+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW CHANGES TO SOWP- 2024

jasonshaw1994

May 10, 2024
Hello everyone,

Please help me in my case if someone has any idea. I applied for my wife's SOWP file on 23 January 2024 and she got a refusal on 8 May 2024. As we applied the file before 19th march 2024 is she still able to reapply because her correspondence letter no where says that she can't apply again.

she got a rejection even after showing 2cr CA report, 7,71,000 funds in saving and working for 7 years in the same company.

please help and suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please help me in my case if someone has any idea. I applied for my wife's SOWP file on 23 January 2024 and she got a refusal on 8 May 2024. As we applied the file before 19th march 2024 is she still able to reapply because her correspondence letter no where says that she can't apply again.

she got a rejection even after showing 2cr CA report, 7,71,000 funds in saving and working for 7 years in the same company.

please help and suggest.
What is your status (apply, expire)? What is significant about March 19? What were reasons for refusal?

jasonshaw1994

May 10, 2024
I am the husband and I am on student permit holder for one-year diploma course in Sudbury. I started the course on 8 January 2024 and applied for hers on 23 January under SOWP but it got refused on 8th may 2024. I have a valid student permit until December 31 2024. March 19th onwards people on graduate course like 1 year diploma will not longer be able to apply for SOWP. but i have applied before that date and got a refusal am i still able to reapply or not.

below is the reason for the refusal. I applied from India

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am the husband and I am on student permit holder for one-year diploma course in Sudbury. I started the course on 8 January 2024 and applied for hers on 23 January under SOWP but it got refused on 8th may 2024. I have a valid student permit until December 31 2024. March 19th onwards people on graduate course like 1 year diploma will not longer be able to apply for SOWP. but i have applied before that date and got a refusal am i still able to reapply or not.

below is the reason for the refusal. I applied from India

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
How much in funds dis you show? You would want to meet new proof of funds.

jasonshaw1994

May 10, 2024
i applied for my student visa before my marriage and i got married in november 2024 and then after coming to canada in January i applied her visa SOWP on 23 january.

i am not sure if i can reapply her visa after rejection as after 19march2024 they are not allowing to apply SOWP for 1 year course students. do you have any idea if i can apply again after rejection even after the changes on 19march2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i applied for my student visa before my marriage and i got married in november 2024 and then after coming to canada in January i applied her visa SOWP on 23 january.

i am not sure if i can reapply her visa after rejection as after 19march2024 they are not allowing to apply SOWP for 1 year course students. do you have any idea if i can apply again after rejection even after the changes on 19march2024
YYou can try but show proof of funds for 2. Assume you entered as married and notified CBSA/IRCC when you entered Canada.

jasonshaw1994

May 10, 2024
YYou can try but show proof of funds for 2. Assume you entered as married and notified CBSA/IRCC when you entered Canada.
yeah i will show proof of funds as $16000 in wifes account and $6000 in my account and remaining balance in my GIC account i can show too for 6 months. but i am skeptical about applying as if i am eligible or not because there is no information about wether rejected visas can apply or not after 19 march 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yeah i will show proof of funds as $16000 in wifes account and $6000 in my account and remaining balance in my GIC account i can show too for 6 months. but i am skeptical about applying as if i am eligible or not because there is no information about wether rejected visas can apply or not after 19 march 2024
Try and find out with updated funds. If refused again then consider waiting until you have PGWP to apply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes i submitted a web form to check with them i can reapply. just waiting for a reply.
You will not get a response. They will not respond to a webform that asks a question for them to reply. Call IRCC if you want an answer. Just remember that when you call you are talking to a telephone agent, not officer.

jasonshaw1994

May 10, 2024
Try and find out with updated funds. If refused again then consider waiting until you have PGWP to apply.
and can you suggest me if i should re apply again because my 2nd semester will get over on 19aug2024 but i have a permit till december 31st 2024. will they still give my wife visa on basis of my study permit?