?? if yes, they take 3-4 days to update ecas. usually they update on Tuesday but check again tomorrow and then next morning. ;)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
naughty said:
ASHundal,

I got Passport request on 7th August 2012 and they recieved on 9 August 2012.
ohh really, your status is supposed to be
"application received and medical results have been received"
are you sure, you are entering right details in ECAS??

naughty

Aug 21, 2012
Yes ASHundal,

Saare pange lai k dekh lai ;D

I have already heard from someone, at times they don't update but I too doubt this

seehra1

Aug 20, 2012
ashunandal said:
ohh really, your status is supposed to be
"application received and medical results have been received"
are you sure, you are entering right details in ECAS??
I think what he meant to say is this...we receive two UCI numbers.

One of sponsor
One of who is sponsored.

When we search with sponsir's UCI we get information as DM-App received, however when we enter information with sponsored(person who is being sponsored) information,..it shows nothing.

well, this is my question also...