08-May-2012
AOR Received.
10-Aug-2012
File Transfer...
13-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
10-Oct-2012. In Process since 26th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18th Feb 2013..Address Change 16th Feb 2013)
LANDED..........
Destination Ontario
it was a dry week...but u know what dont loose hope.....smvi rahulcd and april_19 all of u r just there..and last week they updated ecas on a saturday remember. lets all hope for DMs for all people waiting and passport request for me

gr_mehrotra

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
31-8-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Oct 1st 2012
LANDED..........
Soon
fayou said:
Hey gr_mehrotra,
I am also waiting for the passport and I also live in New Delhi. I hope we get it by tomorrow. It shouldn't take that long for delivery.
Did you get your passport ? My wife is still waiting for her passport...

I think ND VO has a tendency to make people wait at each and every stage of the process....

gr_mehrotra

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
31-8-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
reetottal said:
I m flying on 19..anybody here who is flying on same day then plz let me knw
I am still waiting for passport to come back...Will book tkt as soon as I have the pp....Might end up flying same day or 1-2 day after depending on flight...

fayou

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 19, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013
gr_mehrotra said:
I am still waiting for passport to come back...Will book tkt as soon as I have the pp....Might end up flying same day or 1-2 day after depending on flight...
Same here I am still waiting!!

reetottal

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-5-2012
AOR Received.
5-7-2012
File Transfer...
10-7-2012
Med's Done....
2-4-2012
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
30-7-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 sep 2012.. passport received on 8 oct
LANDED..........
landing on 19 oct
gr_mehrotra said:
i m still waiting for pp...

redivivus

Oct 4, 2012
Was referred to this thread from the July 2012 Applicants thread. New member but a long time reader. An outstanding resource for detailed and accurate info!

My story in brief:

I applied for my wife's spousal application on 18-Jul-2012
Received an email acknowledging receipt of my application on 24-Aug-2012
Received a letter confirming that I have met the eligibility requirements for a sponsor and that my file has been forwarded to the New Delhi office for processing on 28-Aug-2012

However, I have not received any further communication from them as to the next steps so it has me a bit worried. Perhaps you chaps (and ladies) can steer me in the right direction ?

What is the approximate wait time for the request for her passport ?
How do they make this request ? Email/ Snail Mail/ Phone ? My address (in Canada) or hers (in India) ?
On average, is it reasonable to expect a successful resolution to the application by the end of the year ?

Just had a long chat with the CIC lady via phone, and they just kept steering me towards the New Delhi Office website. Oh, and please feel free to add my information tot he ongoing spreadsheet.

buddyb

Sep 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22/2012
File Transfer...
July 19/2012
Passport Req..
August 14/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03/2012
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on clearing the first hurdle in the sponsoring process. Depending on what your have selected as a method of communication while filing in the forms and who is the representative in the case. In case you have taken consent from your wife and you are the sole point of contact in the whole process and the method is email. You will be notified by email. This notificiation will come from New Delhi office.
No need to worry as there are other folks in the forum who have applied much before your date and still awaiting their fate. so stay tuned and Good luck.

redivivus said:
Was referred to this thread from the July 2012 Applicants thread. New member but a long time reader. An outstanding resource for detailed and accurate info!

My story in brief:

Received a letter confirming that I have met the eligibility requirements for a sponsor and that my file has been forwarded to the New Delhi office for processing on 28-Aug-2012

However, I have not received any further communication from them as to the next steps so it has me a bit worried. Perhaps you chaps (and ladies) can steer me in the right direction ?

How do they make this request ? Email/ Snail Mail/ Phone ? My address (in Canada) or hers (in India) ?
On average, is it reasonable to expect a successful resolution to the application by the end of the year ?

Just had a long chat with the CIC lady via phone, and they just kept steering me towards the New Delhi Office website. Oh, and please feel free to add my information tot he ongoing spreadsheet.

gr_mehrotra

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
31-8-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
reetottal said:
i m still waiting for pp...

I think they dispatch PP's in bulk only once a week...

hello2adi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
28-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
30-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012 (Got a wrong req, so sent PP only on 3rd sep)
Hi Guys,
By gods grace, my wife received her passport with the COPR Visa stamp today.

Our problem is that it expires on 25 Dec. However, both of us need to attend my brother's wedding in India in January.
Earlier the plan was that she will stay in India till the wedding and then come back with me after the wedding.
However, due to this expiry date, it seems she will have to travel before that date.

My question is;
1. Has anyone landed after the expiry date on the Visa? What happens if one does not land before this date? Any experiences?
2. Say if she comes before 25th to Canada and then goes back to India in Jan. She wont have her PR card with her. So, how does she get to enter back in Canada after attending the wedding in Jan?

