Med's Done....
Aug 11, 2012
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012 Passport sent: Jan 11, 2013 Decision Made: Feb 16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 14, 2013 Visa Received: Feb 19, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 27, 2013
My mom's the one who sponsored me and my brothers but by that time i was single and have no child.,after 2 years we finally got the passport request and now waiting for the VISA but my main problem is IM ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH ANY DAY THIS MONTH. what will happen to my baby? i mean what do i have to do to bring him there if the visa come? should i leave first and just apply for another family class sponsorship or declare the baby first before leaving?????its sooo complicated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must declare your baby and add your baby as a dependent to your application before you come to Canada. If you fail to add your baby before you come to Canada, then you will never be able to sponsor your baby.

Are you married or common law now? If so, this could create further issues with your application.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
This has been posted many over the forum by qorax, here it is

How to add a newborn baby into an already submitted case file?

After we have applied for the Canadian PR process there would be occassions when an applicant has been blessed with a newborn baby. Now, if this baby isn't 'added' into our case file & we proceed to 'land' [given that we already have the meds/PPR/PRVs already, it'd be a serious 'misrepresentation of facts' & we could face twin problems... [1]we may not be able to sponsor the baby after entering Canada, [2]we might be deported & face a 2-yrs. ban.

Similalrly, if we r yet to receive our meds, and have a baby meanwhile, the situation might not be that complex, however it makes sense that we 'add' the newborn into our case file asap, else there could be inordinate delays if we don't or delay this action.

Remember, as with all family members [whether accompanying or otherwise] we need to get the baby's meds done; only then s/he could move with u... AND all the PRVs [PR Visas] of the entire family must be linked to each other... that's what the IRPA regulation specifies.

Nothwithstanding the foregoing, here's the procedure to 'add' the newborn into our PR case file:

Prepare the following for ur VO:

1. Immigration Forms:
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf
(to be signed by the PA, if the child is below 18-yrs of age)

2. Children's Information:
(a) Children's birth certificates (which name their parents);
(b) Children's Travel Documents or Passports
-Only include copies of the bio-page of the child/ren showing the pp No., date of issue and expiry, photo, name, date and place of birth. If u live in a country different from your nationality - include the copy of the page where his/her visa for the country where you currently live.
-You and your family members must hold valid regular passports to obtain permanent resident visas; diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.

3. Photo requirements:
Supply four (4) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions in your guide (see “Photos” in section on completing the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) and in Appendix B: Photo Specifications.

4. Application Fees:
The processing fees are payable at the time of application. It's $150 for a family member of the PA who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner. U should file-in the Fee Payment form (IMM 5620): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5620E.pdf

Submit the foregoing package to ur VO

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
missyani said:
i mean what do i have to do to bring him there if the visa come? should i leave first and just apply for another family class sponsorship or declare the baby first before leaving?
What country are you going to Canada from? If flying from anywhere, i think it's impossible to fly when you are that close to delivery date. So you will have no choice but to have baby in your own country, then add the baby into your application. It will cause delay, but is your only option.

If you are driving from the US to Canada, if you have the baby in Canada the baby will automatically be a Canadian citizen and you wouldn't need to add the baby to your application. Although you will most likely not have health insurance here so would need to pay for all (expensive) delivery costs.