+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Applicant ( Electrical Engineer from Pakistan)

aqeelshergill

Aug 10, 2016
Hi experts! I am Telecom professional having 5 years of work experience holding 4 years of bachelors degree of B.E Electrical specialization in Telecom with Age 27.
I want to apply for Canadian immigration for PR, below are my concerns:
1) I will start from IELTS and can secure CLB level 8.
2) Will get my education credentials assessed by ECA Canada.
3) As per FSWP i am definitely eligible for Express Entry as minimum required points are 67/100.
4) Here comes the critical part CRS system to get ITA. with CLB8 i secure 360 points and with CLB9 i can secure 429 points which are also not enough because last ITA sent to applicant who get 490 points. Note: I do not have Canadian degree, do not have Canadian work experience, do not have spouse factor points and off course do not have JOB OFFER from Canada.
5) Based on the above credentials it is very clear that i need PNP to get PR.
6) As per my internet search only Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia offers PNP to skilled worker without a job offer from Canada.
Based on my experience and qualification i lie in NOC code:2133 "Electrical and Electronics Engineers" which is in demand list of Nova Scotia only and please note that currently NS is not accepting any new applications :(
7) In short i need professional opinion or suggestion from the wise experts that is it a smart move for me to invest my time and money for the PNP of Nova Scotia only? or if there are any other possibilities/suggestions which can help me to get Canadian PR then please mention with detail as i will highly appreciate the positive reply. Thanks.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aqeelshergill said:
Hi experts! I am Telecom professional having 5 years of work experience holding 4 years of bachelors degree of B.E Electrical specialization in Telecom with Age 27.
3) As per FSWP i am definitely eligible for Express Entry as minimum required points are 67/100.
4) Here comes the critical part CRS system to get ITA. with CLB8 i secure 360 points and with CLB9 i can secure 429 points which are also not enough because last ITA sent to applicant who get 490 points. Note: I do not have Canadian degree, do not have Canadian work experience, do not have spouse factor points and off course do not have JOB OFFER from Canada.
6) As per my internet search only Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia offers PNP to skilled worker without a job offer from Canada.
Based on my experience and qualification i lie in NOC code:2133 "Electrical and Electronics Engineers" which is in demand list of Nova Scotia only and please note that currently NS is not accepting any new applications :(
7) In short i need professional opinion or suggestion from the wise experts that is it a smart move for me to invest my time and money for the PNP of Nova Scotia only? or if there are any other possibilities/suggestions which can help me to get Canadian PR then please mention with detail as i will highly appreciate the positive reply. Thanks.
PEI and NB also do not require a job offer.

Pakistani_Funter

Jul 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London & Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-Mar-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
24-Jul-2016
Passport Req..
02-Aug-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2016
LANDED..........
Soon Insha Allah
aqeelshergill said:
If your CRS point are above 400 and you are in the Express Entry Pool, then you will receive Ontario Provincial Nomination automatically.
But Ontario sends invitation only when their Human Capital express entry stream is open. For other provincial nomination you have to apply for pnp but Ontario & British Columbia select candidates from Express Entry pool if they qualify their criteria.
My points were 456 & I recieved the OINP invitaion next day after creating my Express entry profile, that time OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream was open.

Visit the following link for detailed understanding about OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html

Regards,
Pakistani Funter

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Pakistani_Funter said:
If your CRS point are above 400 and you are in the Express Entry Pool, then you will receive Ontario Provincial Nomination automatically.
But Ontario sends invitation only when their Human Capital express entry stream is open. For other provincial nomination you have to apply for pnp but Ontario & British Columbia select candidates from Express Entry pool if they qualify their criteria.
My points were 456 & I recieved the OINP invitaion next day after creating my Express entry profile, that time OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream was open.

Visit the following link for detailed understanding about OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html

Regards,
Pakistani Funter
Hi do you know when OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream with re-open? I'm on 474.

Gagan89

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Can anybody please help direct to right person or a page where I can find more info. about the skilled worker program in Newfoundland and PEI. I am eligible for both states but I don't know if they are open to accept new apps or close for this year.

I don't know which should I apply all I know I have 67/100 points
Can anybody please direct me

Any help will be appreciated

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Gagan89 said:
Can anybody please help direct to right person or a page where I can find more info. about the skilled worker program in Newfoundland and PEI. I am eligible for both states but I don't know if they are open to accept new apps or close for this year.

I don't know which should I apply all I know I have 67/100 points
Can anybody please direct me

Any help will be appreciated
Check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

Farmanullah

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Nomination.....
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
Waiting
aqeelshergill said:
For Saskatchewan,Engineer in training licensing is required as It is a regulated profession in Saskatchewan and I think in Nova Scotia as well...For Saskatchewan... check APEGS website.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Farmanullah said:
For Saskatchewan,Engineer in training licensing is required as It is a regulated profession in Saskatchewan and I think in Nova Scotia as well...For Saskatchewan... check APEGS website.
Is it possible to get this licence from outside Canada? For Nova Scotia, you need to have proof of legal status in Canada before they consider a licensure application- so no good for international applicants.

Farmanullah

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Nomination.....
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
Waiting
I am Electrical Engineer with NOC 2133 and applied APEGs for Engineer in training license...
How's time will take for approval as I want to submit my application in january 2018

mater

Jul 23, 2015
I am Electrical Engineer with NOC 2133 and applied APEGs for Engineer in training license...
How's time will take for approval as I want to submit my application in january 2018
we are in the same boat , did you reach exams step ??

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Quick question Aqeel.
Did you have a PEC registration when you applied for EE?