Adi

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Telephonic Interview 10 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
11 Sep 2012, Passport recd by New Delhi on 17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 11 Oct 2012, Decision Made: 30 November 2012
LANDED..........
10 Dec 2012, Destination: Edmonton, Alberta
hello2adi said:
Hi Guys,

Our problem is that it expires on 25 Dec. However, both of us need to attend my brother's wedding in India in January.
Earlier the plan was that she will stay in India till the wedding and then come back with me after the wedding.
However, due to this expiry date, it seems she will have to travel before that date.

My question is;
1. Has anyone landed after the expiry date on the Visa? What happens if one does not land before this date? Any experiences?
One has to land before PR visa expiry date otherwise need to apply again for immigration process.

2. Say if she comes before 25th to Canada and then goes back to India in Jan. She wont have her PR card with her. So, how does she get to enter back in Canada after attending the wedding in Jan?
If she doesnt get her PR card till that time and want to travel to India, that's ok. When she has to come back then need to apply for a travel document from New Delhi VO, it takes few days. This is the only option and solution.

Adi

gr_mehrotra

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
31-8-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
hello2adi said:
Hi Guys,

My question is;

Adi

You can easily get the travel document from ND in 10-15 days. Even I would be doing the same for my wife.

She is planning to be here Oct 20 or so and then we need to head back to India together Dec 28th to attend her brother's marriage in January.

Other option is to provide your friends address at the time of landing where they will send the PR card and if your friend receives the card while you guys are in India, he can mail you the card. I am not sure how safe it is to send the card to India.

Current processing time for new PR card seems to be 60 days.

mumble

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2012
AOR Received.
10-Aug-2012
File Transfer...
13-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
10-Oct-2012. In Process since 26th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18th Feb 2013..Address Change 16th Feb 2013)
LANDED..........
Destination Ontario
redivivus said:

My story in brief:

Hello redivivus,

I am in the same boat as you are.

Our file was transferred to Delhi on 13th August. Since then we have not heard anything from New Delhi. The call center is not helpful. I would suggest send them a query on the email mentioned on website. Or you can apply for GCMS notes.

Is your application showing 'In Process' in ecas?

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
08/23/2012, In Process 11/5/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
Wanna go to Toronto as soon as possible
gr_mehrotra said:
You can easily get the travel document from ND in 10-15 days. Even I would be doing the same for my wife.

She is planning to be here Oct 20 or so and then we need to head back to India together Dec 28th to attend her brother's marriage in January.

Other option is to provide your friends address at the time of landing where they will send the PR card and if your friend receives the card while you guys are in India, he can mail you the card. I am not sure how safe it is to send the card to India.

Current processing time for new PR card seems to be 60 days.
- Tell you if you do not receive PR card due to some issues then you are stuck in india. PR people are not allowed to enter canada until they produce PR card at port of leaving(somewhere from india). Its better to wait for your PR card to get deliver to you before leaving country.
- Current processing time is 60 days but my husband got his PR card pretty late as he had to resend photos (yeah after landing in toronto for 3 months they asked for new passport photos after following immigration call center for agonizing long time. )
- 2nd option do not look good if you need to resend some documents for PR (but you can definitely request PR authorities) with your return tickets and specific reasons to take your file on priority. they do that in some cases.

I hope this helps you to take decision.

fayou

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 19, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013
hello2adi said:
Hi Guys,

My question is;

Adi
Hey Adi, congrtats on ur passport. Where is your wife located in India? seems that you got DM same day as me and I haven't received my passport yet.

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Telephonic Interview 10 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
11 Sep 2012, Passport recd by New Delhi on 17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 11 Oct 2012, Decision Made: 30 November 2012
LANDED..........
10 Dec 2012, Destination: Edmonton, Alberta
smvi said:
- Tell you if you do not receive PR card due to some issues then you are stuck in india. PR people are not allowed to enter canada until they produce PR card at port of leaving(somewhere from india). Its better to wait for your PR card to get deliver to you before leaving country.
- Current processing time is 60 days but my husband got his PR card pretty late as he had to resend photos (yeah after landing in toronto for 3 months they asked for new passport photos after following immigration call center for agonizing long time. )
- 2nd option do not look good if you need to resend some documents for PR (but you can definitely request PR authorities) with your return tickets and specific reasons to take your file on priority. they do that in some cases.

I hope this helps you to take decision.

Adding to these very nice informative points.
That there is no provision for priority processing for initial/first time PR card.
Only option is to apply for travel document from Local visa office (New Delhi) in your case to enter Canada.
Second, if anybody back in Canada receives your PR card can mail you.